Login

russian armor

frustrating cheese tactics

21 Dec 2023, 05:57 AM

Team game 4v4. One axis player literally makes 6 kubels or whatever theyre called now, harrasses fuel. transitions into 6 or 7 carro light tanks, and just fucking dominates the map. ideas ?
21 Dec 2023, 13:57 PM

AT boys as UKF, into Stuarts.
Zook squad as USF. Parazook if it's getting really bad fast. Chaffee will stomp all vehicles in the Axis arsenal until StuG/T4 (not counting long range Marder III shots behind inf screens).
21 Dec 2023, 18:55 PM

AT boys as UKF, into Stuarts.
Zook squad as USF. Parazook if it's getting really bad fast. Chaffee will stomp all vehicles in the Axis arsenal until StuG/T4 (not counting long range Marder III shots behind inf screens).

Thank you, I'll try that. I had resorted to 2 zook squads, but being infantry theyre not quick enough to catch up to them, and whatever units he loses, he just makes more. The end result being that he's harassed all resources enough to cost us the game. By the time I get a reasonable counter out, he's got the aforementioned 7 or 8 carros, which easily destroy any armor or infantry I can field.
21 Dec 2023, 22:05 PM

Thank you, I'll try that. I had resorted to 2 zook squads, but being infantry theyre not quick enough to catch up to them, and whatever units he loses, he just makes more. The end result being that he's harassed all resources enough to cost us the game. By the time I get a reasonable counter out, he's got the aforementioned 7 or 8 carros, which easily destroy any armor or infantry I can field.

No problem. You're not supposed to catch up to motorbikes (or LVs) with AT infantry, they're to destroy/repel attacking vehicles. This guy is using a meme build that dies fast the moment bikes start dying off, just like kubel spam was in COH2. If he's replacing bikes, that's just going to make the next stage harder where vetted AT inf meet his Carros/proper LVs. Even BAR rifles will shred through motorbikes fast. (Fire on the move) Rangerzooks or LMGRangers are worth a go too.

Quad mount AA's cheap and available after X Support Centre has been picked. Prob best if the situation is that dire fast and you want to chase down the bikes. That'll shred through them extremely fast. Just don't let it get isolated and focus fired by everything.

I would honestly suggest rushing AT guns if the above isn't working for you. Just keep the guns protected by a (multiple) Rifle screen + maybe a Zook squad.
22 Dec 2023, 00:06 AM

No problem. You're not supposed to catch up to motorbikes (or LVs) with AT infantry, they're to destroy/repel attacking vehicles. This guy is using a meme build that dies fast the moment bikes start dying off, just like kubel spam was in COH2. If he's replacing bikes, that's just going to make the next stage harder where vetted AT inf meet his Carros/proper LVs. Even BAR rifles will shred through motorbikes fast. (Fire on the move) Rangerzooks or LMGRangers are worth a go too.

Quad mount AA's cheap and available after X Support Centre has been picked. Prob best if the situation is that dire fast and you want to chase down the bikes. That'll shred through them extremely fast. Just don't let it get isolated and focus fired by everything.

I would honestly suggest rushing AT guns if the above isn't working for you. Just keep the guns protected by a (multiple) Rifle screen + maybe a Zook squad.

More good advice, thanks again
23 Dec 2023, 17:20 PM

I second the AT guns and would add Hellcats as well. It's sad that you need dedicated tank destroyer units to beat this, but 6-8 of those light tanks smash anything else including a lesser number of Chaffees. I saw this last night in a 2v2 where the guy made a total of 10 of those tanks and 6 of the assault guns. He had at least 8 combined on the field at once. The only reason we beat them back was multiple AT's and bazookas to hold them off until the Hellcats arrived and smoked them.
24 Dec 2023, 03:22 AM

Technically they're medium tanks. The announcer even says so when they arrive on the field. It's "italian medium" tho so I guess it doesn't count.
26 Dec 2023, 17:37 PM

I don’t know how you guys play this, but looking at CoH3, CoH2 is an ideal game. CoH3 is just total spam, spam and spam is 1000 times worse than CoH2, there is no concept of combined arms combat here at all. And this was created by the top players in the Company of Heroes. Disgraceful.
26 Dec 2023, 18:06 PM

I don’t know how you guys play this, but looking at CoH3, CoH2 is an ideal game. CoH3 is just total spam, spam and spam is 1000 times worse than CoH2, there is no concept of combined arms combat here at all. And this was created by the top players in the Company of Heroes. Disgraceful.

Teamgames, yes. 1v1s and 2v2s? No.
27 Dec 2023, 00:00 AM

If "Top" players of CoH2 had an input in CoH2, then it's all the red flags you need.
Just because you spend most of your life playing one game, does not mean you know jack s*** about game design.
I doubt they had an input. I think Relic themselves f***** up CoH3.
27 Dec 2023, 10:22 AM

While there are definitely numerous issues and lessons around balance that frustratingly, don't appear to have been carried over, the idea that there is no concept of combined arms combat in the game is kind of silly. It's just another hyperbolic complaint that isn't particularly helpful or constructive. Have you decided to play the game yet, out of interest?
27 Dec 2023, 10:38 AM

While there are definitely numerous issues and lessons around balance that frustratingly, don't appear to have been carried over, the idea that there is no concept of combined arms combat in the game is kind of silly. It's just another hyperbolic complaint that isn't particularly helpful or constructive. Have you decided to play the game yet, out of interest?

Yes, I took an account from a person and played the game again, after the last patch, and yes, this is a game in which there is no combined arms concept, there is spam and only spam. The gameplay of CoH3 is just complete garbage.
27 Dec 2023, 11:05 AM

Yes, I took an account from a person and played the game again.

I can really tell. :loco:
27 Dec 2023, 15:01 PM

Ah yes, the good old "you're not allowed to have an opinion on the game unless you throw a certain portion of your money and life into its abyss" argument.
27 Dec 2023, 15:06 PM

Hmm today I will tell you all about a game that I've never actually played.
27 Dec 2023, 15:08 PM

I think I have played different coh2 for 800 hours than you have.
The one I have played had at any given patch 3 meta units available for you to use and if you wanted to win a game, you had to spam them.

CoH3 offers incomparably more variety of viable strats right now than CoH2 after 8 years of patches, balancing and doctrine additions.

What kind of scrub level tier you play if you feel like you don't need to use combined arms? This is no longer 1st month brit boys blob balance anymore.
27 Dec 2023, 16:12 PM

Hmm today I will tell you all about a game that I've never actually played.

They just can't help themselves.

-

Sorry Nigel. Let's not hijack the thread any more than we have already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★