Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace

17 Dec 2013, 02:36 AM

Tiger Ace in 2v2 is a complete joke. With the small map sizes never will the Soviets get enough stuff to surround and kill both it AND the other tanks of you and your ally. You can easily just sit on 2VPs and outlast the 10 minutes unless you were down to 50VP or something.

The only thing that has any chance of killing it is the ISU-152 but that just means your ally has enough fuel for two Panthers to blitz in and kill it.
17 Dec 2013, 02:49 AM

Tiger Ace in 1v1 is an even bigger joke, especially when both armies get pretty wiped or are even in army value towards the end of the game, and the Soviet army has a slight advantage with 50 vps left or something and Bam Tiger Ace, camp on vps, or roll Soviet and then take out his base. I once tried to take it out with 3 at guns, each got taken out in 2 shots by the ace, ace only had 50% health left, was a joke.(One at gun was vet 3 too)
17 Dec 2013, 07:48 AM

you pay with 10 min. no resources incoming :P ;)

if u think it even slightly balance it, u really have no clue about the game. the :P ;) in the end of ur sentence just make u look even more stupid btw.

funny thing is it took Relic several months too to finally give the KT a call-in cost in COH1....doing the same mistake again
18 Dec 2013, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2013, 21:45 PMGreeb

Tiger Ace, on the other hand will always appear, which contributes to give him that feeling of Final Boss.

Except that it isn't final since the patch.

Even if you kill it, the german player can resume his game with vet 3 units.

What I don't get is why there's never an Ace on my side in german team games, lol.
18 Dec 2013, 07:58 AM

Totaly OP in team games. 80% OST in team lobby waiting for game. In late game soviets dont have equal AT tanks. Game ballance is broken.
18 Dec 2013, 20:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I only play 3v3 and 4v4games, and I view both Tiger Ace and SI as being underwhelming in that. Sure they are both fun, but right now I view seeing a Tiger Ace for the opposition as a sign we are gonna win.

Mark it.

Button it

Dog pile it.

You are now 4 v 3 for the next 9 minutes
18 Dec 2013, 20:59 PM

I only play 3v3 and 4v4games, and I view both Tiger Ace and SI as being underwhelming in that. Sure they are both fun, but right now I view seeing a Tiger Ace for the opposition as a sign we are gonna win.

Mark it.

Button it

Dog pile it.

You are now 4 v 3 for the next 9 minutes

If anything Elite and SI (see the SI needs a nerf thread for more explanation) are both more annoying in team games. Why would the marked TA not just back up? And if it gets buttoned, you have what, 10 seconds to kill it? Better players will keep TA at max range and force guards to rush in and get chewed up without doing anything. Also better players will not extend the ace without tons of support. How are you supposed to get near an ace that two other tigers are supporting (in 3v3 and 4v4 games)? That is a meat grinder for Soviet armor, and really boring.
19 Dec 2013, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2013, 02:49 AMVonIvan
Tiger Ace in 1v1 is an even bigger joke, especially when both armies get pretty wiped or are even in army value towards the end of the game, and the Soviet army has a slight advantage with 50 vps left or something and Bam Tiger Ace, camp on vps, or roll Soviet and then take out his base. I once tried to take it out with 3 at guns, each got taken out in 2 shots by the ace, ace only had 50% health left, was a joke.(One at gun was vet 3 too)

This. I lost to a no talent ace clown yet again in 1v1. Too funny. Sight range of a scout car, rapid fire elephant gun, double repair speed, more effective hps than three is2s, a tigers massive armor and the speed of a medium tank. Wtf are us mere mortals supposed to do against this thing?
19 Dec 2013, 17:36 PM

This. I lost to a no talent ace clown yet again in 1v1. Too funny. Sight range of a scout car, rapid fire elephant gun, double repair speed, more effective hps than three is2s, a tigers massive armor and the speed of a medium tank. Wtf are us mere mortals supposed to do against this thing?

i agree with most of your points, but speed of a medium tank? i don't have numbers, but for me it feels like the slowest unit in game ^^
19 Dec 2013, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 17:36 PMchaPeL

i agree with most of your points, but speed of a medium tank? i don't have numbers, but for me it feels like the slowest unit in game ^^

Not the slowest. I believe it's still faster then an elephant and isu, but it is a little bit slower then a regular tiger.
20 Dec 2013, 02:05 AM

It starts with Blitz and also has smoke.

#yoloswag
20 Dec 2013, 08:16 AM

Relic unit designers = bunch of Michael Wittmann's fan-boys.

Hahaha!

20 Dec 2013, 10:48 AM

Hahaha!

xDDDDD epic one
20 Dec 2013, 12:39 PM

Hahaha!

Clearly, that's exactly why the MG 42 was useless for quite awhile, the reason Ost weapon crews are all 5x more vulnerable than their Soviet counterparts, and the reason Soviet is considered overall better and dominates the leaderboards. One overpowered unit that happens to be on the German's team doesn't mean Relic are Nazis, that's ridiculous. It's like calling them Communists because Conscripts are better than Ostruppen or because Penal Troops are better than Grenadiers.

I don't remember anyone accusing Relic of being Nazi fanboys back when Panzer Elite wiped the floor with the Americans early-game, or when the King Tiger and Jagdpanther were introduced. Hell, CoH1 had literal ubermensch, Knights Cross Holders were the strongest infantry in the game, one squad could take on a Rifle Squad and come out with no casualties, they even took 2 sniper shots to kill, per man. And Stormtroopers with 2x StG 44 upgrade were even stronger, virtually unstoppable by infantry, anything that wasn't armoured melted before their eyes. CoH1 was a game where the unfit for service Volksgrenadiers were better fighters than the American's Elite Airborne division! Nobody cried Nazi bias over that.

I could go on but I'll stop here. This kind of shit is ridiculous though. They shouldn't be afraid to balance the game fairly and be called Nazis for it because Soviet players are mad that they can't just Red Tide everything and win.
20 Dec 2013, 15:48 PM

Clearly, that's exactly why the MG 42 was useless for quite awhile, the reason Ost weapon crews are all 5x more vulnerable than their Soviet counterparts, and the reason Soviet is considered overall better and dominates the leaderboards. One overpowered unit that happens to be on the German's team doesn't mean Relic are Nazis, that's ridiculous. It's like calling them Communists because Conscripts are better than Ostruppen or because Penal Troops are better than Grenadiers.

I don't remember anyone accusing Relic of being Nazi fanboys back when Panzer Elite wiped the floor with the Americans early-game, or when the King Tiger and Jagdpanther were introduced. Hell, CoH1 had literal ubermensch, Knights Cross Holders were the strongest infantry in the game, one squad could take on a Rifle Squad and come out with no casualties, they even took 2 sniper shots to kill, per man. And Stormtroopers with 2x StG 44 upgrade were even stronger, virtually unstoppable by infantry, anything that wasn't armoured melted before their eyes. CoH1 was a game where the unfit for service Volksgrenadiers were better fighters than the American's Elite Airborne division! Nobody cried Nazi bias over that.

I could go on but I'll stop here. This kind of shit is ridiculous though. They shouldn't be afraid to balance the game fairly and be called Nazis for it because Soviet players are mad that they can't just Red Tide everything and win.

MG42 is great support weapon.
Best infantry in CoH was Commandos
Balance was better. Germans get mortar in tier 2 and allies have elite AT infantry.

OH have better late game and is better for team games. Lack of AT on Soviet side is enorm.
70-80% people play as OH. More money for commanders. More whiners on forum, who every day star topic about every soviet ability and want nefr it.

Vlad play very well and is top player. He play both side and know this game. And he have sense of humor.
20 Dec 2013, 16:48 PM

Hahaha!

Its the PimpMyTiger Gold Plated Call of Duty edition!
20 Dec 2013, 17:30 PM

This kind of shit is ridiculous though. They shouldn't be afraid to balance the game fairly and be called Nazis for it because Soviet players are mad that they can't just Red Tide everything and win.

Dude, nobody called them Nazis. It was a joke. You didn't get it.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 15:48 PMAradan

Vlad play very well and is top player. He play both side and know this game. And he have sense of humor.

Thank you for the kind words Aradan. You got the joke too, so I guess only only Mr. Someguy misunderstood.
20 Dec 2013, 21:10 PM

Hahaha!

More like: 'Tiger Ace! Your one-stop shop. No need to invest in a lot of units. Just let the Tiger Ace do the job for you. Available at DLCs near you right now!'
20 Dec 2013, 22:30 PM

More like: 'Tiger Ace! Your one-stop shop. No need to invest in a lot of units. Just let the Tiger Ace do the job for you. Available at DLCs near you right now!'

I have found the best counter for the TA. It has given me such joy. I recommend it for all low to mid level players like me (that dont care too much about their stats).

Jheartless: I see you have elite equipped do you plan on using it? Ill save you the trouble let me know and its a free win for you.

Elite Player: Hehe

Jheartless: Enjoy the lobby! 'surrender'

If Relic doesn't want to balance this thing let them play with themselves...
rbz
21 Dec 2013, 19:17 PM

I have to say, the tiger ace isn't a gamechanger. Since it is unlocked at 16 cp, it is a very late game call in, and by that time most russian players will have enough SU-85 and at guns to take it down. Yes, you can still blitzkrieg with it, but if you call in the tiger ace to win, it usually means you have very few armor left in your army and hence it will be unsupported in its rush towards the enemy base, or its fighting in the middle VP. If you happen to have a very good combined force of tanks behind it, it becomes redundant. If you didn't lose units you were probably going to win the game anyway. It will almost never change the outcome of a match.
The vanilla tiger is ten times more efficient and is always my first choice in 1v1s and 2v2s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS