NERF AT weapon ?
Option Distribution Votes
53%
47%
Total votes: 15
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Mar 2023, 14:56 PM

I play only axis because i love axis

SERIOUSLY ? AT SPAM INFANTERY COUNTER INF + tank + maybe PLANE TOO ?? What they are waiting for NERF THIS SHIT

It's counter INF and even a panzer 4 LOL :gimpy::gimpy:

British = BLOB, spam, NOOB + planes noob

30 Mar 2023, 16:08 PM

Do you expect anyone to take this thread seriously

especially when it starts with "I play only axis because i love axis"
30 Mar 2023, 18:52 PM

As WM, just go the Pzgren building and buy a Nebelwerfer. Get it a bit close to the Britblob then burn them all, esp if they're clustered around a healtruck.

As DAK, you are playing the COH2 OKW vs UKF experience and then some. So go play WM unless you're prepared to deal with the uphill struggle ahead of you.
30 Mar 2023, 20:56 PM

My favorite part is "I only play axis" as if we all didn't already know.
31 Mar 2023, 21:13 PM

As DAK, you are playing the COH2 OKW vs UKF experience and then some. So go play WM unless you're prepared to deal with the uphill struggle ahead of you.

What are you on about? With 210 armor Stug Ds, Propaganda arty (which you can't counter), combined arms counter blob and the stuka, DAK has one of the best if not the best tools in the whole game to counter the current "blob near a heal truck" meta
Vaz
31 Mar 2023, 22:35 PM

Does g-unit not work anymore? I've had 1 of them drop 3-4 squads solo or with minimal support. Just smoke to get close and it's over pretty quick.
1 Apr 2023, 03:01 AM

As soon as the Jager and shreck get nerfed
1 Apr 2023, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2023, 03:01 AMGenObi

rofl whermacht is already weak
1 Apr 2023, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2023, 03:01 AMGenObi

O, Gosh, it is so difficult to deal with them as allies...
Both factions completely lack units to deal with em, innit?
1 Apr 2023, 14:25 PM

O, Gosh, it is so difficult to deal with them as allies...
Both factions completely lack units to deal with em, innit?

Jaegershreck blob is a great excuse to start rifleblobbing as USF.
1 Apr 2023, 14:38 PM

What are you on about? With 210 armor Stug Ds, Propaganda arty (which you can't counter), combined arms counter blob and the stuka, DAK has one of the best if not the best tools in the whole game to counter the current "blob near a heal truck" meta

StuG III Ds are abysmal vs anything bigger than a Stuart (which also outranges its 30 range by 10). I read somewhere that it has 100 pen far, but it tends to miss the target or detonate too early (eg: Chaffee seems to eat shots up like no tomorrow). AT guns pen that 210 with little difficulty. They have nice anti-inf cluster performance but let's not pretend it's a Tommy deleting machine. AT boy squads outrange it and 2 will beat it consistently. If one uses the StuG III D in places with lots of LoS blockers (to mitgate AT gun power) then it's asking to eat snares.

Combined arms (CA) is indeed fantastic. And vet I IS gets improved accuracy vs targets out of cover (Base of Fire), so forget about diving the heal truck. It evens out CA in my experience and stomps your men out of CA, at least until vet II. I suppose it could be the battle of the heal trucks but I never liked this playstyle. And your (usually) LVs are also countered by their A-move and/or Stuart(s). I can do the micro fine but most ppl will struggle immensely.

Propaganda arty is available in only 1/3 BGs and only really works once as a surprise. Hardly much micro tax to split the blob up into 2 slightly apart groups.

If you can make the Stuka work in the huge med tank spam meta, I salute you o7. Delaying your Pz III Ls that much is literally asking for you and your army to get rolled by Crusaders and 76mm Shermans. Unless you are already winning of course.

tl;dr: DAK does indeed have fantastic tools for dealing with Brits. Mainly in the late game and of course Achtrad :lol:
1 Apr 2023, 14:44 PM

StuG III Ds are abysmal vs anything better armored than a Stuart and AT guns pen that 210 with little difficulty. They have nice anti-inf cluster performance but let's not pretend it's a Tommy deleting machine. AT boy squads outrange it and 2 will beat it consistently. If one uses the StuG III D in places with lots of LoS blockers (to mitgate AT gun power) then it's asking to eat snares.

If you can make the Stuka work in the huge med tank spam meta, I salute you o7. Delaying your Pz III Ls that much is literally asking for you and your army to get rolled by Crusaders and 76mm Shermans. Unless you are already winning of course.

StuG has a longrange smoke launcher vs AT guns after the upgrade, and on what planet do two AT rifle squads beat the StuG?? Go run some tests yourself. And at vet 1 you can easily shoot at them from far away, especially on a lane map

Delaying your p3 doesnt matter at all when you have 25 fuel tank destroyers that out-rotate shermans and crusaders trying to circle them from 3 meters away
1 Apr 2023, 15:21 PM

StuG has a longrange smoke launcher vs AT guns after the upgrade, and on what planet do two AT rifle squads beat the StuG?? Go run some tests yourself. And at vet 1 you can easily shoot at them from far away, especially on a lane map

Delaying your p3 doesnt matter at all when you have 25 fuel tank destroyers that out-rotate shermans and crusaders trying to circle them from 3 meters away

In a slug out yes, the StuG III D will beat 2 AT boys, barely. But the latter outranges the former and a bit of thinking will allow them to kite it. Very discouraging to be shot at before you can even get in range and not wonder what else is out there. Of course in an actual game the Britblob will have the healtruck and (just noticed the unlisted change to Volunteer Infantry of 33% to 25%) Indian Arty MP cost/time reductions so you're not beating the squads no matter how hard you try. 21MP reinforce is still cheap.

I have to ask where DAK is getting all the MP and FU for these upgrades with an extra delayed tech (100MP & 25! FU) to unlock StuG III Ds? Because they'll have no problem walking you off the map before your StuG III D arrives. Hell I've had games so dire that the Achtrad was literally the only thing between me and getting drowned in infantry.

Firing Positions still needs a spotter and vet I gained in the first place. I'm sure it can be cancerous for camping VPs, esp with its AT gun range but it's still just a StuG at the end of the day. Ppl have no problems handling StuG III G's armour.

Ehh I've been expecting for weeks that they'll nerf the DAK Marder IIIs, IMHO ppl just haven't really noticed them due to the usual casemate aversion in players. That said, IS/AT boys literally hard counter Marder IIIs so not sure what your point is.
1 Apr 2023, 16:57 PM

Jaegershreck blob is a great excuse to start rifleblobbing as USF.

Exactly
2 Apr 2023, 01:58 AM

2 Apr 2023, 03:55 AM

Relic, plz nerf this thred
2 Apr 2023, 11:23 AM

Ehh I've been expecting for weeks that they'll nerf the DAK Marder IIIs, IMHO ppl just haven't really noticed them due to the usual casemate aversion in players. That said, IS/AT boys literally hard counter Marder IIIs so not sure what your point is.

Slightly off-topic but that's an interesting point about the Marder.

I still have no real idea what i'm doing in COH 3, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I find it quite tough to get the most out of them, they seem to be very clumsy and they barely have more range than regular armour. Obviously, it's a casemate so I know its not supposed to be very agile when it comes to moving and targetting, but unlike the previous game, its gun barrel can't 'move' at all so it relies completely on the whole vehicle rotating to find its target before it fires.

Anyone else noticed this? If its by design that's fair enough obviously. But they seem to have a noticbly harder time adjusting to close up, or moving targets compared to similar units in the previous game.
2 Apr 2023, 13:54 PM

Best bike in COH history but also countered by A-moving Britblob. I'm all for full combined arms, bike, 2 Pzgrens, MG34 + ISG etc. going as far as WWI tactics, but this isn't for most people lol. Also forget about MG ambushes, due to recon flares, unless they get really sloppy. Speaking of flares, they'll see your camped StuG III D as well.

Slightly off-topic but that's an interesting point about the Marder.

I still have no real idea what i'm doing in COH 3, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I find it quite tough to get the most out of them, they seem to be very clumsy and they barely have more range than regular armour. Obviously, it's a casemate so I know its not supposed to be very agile when it comes to moving and targetting, but unlike the previous game, its gun barrel can't 'move' at all so it relies completely on the whole vehicle rotating to find its target before it fires.

Anyone else noticed this? If its by design that's fair enough obviously. But they seem to have a noticbly harder time adjusting to close up, or moving targets compared to similar units in the previous game.

It's not just the Marder III, all the casemates have less 'free' gun traverse in COH3 when compared to COH2. But it's not without a plus side, eg: WM casemates (eg: Brummbar!) come with Hull Down, which reduces incoming dmg by 25%. Prob best for those dastardly laney maps that are very campy.

Marder III is hard to use, unless they dive you or present nice open map options. General casemate manoeuvrability problems plus easily getting into trouble if they push too hard. Forget about shots on the move, if that's even mechanically possible with COH3's casemates. A pair of them has a strong tendency of getting in the way of each other. But these are not new problems tbh, anyone who used a pair of SU-85s or JP4s knows instantly these things. I find it best to simply have them lined up and then fwd or reverse in a straight line. Turning seems to cause the biggest problems. The WM version seems to miss a lot more than the DAK one IMHO. Now aerafield is correct in saying they, "....out-rotate shermans and crusaders trying to circle them from 3 meters away". Of course, they only have 360HP normally, so 3 med tank shots. The DAK one however scales to have 440HP and finally 520HP with the two durability upgrades. And 160dmg increasing to 192dmg with the Tungsten core ammo upgrade.

Marder III has apparently 50 range to a typical tank's 40 range. Even Hellcat only shoots out to 45. AT gun range is 60. Use that info as you will.
2 Apr 2023, 15:20 PM

Marder III is hard to use.

Thanks. Yeah you can definitely feel the difference with the traverse. I suppose its the price you pay for such high damage and pen, you have to react really quickly.
2 Apr 2023, 15:23 PM

Best bike in COH history but also countered by A-moving Britblob. I'm all for full combined arms, bike, 2 Pzgrens, MG34 + ISG etc. going as far as WWI tactics, but this isn't for most people lol. Also forget about MG ambushes, due to recon flares, unless they get really sloppy. Speaking of flares, they'll see your camped StuG III D as well.

Bike is is needed just for its insane passive vision. Getting vet 1 on stug isnt that hard to begin with, ones you got it you just park it and use bike as a spotter.

Not to mention that MG on Stug is bugged, its shooting at like x2 range of the main gun, with vet1 ability.

Also just dont go for PGs, at least in team games, its basically x2 bers + 2x flamepios into mega fast med truck. If you play your cards right, UKF player wont really have much of breathing space early. After that you just rush T2. Even if he decides to go for early LV, you can always insta call panzerjaegers.

After you got T2 either go for 8rad+Marder or Stug+Marder, but against boys spammers its preferable to go for Stug. Just remember to get HP upgrade for your armor, it makes boys much less potent. From my experience, the only somewhat good counter for DAK as UKF is early well microwed Vekers. So ideally your set up would be like double graded bers, double flame pios, med track, MG (optionally), 1 marder, 1 stug. After that its up to you what to get. But again, HP and Ammunition upgrades are the must.

If at late game blobs become unbearable, just unlock pact of steel, and get stukas for 50 fuel.

Point being, DAK can fight really hard and there is nothing really you cant find an answer to. I would be more concerned about Wehr, since they are truly garbage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment