Login

russian armor

Partisans reinforcement cost.

Would you like to see Relic lower the reinforcement cost for Partisans?
Option Distribution Votes
59%
41%
Total votes: 49
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Mar 2014, 18:59 PM

30MP? Seriously? You get to pay 30MP for one Partisan model whose durability is roughly, if not exactly, equal to a Osttruppen model? Partisans are very flimsy and more of a hipster or trolling unit. I think that lowering the reinforcement cost to atleast 20 or even 15 may make Partisans more valuable.
3 Mar 2014, 19:12 PM

It's almost as if they have a drawback for their cheap cost and ability to be deployed behind enemy lines or something?
3 Mar 2014, 19:23 PM

It would make sense if they had 80 health from the get go, but these buggers while situationally really useful are huge mp drain if you choose to maintain them.
3 Mar 2014, 20:07 PM

They're supposed to be a huge mp drain if you keep making them throughout the game. That's why they have such a cheap initial cost. They're supposed to be used to harass the enemy or secure a flank, not replace your main infantry forces.

My main point is if they had lower reinforce cost, why would you ever field conscripts if you can call partisans in for cheaper initial and reinforce cost, same hp and armor, more damage if you're lucky with the weapons, being able to plant mines, and the ability to deploy behind enemy lines?
3 Mar 2014, 21:24 PM

One word : "merge"
3 Mar 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2014, 21:24 PMofield
One word : "merge"

2 words.
Play soviets.

(because if you would, you'd knew its not possible and I wouldn't have to state the obvious again)
3 Mar 2014, 22:54 PM

No. They're designed as one time use unit. Changing reinf. cost would create balance issues especially that they cost 120 MP.
3 Mar 2014, 23:13 PM

No. They're designed as one time use unit. Changing reinf. cost would create balance issues especially that they cost 120 MP.

160(and 240 for AT ones)
120 is for osttruppen.
4 Mar 2014, 13:16 PM

My main Issue is with the AT Partisans. I usually "one time use" my normal Partisans but im very afraid of suicide charging AT Partisans, because of the price of a full conscript squad and because of the, in my subjective opinion, very high chance to drop their AT equipment upon death. And nobody wants to gift the enemy a Shrek right? Im usually stuck with these Partisans then who cost a lot to reinforce, are squishy and hurt the MP income.
4 Mar 2014, 13:58 PM

My main Issue is with the AT Partisans. I usually "one time use" my normal Partisans but im very afraid of suicide charging AT Partisans, because of the price of a full conscript squad and because of the, in my subjective opinion, very high chance to drop their AT equipment upon death. And nobody wants to gift the enemy a Shrek right? Im usually stuck with these Partisans then who cost a lot to reinforce, are squishy and hurt the MP income.

Partisans should come with a cyanide-ability.
4 Mar 2014, 14:31 PM

They're supposed to be a huge mp drain if you keep making them throughout the game. That's why they have such a cheap initial cost. They're supposed to be used to harass the enemy or secure a flank, not replace your main infantry forces.

My main point is if they had lower reinforce cost, why would you ever field conscripts if you can call partisans in for cheaper initial and reinforce cost, same hp and armor, more damage if you're lucky with the weapons, being able to plant mines, and the ability to deploy behind enemy lines?

Two words...

Rifle Grenade.

It will one shot Partisans. That shouldnt change. Conscripts would still be a safer bet. Also the HP buff needs to be purchased with alot of muni. Which means less mines, maphack, mark vehicle.

Right now its not worth getting because of Rifle Nades and reinforement cost.

It just boggles my goddamn mind that conscripts cant merge with irregulars and partisans. It seems like relic just limited the already limited usefulness of this ability.
4 Mar 2014, 16:00 PM

It just boggles my goddamn mind that conscripts cant merge with irregulars and
but they can merge with irregulars, which makes irregulars quite okay-useful in early game. but they don't succeed vs vet grens.
4 Mar 2014, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2014, 16:00 PMofield
but they can merge with irregulars, which makes irregulars quite okay-useful in early game. but they don't succeed vs vet grens.

But then irregulars don't get rapid conscription which sucks.
9 Mar 2014, 12:52 PM

People use that? It's cheaper to just wait a minute and buy new Conscripts yourself. It's probably the worst thing you could do with your Munitions imo. It's even worse with "Relief Infantry". 120 Mun for an Osttruppen Squad that I only get if I lose 4+ models? I'd rather buy Panzerschrecks.
9 Mar 2014, 14:53 PM

People use that? It's cheaper to just wait a minute and buy new Conscripts yourself. It's probably the worst thing you could do with your Munitions imo. It's even worse with "Relief Infantry". 120 Mun for an Osttruppen Squad that I only get if I lose 4+ models? I'd rather buy Panzerschrecks.

40muni for 1 osttruppen squad is a fair deal(you can get 3 from the ability), it lasts long and you would take casualties anyway, so might as well get some osttruppen for them, expendable pfaust platform/cheap to reinforce dmg sponge is always a good deal.
9 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

I use rapid conscription and it's great. When you are in the late game, all your MP will go into tanks and reinforcements. You will often start to float fuel if you want to get extra infantry squads due to high upkeep costs and high mp bleed from reinforcing a large army. With rapid conscription, you can expand your infantry force without halting your tank production.
9 Mar 2014, 21:22 PM

Interesting. I always wanted to try them, but the cost never seemed worth it to me. I didn't think anyone else would bother either.

Still, calling them "Relief Infantry" is a bit silly when the cost is anything but a relief. But that's just semantics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS