Login

russian armor

May 29th News - Roadmap and more communication

29 May 2023, 18:20 PM
29 May 2023, 18:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Community maps appearing under "Reviewing priorities" seems nice.
29 May 2023, 18:44 PM

I have drawing of a content and patches!!!
29 May 2023, 19:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It finally looks though that this was the crash that Relic needed. The reviewing priorities are super vague, but at least there's the community maps and replay function on the list. I hope it's not going to be too late for CoH3, but we'll see.

I have drawing of a content and patches!!!

You sir, made me laugh.

PS: Your meme is not working...
29 May 2023, 19:49 PM

While this post finally somewhat sounds sincere for a change, I'll keep my opinion of relic and coh3 until I see results.

As it stands right now, i may play the game again in 2-3 months. We will see.

I dont know how you guys feel, but this message of relic appears to drip less with nonesense PR talk.
Looking forward for the dev diaries!
29 May 2023, 21:09 PM

While this post finally somewhat sounds sincere for a change, I'll keep my opinion of relic and coh3 until I see results.

As it stands right now, i may play the game again in 2-3 months. We will see.

I dont know how you guys feel, but this message of relic appears to drip less with nonesense PR talk.

Yeah, it is too soon for them to really get it together. The time estimates are still too slow to bring a lot of excitement. I would give them a couple weeks and then hope for things to ramp up.

For now Coh3 1v1 is good. Team games look a few months out. Anyone playing team games just play Coh2 for a couple more months then move back. Sounds reasonable. We can wait. We waited 10 years.
29 May 2023, 21:25 PM

Let's hope they can fulfil their roadmap. Relic don't have any other major products around (AoE IV is stable IIRC), call it hopium if you will, but being the premier WWII RTS keeps ppl coming back. Even when ppl were trying desperately to leave COH2 for alternatives. It's a low bar, but SURELY Relic can do better than say Warcraft Reforged and SCII-in-maintenance-mode? :huh:

With any luck we'll just look back at this period and mark it as a better part of a series of bad game releases by various game companies.
29 May 2023, 21:28 PM

"A welcoming, supportive, and growing community will allow us to continue supporting our game for years to come."

I.e., if the console release goes poorly, the game goes in the dumpster. Nothing to see here folks, as you were.
29 May 2023, 21:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i dont know how you guys feel, but this message of relic appears to drip less with nonesense PR talk.

I think so too. For the first time, they are acknowledging that not everything is looking great. Maybe kicking out Steve Mele helped (the guy on the latest fake interview saying he's really proud of the launch while dodging questions).
I'll be mildly positive for the next weeks. Relic will need another couple of weeks to reorganise though. You can't cut down a company that heavily and expect things to go without major issues.
The main question will still be if Relic managed to kick out the main people who are responsible for the extremely slow development. Only time will tell. If they manage to bring one major feature every month, it would already be a step up.
30 May 2023, 00:29 AM

"A welcoming, supportive, and growing community will allow us to continue supporting our game for years to come."

I.e., if the console release goes poorly, the game goes in the dumpster. Nothing to see here folks, as you were.

Support ends if:
• Community is negative
• Community doesn't approve of us
• Community is too small

Game failed, team is gutted, community about to reach CoH1 levels. The priorities include reviewing replay and surrender options now, on track to reach feature parity with CoH2 in 2025.

CoH2 wasn't worth supporting with stable 3-8k daily concurrent players. Wonder what is the healthy threshold for CoH3: 5-10k?
30 May 2023, 00:50 AM
30 May 2023, 04:57 AM

It finally looks though that this was the crash that Relic needed. The reviewing priorities are super vague, but at least there's the community maps and replay function on the list. I hope it's not going to be too late for CoH3, but we'll see.

You sir, made me laugh.

PS: Your meme is not working...

I don't believe in this roadmap. Lately, I've seen a lot of failed or dead games trying to be revived with the promise of a roadmap. As a result, they were simply closed or given minimal content. So far, I see only another statements without evidence.
30 May 2023, 08:53 AM

I don't believe in this roadmap. Lately, I've seen a lot of failed or dead games trying to be revived with the promise of a roadmap. As a result, they were simply closed or given minimal content. So far, I see only another statements without evidence.

I mean, it's literally just them communicating what their intentions are. It's not that deep.
30 May 2023, 11:19 AM

I think so too. For the first time, they are acknowledging that not everything is looking great. Maybe kicking out Steve Mele helped (the guy on the latest fake interview saying he's really proud of the launch while dodging questions).
I'll be mildly positive for the next weeks. Relic will need another couple of weeks to reorganise though. You can't cut down a company that heavily and expect things to go without major issues.
The main question will still be if Relic managed to kick out the main people who are responsible for the extremely slow development. Only time will tell. If they manage to bring one major feature every month, it would already be a step up.

+1
It's definitely a step i the right direction. We could have all missing stuff (with the exception of the spectator mode) until the end of September plus additional maps which is the biggest problem right now.
What I really don't understand is why the implementation of community maps (legal / technical stuff) was not a priority for Relic BEFORE the launch. If you know that your map pool is small for several months but the community can help you out on this (for free!) then I would have tried everything possible to solve the issue.

I just hope that players will find their way back because the core gameplay of CoH3 is really good and the factions are all TEN times better designed than in CoH2. That's why almost all people that I know will not go back to CoH2. If you have enjoyed the strategic depth of sidetech options as a Wehr players you really don't want to go back to a linear tech or even worse building 4 Volks / 3 rifles in the hq...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★