Login

russian armor

Self-Imposed thread blackout?

27 Jul 2023, 12:28 PM

As far as I can tell, neither him nor Crecer have chosen to spent any money on the game because they hate it. But boy oh boy do they love to tell people about it.

SEGA doesn't want my money. The game is not available, and even the global key cannot be activated. Imagine I tried to buy the game, To legally try the game. I tried the game, but it's illegal. It's shit.

Well, since SEGA doesn't want my money, good luck to them. With niche projects that dropped online to 1,500 people.
27 Jul 2023, 12:33 PM

SEGA doesn't want my money. The game is not available, and even the global key cannot be activated. Imagine I tried to buy the game, To legally try the game. I tried the game, but it's illegal. It's shit.

Well, since SEGA doesn't want my money, good luck to them. With niche projects that dropped online to 1,500 people.

So to be clear, despite all of the totally valid criticisms of the game, you haven't actually played it? Or you have, and you just didn't pay for it?
27 Jul 2023, 12:37 PM

So to be clear, despite all of the totally valid criticisms of the game, you haven't actually played it? Or you have, and you just didn't pay for it?

Yes, I played. Right now I don't have the game. I looked at the game, appreciated it and returned it to the owner. This was one of the options, I talked to people who wanted to buy the game and found out that the global key does not work.

And yes, if the game was really interesting, I would honestly admit it. But it's not interesting.
Purely theoretically, I can buy the game. Change your region of residence will buy foreign currency and buy CoH3. But after what I saw it makes absolutely no sense. Mess with the account for the sake of such a game.
27 Jul 2023, 12:42 PM

Yes, I played. Right now I don't have the game.

Fair enough. You're better off giving it at least a year to see if it improves or dies. You know, just like COH 2.
27 Jul 2023, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2023, 12:03 PMKoRneY

We get it. You don't like it. You've been going on about it for almost half a year.

Good grief man. Get over it. At this point despite some valid points that are painfully obvious, it's becoming quite clear that your many of your observations that you're throwing out are just uneducated blathering about something you clearly don't own.

I can't imagine if you did spend a dime. Everyone in a 100km radius around you would develop cancer.

Hence my point about the online population dwindling to a small number of sycophants. I've had a lot of things said about me, but never that I'm uneducated. :lolol:

If what I write is making you uncomfortable then you can always check out the official forums or the Discord server, I'm sure those will be more to your sensibilities.
27 Jul 2023, 12:45 PM

Fair enough. You're better off giving it at least a year to see if it improves or dies. You know, just like COH 2.

I've been playing CoH2 since testing, without big breaks. I did not have problems with CoH2 at the start, it only caused me joy and adrenaline rush.
27 Jul 2023, 12:46 PM

Hence my point about the online population dwindling to a small number of sycophants. I've had a lot of things said about me, but never that I'm uneducated :lolol:

Sychophants and dedicated haters. You enjoy the word 'schadenfreude' too much to be entirely uneducated.
27 Jul 2023, 12:47 PM

I've been playing CoH2 since testing, without big breaks. I did not have problems with CoH2 at the start, it only caused me joy and adrenaline rush.

Yes, we know.
27 Jul 2023, 12:55 PM

I'm far from dedicated, I post here very infrequently. I'm not out to ruin the game for anyone - if you enjoy Company of Heroes 3 then that's your business, and if my posts are making you feel bad in some way then you should probably examine that feeling a little more closely. And the game is doing a perfectly good job at ruining itself without my involvement. But the sad attempts by Relic to keep a lid on everything and Astroturf mean that yes, there is some enjoyment that I get from watching it all crumble.
27 Jul 2023, 13:02 PM

I'm far from dedicated, I post here very infrequently. I'm not out to ruin the game for anyone - if you enjoy Company of Heroes 3 then that's your business, and if my posts are making you feel bad in some way then you should probably examine that feeling a little more closely. And the game is doing a perfectly good job at ruining itself without my involvement. But the sad attempts by Relic to keep a lid on everything and Astroturf mean that yes, there is some enjoyment that I get from watching it all crumble.

Who said anything about your posts making people feel bad? You're absolutely entitled to your opinion but as KoRneY says, it's just a bit weird to keep repeating the same points about a game you hate, that you haven't spent money on and that you don't play.
27 Jul 2023, 13:08 PM

You're clearly perturbed by it.
27 Jul 2023, 13:32 PM

Hence my point about the online population dwindling to a small number of sycophants. I've had a lot of things said about me, but never that I'm uneducated. :lolol:

If what I write is making you uncomfortable then you can always check out the official forums or the Discord server, I'm sure those will be more to your sensibilities.

Not a sycophant, I've never preached that they were perfect or that they were infallible. At what point have you seen me praise Relic? Just because you like to tout that you went to uni doesn't mean you were taught about everything, does it? Arrogance and learning don't exactly go hand in hand.

As Spitfire has said you're entitled to your opinion. AFAIK you've given it repeatedly. And like he said, it's odd that you spend so much time into something you don't actually own. So yes, you come off as uneducated about a specific thing. I'm sorry if you're perturbed about that. It's quite possible to be uneducated about many things.

If you want to give merit to your beliefs that you're affecting me in someway, or somehow, don't. I just come here as infrequently as you and see you bitching about the same shit month after month. Also, you aren't original, schadenfreude is just a word for misery loves company which just about everyone on the planet has already heard.
27 Jul 2023, 13:36 PM

That's the thing, I spend very, very little time here. Yet apparently it's enough to make you unhappy.

I don't know why you find that word choice bothersome, I'm not trying to be original. I use a word because it signifies a specific concept. That's the whole point of language?
27 Jul 2023, 13:46 PM

Thing about Discord and Reddit is it's a lot easier to moderate and control the narrative. Take a look at some of the bullshit posts on Reddit and the official forums for reference. So naturally there's going to be a drive for developers to communicate on those platforms where they can be reasonably certain that they're on home ground.

Discord for instance is not just the official CoH3 server ran by Relic though. There is dozens of bigger, CoH3 related Discord servers, even a coh2.org one. If you think the official CoH3 server has shitty moderation, then go to another server.

And idk what this has to do with Discord and Reddit having replaced older gaming forums, which is just a fact and nothing else. And a big part of this whole topic.
27 Jul 2023, 13:49 PM

And I think discord and reddit are better for lots of things, but organized balance convos isnt one of them. Are ppl having balance discussions there? Dont rly use reddit much but i use discord quite often. Tracking a balance convo in a discord server sounds impossible

You're not wrong there (although Discord at least added a thread-feature a while back for this).

I think there is not point to discuss much about CoH3's balance however, because quite frankly the balance of the game seems pretty good and isn't one of the obvious problems of the game. And about the latter... why would anyone go to coh2.org and point out the issues of CoH3 for the 100th time?
27 Jul 2023, 15:16 PM

If were done crapping on Vermillion, Coh3 implemented some stuff from Coh1 that was supposed to be better. This is something I have not seen discussed much but would be good fodder on this site.

vCOH MAP POINTS
We cant really talk about this change too much because 2v2 and up are dead. And I think this is where the change would really help. Is this change better in your opinions?

COMMANDERS/BATTLEGROUPS
This change was supposed to make the meta less predictable. For example "every player knows unit X will become available at Y minutes". Has this change helped? If not, is it because the choice tree is not designed well?
27 Jul 2023, 15:48 PM

You're clearly perturbed by it.

I'm neither perturbed nor unhappy about it Vermillion. Just pointing out the facts. Perhaps you're projecting?

Like when you tell people to just abandon the game and move on, then refuse to follow your own advice. Why? Because of schadenfreude apparently, definitely not because you are still upset that it didn't live up to your probably quite reasonable expectations for a good RTS in 2023.
27 Jul 2023, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2023, 15:16 PMRosbone
If were done crapping on Vermillion, Coh3 implemented some stuff from Coh1 that was supposed to be better. This is something I have not seen discussed much but would be good fodder on this site.

vCOH MAP POINTS
We cant really talk about this change too much because 2v2 and up are dead. And I think this is where the change would really help. Is this change better in your opinions?

COMMANDERS/BATTLEGROUPS
This change was supposed to make the meta less predictable. For example "every player knows unit X will become available at Y minutes". Has this change helped? If not, is it because the choice tree is not designed well?

vCoh map points have allowed for different capping orders, especially with Wehrmacht and their Ket, since whether or not it is upgraded will not give you a bonus on a control point or VP. I think this allows for a more aggressive or unorthodox opening as best you can manage being down an aggressive unit while you muster munitions for the ket upgrade and back cap and fall into a more standard role with a beefed up economy. 2v2 and 3v3 can still deliver some sweaty games (more so 2v2) that are quite intense and go back and forth. Cutoff plays have always been hard in 2v2+ in any CoH IMO.

I think Commanders/BGS will become a more dominant factor when there aren't buffs radically changing units. We've had small and large balance passes over the course of the first few months which drastically changed openings (pathfinder changes including their grenades completely changed how MG42s were used) and med truck nerfs along with MG buffs (esp MG42) that completely changed how engagements rolled out. There seem to be quite a few different playstyles that can be executed though I only play a handful of matches a day so I can't personally say I know all of them.

I lean towards Luftwaffe/Airborne doctrines between Wehrmacht/USF because they give me a button that helps me when I forget to build an AT gun (way better for Airborne...) and/or skip tech. I think they're a bit more flexible when helping a mate that gets doubled.
28 Jul 2023, 07:00 AM

There is a core of coh2.org members that killed the section here with over-posting their salty opinion everywhere everytime. People have moved on the official forum which is full of crybabies and some more self moderated players on the Discord.

At the end of the day, this site is coh2.org so the hater can be happy, it will still be fully dedicated to their favorite game.
28 Jul 2023, 14:27 PM

Who said anything about your posts making people feel bad? You're absolutely entitled to your opinion but as KoRneY says, it's just a bit weird to keep repeating the same points about a game you hate, that you haven't spent money on and that you don't play.

That's really not a knock on Vermillion here. Good on him for waiting out the hype. I've yet to see a player of gamemodes above 2v2 give the game a glowing review. Is it alright for me to "hate" on the game just because I bought it or something? Plenty of the game's issues are glaringly apparent even while watching someone else's gameplay.

Hardly think it's weird at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
Germany 836
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %