Login

russian armor

Ultimate guide to further improving coh2

17 Mar 2014, 10:14 AM

Shocktroops could need to buy their SMGs like Rangers, etc. There are lots of ways they could have given Soviets more interesting munitions-based upgrades.

You aren't playing since release, are you?

Shocks used to have to buy ppsh back when they were 360mp.
Then upgrade was made default and cost raised to 480, then it was lowered, because at 480 no one ever got them.
17 Mar 2014, 13:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't think molotovs are the real problem here. The only somehow bothering thing in my opinion is that a con squad spotted and engaged by an mg42 squad will still be able to throw a molotov in the face during a frontal attack. But I don't see how this can be changed, because buffing mg42 will probably not be a wise option, nor nerfing the molotov.

Someone said that molotov should produce damage in time (maybe after 2 seconds), not from the first second, as penalty for lack of attention and/or bad micro. Maybe this?

Increase DOT from flames, reduce crit.
Reduce rangecast from abilities while supressed. No more Rnades/Molotovs to MGs while being crawling on the ground.
17 Mar 2014, 13:48 PM

Increase DOT from flames, reduce crit.
Reduce rangecast from abilities while supressed. No more Rnades/Molotovs to MGs while being crawling on the ground.

This. Everybody that complains about Molos being thrown at an MG seem to conveniently forget that this is true with all nades. Guards will do it, Shocks will do it, Grens will do it, Pgrens will do it.

This isnt just molo unique.
17 Mar 2014, 14:45 PM

This. Everybody that complains about Molos being thrown at an MG seem to conveniently forget that this is true with all nades. Guards will do it, Shocks will do it, Grens will do it, Pgrens will do it.

Man.... Molotov costs 7 amo.... I can find no reason not to throw one everytime my cons will be in range. For a cost of 7 amo you can kill 1 max 2 MG42 member squad and force MG to reposition or retreat (or die in flames). For a 25 amo cost, Rifle grenade doesn't do that to a Maxim for instance. Ok, will kill an average of 2 men (though the damage is very random between nothing and 4 man), but this will not force he maxim to change position and redeploy. I'm not complaining, I said this could be a problem.
17 Mar 2014, 15:11 PM

Man.... Molotov costs 7 amo.... I can find no reason not to throw one everytime my cons will be in range. For a cost of 7 amo you can kill 1 max 2 MG42 member squad and force MG to reposition or retreat (or die in flames). For a 25 amo cost, Rifle grenade doesn't do that to a Maxim for instance. Ok, will kill an average of 2 men (though the damage is very random between nothing and 4 man), but this will not force he maxim to change position and redeploy. I'm not complaining, I said this could be a problem.

If you have played at least a single game or even went out of your biass bubble you'd knew that you didn't even finished first line and already are full of shit.

It costs 15 muni.
17 Mar 2014, 16:57 PM
Benefactor 360

Shocktroops could need to buy their SMGs like Rangers, etc. There are lots of ways they could have given Soviets more interesting munitions-based upgrades.

So you want to "give Soviets more interesting upgrades" by taking away what they already have and selling it back to them?
17 Mar 2014, 19:39 PM

Personally i think the way the Cmdrs are implanted, the way the resources work and the randomness are the parts that need the most attention.

Cmdrs : Use the same screen as Vcoh but add the cmdrs slotting from coh2 :
It give you 3 little tech trees of 2 columns of 3 options (same as vcoh) and you have also the option of choosing which Cmdrs to slot in each the 3 tech trees. (the best of both world)

Resources point : Remove all fuel and all munitions bonus from non dedicated point, but add more fuel or munitions if the point is upgraded. (so upgraded points become more strategic)

Randomness : A bit more predictability in all actions would make the game more interesting.
17 Mar 2014, 19:43 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 08:27 AMKatitof

Yes, it can win you a game, it can loose you a game, but it should never be touched.

Planes in vCoH did the same(gliders are not planes) and everything was fine.

well i guess it's ok then since apparently vcoh did everything right
17 Mar 2014, 20:24 PM

Rifle Nades are not random. Your aiming is Random. Its many circles within circles. The smallest one gets the kills. Put the Rnade dead center on the largest group of models and you will get the same 3+ kills with every squad that stands still. The larger circles are scatter and cause health damage.

With OORAH and Molo its the same cost as Rnade that can hit the targets at range. So a good rifle nade will whipe about 50% of the Squad. So will a Molo if you dont just stand there in it.
17 Mar 2014, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 19:43 PMpigsoup

well i guess it's ok then since apparently vcoh did everything right

Its ok, because it makes sense to die if you got hit to the face with a friggin burning plane.
17 Mar 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 20:47 PMKatitof
Its ok, because it makes sense to die if you got hit to the face with a friggin burning plane.

I give you that, but plane crashes are so RNG dependent they should not be in the game. Planes should be forced to crash off map.
17 Mar 2014, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 08:55 AMKatitof

Its not really any 'point' though, its just underlining/pointing out the intended design.

Soviets are ability focused faction, germans are upgrade focused faction, molotovs are offensive area denial ability.

Everything works as intended here.

I dont see wether or not it was intended to be that way or not matters to the argument wether its good gameplay or wether some changes might benefit gameplay. Hopefully all design decisions arent cut in stone just because the game was intended to be played a certain way.
18 Mar 2014, 00:25 AM

I dont see wether or not it was intended to be that way or not matters to the argument wether its good gameplay or wether some changes might benefit gameplay. Hopefully all design decisions arent cut in stone just because the game was intended to be played a certain way.

It doesn't matter, it won't be changed no matter how well will you argument against it.
Its in the same bag as soviet extremely flawed tiering(compared to both PE and ami one).
18 Mar 2014, 02:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 10:14 AMKatitof
You aren't playing since release, are you?

Shocks used to have to buy ppsh back when they were 360mp.
Then upgrade was made default and cost raised to 480, then it was lowered, because at 480 no one ever got them.

Just because it was changed doesn't mean it can't be changed back, or are you going to argue that they should never put the T-70 or SU-85 back the way it was?

Except the Molotov does high DoT with a high crit chance. A Grenade has a chance to crit 1-4 people depending on grenade and spacing. But a Molotov can DoT or Crit an MG 42 to death if it crits the gunner and he hasn't already packed up.
18 Mar 2014, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 15:11 PMKatitof

If you have played at least a single game or even went out of your biass bubble you'd knew that you didn't even finished first line and already are full of shit.

It costs 15 muni.

True, I was in hurry and therefore wrong. That does not change 2 facts:

1. You are using insults whithout being insulted, you probably are a 10 years old boy with no education whatsoever, so settle up kid before I call your parents. Your coments are way over the subject and get personal, not only with me but with others also on this forum, probably a moderator should put you back in the line.
2. It still costs less than a RG.
18 Mar 2014, 08:26 AM

people who say Molotovs are easy to dodge

ever tried playing the game with queensland adsl internet?
no?
then you don't know shit, sorry but it's true

why should i be limited to playing the german faction because i don't live in a more populated part of the world
18 Mar 2014, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2014, 08:26 AMbuckers
people who say Molotovs are easy to dodge

ever tried playing the game with queensland adsl internet?
no?
then you don't know shit, sorry but it's true

why should i be limited to playing the german faction because i don't live in a more populated part of the world

So everyone should suffer because you have shitty internet? Holy shit this is the dumbest argument ever made on these forums.
and
18 Mar 2014, 10:02 AM

So everyone should suffer because you have shitty internet? Holy shit this is the dumbest argument ever made on these forums.

Actually the matchmaking servers are placed in the US. Playing from Denmark feels like 100-200ms. So much for fixing command lag...
18 Mar 2014, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2014, 10:02 AMand

Actually the matchmaking servers are placed in the US. Playing from Denmark feels like 100-200ms. So much for fixing command lag...

They were meant to fix games from coming to a complete halt every 10 seconds, not the delay between orders and reactions.
18 Mar 2014, 10:40 AM

They were meant to fix games from coming to a complete halt every 10 seconds, not the delay between orders and reactions.

Umm, the delay was also improved, units react much faster and dodging nades/molotovs is easier then it ever was.
You can start packing up MG almost the moment you see con getting a bottle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 817
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak