Login

russian armor

Whizzbang

6 Mar 2023, 08:48 AM

What is the point of this unit? It is probably hands down the worst unit in the game considering the cost. It has no range, horrendously long reload, barely vets, costs a fuckton of resources and does barely any damage. Shooting into a blob of 4 units will maybe net you one or two kills before he gently strolls out of the area of (non-)effect.

Why?
6 Mar 2023, 15:35 PM

What is the point of this unit? It is probably hands down the worst unit in the game considering the cost. It has no range, horrendously long reload, barely vets, costs a fuckton of resources and does barely any damage. Shooting into a blob of 4 units will maybe net you one or two kills before he gently strolls out of the area of (non-)effect.

Why?

Look man. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But “rocket” arty is a thing of the past man. Yes the whizzbang does have the same range as a flak 88? So what? Smoke and flank am I right? Yes the whizzbang doesn’t really wipe any units or punish blobs. But look man, TTK is higher for a reason in this game. It promotes tactical, engaging gameplay. Let me explain. You see a lot of blobbing / you think……..hmmmmm whizzbang should punish this / you wait all game to get the whizzbang / you bait the blob and barrage it / it does nothing and you eventually lose. Key takeaways from that. It wouldn’t be fair to the opponent if you punished him for using tactical columns (aka blobs). He should have an opportunity to react to the “rocket arty” or not react and still not lose any squads. Its like COH1 man, cmon everyone loves that game. Its like when the brits got released for it and that gameplay is now the gameplay for everything. On a more serious note. I would recommend not playing allies for the foreseeable future unless you enjoy losing to people you would normally beat in a balanced game. GLHF!!
6 Mar 2023, 16:34 PM

Look man. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But “rocket” arty is a thing of the past man. Yes the whizzbang does have the same range as a flak 88? So what? Smoke and flank am I right? Yes the whizzbang doesn’t really wipe any units or punish blobs. But look man, TTK is higher for a reason in this game. It promotes tactical, engaging gameplay. Let me explain. You see a lot of blobbing / you think……..hmmmmm whizzbang should punish this / you wait all game to get the whizzbang / you bait the blob and barrage it / it does nothing and you eventually lose. Key takeaways from that. It wouldn’t be fair to the opponent if you punished him for using tactical columns (aka blobs). He should have an opportunity to react to the “rocket arty” or not react and still not lose any squads. Its like COH1 man, cmon everyone loves that game. Its like when the brits got released for it and that gameplay is now the gameplay for everything. On a more serious note. I would recommend not playing allies for the foreseeable future unless you enjoy losing to people you would normally beat in a balanced game. GLHF!!
|
Still, it is 100 fuel unit. Why it has shorter range than 88mm ?. Yes, USF had no Arty. which unit take that role in USF ?.
We all know Rocket arty is the past, Still Whizzbang need better range or as least cheaper price unless it can fire MAIN GUN.
6 Mar 2023, 19:10 PM

He was sarcastic
6 Mar 2023, 19:48 PM

|
Still, it is 100 fuel unit. Why it has shorter range than 88mm ?. Yes, USF had no Arty. which unit take that role in USF ?.
We all know Rocket arty is the past, Still Whizzbang need better range or as least cheaper price unless it can fire MAIN GUN.

The USF has the M1 105mm howitzer emplacement in it's files so they technically do have other types of artillery as well.

It's just not implemented in the live game, yet. However it is available through mods if you feel like trying it out.
6 Mar 2023, 22:10 PM

Recent hotfix:

"Fixed a bug where Sherman Whizbang area of effect could miss targets"

Maybe lackluster whizbang performance was the result of a bug? Can't test rn though.
7 Mar 2023, 01:49 AM

It looks like they fixed it!
7 Mar 2023, 02:55 AM

Sort of disapointed not to see a range increase but, perhaps I'll try it out.
7 Mar 2023, 07:11 AM

I still don't understand why you would build this unit other than to counter turtling with team weapons (which it can't because it literally has to go in at range to fire). Much better off just making another normal sherman at the moment for cheaper price.
7 Mar 2023, 09:56 AM

Feels like they don't want another Calliope that sits in the back and comfortable denies a whole area or being able to wipe too many squads. So now, the unit is supposed to be a high risk (due to lack of range), high reward unit. I guess time will tell if the patch actually worked and increased the reward aspect of it. Because that was certainly where this would fall short in the past. I mean it is still super risky to use when enemy Jägers can just walk like a meter forward and shoot it with Schrecks, but yeah...
7 Mar 2023, 19:47 PM

I still don't understand why you would build this unit other than to counter turtling with team weapons (which it can't because it literally has to go in at range to fire). Much better off just making another normal sherman at the moment for cheaper price.

OR!

1. Fire a couple of Barrages and get Vet 1.
2. Turn it into a normal Sherman
3. ???
4. Profit!

In all seriousness, does anybody know offhand if the "Improvised Armor" from Mech Support Center applies to Whizbang? At least that would be one way to make it slightly more user friendly.

Honestly, they should have made one of the Vet 1 options be a "Area Saturation" barrage that gives it more range but higher scatter - think Land Mattress.

The buffs do look promising though~
7 Mar 2023, 22:06 PM

does anybody know offhand if the "Improvised Armor" from Mech Support Center applies to Whizbang?

They do not. Just checked.

Which I don't consider surprising because it doesn't even apply to freshly built Sherman 76es.
7 Mar 2023, 22:21 PM

I haven't been able to discern any difference between the default barrage and the Precision Sweep. Am I missing something?
7 Mar 2023, 23:44 PM
Donator 11

People can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not when you are ranting either on stream or in forums, unless they know you for a while.

But yes Whizzbang is still trash after patch
8 Mar 2023, 01:11 AM

People can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not when you are ranting either on stream or in forums, unless they know you for a while.

But yes Whizzbang is still trash after patch

I honestly can’t tell if half the peoples posts on here are trolling or not so I’d say it’s even.
8 Mar 2023, 21:57 PM

They do not. Just checked.

Which I don't consider surprising because it doesn't even apply to freshly built Sherman 76es.

Which is probably a god-send considering how strong 76 spam is even without upgraded armor. I don't know if I feel brave enough to play Axis if they ever fix that bug without nerfing 76 spam somehow lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★