Login

russian armor

Balance thoughts?

PAGES (7)down
26 Feb 2023, 21:42 PM

MORE SPAM NADE of brit and usa air troop

seriously the nade wich is like the gren nade of coh 2 is OP AS HELL

and of course, cheater use op things only ....
26 Feb 2023, 23:01 PM

Yep. Seems OST meta is dropping fallspios onto the VPs and draining you before you even have a chance to contest it. The only response is US MG squad paradrop, but if there's no house next to the VP, you'll be flanked. GGEZ.

Yeah the fast tick rate + immediate paradropped troops is not a good mix.

Although my main grip is the flak 88. Absolutely decimates planes and rotates fast enough that a crusader tank was unable to outmanoeuvre its turn speed.

27 Feb 2023, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2023, 09:13 AMKatitof

You don't need to wait 6 months for meta to stabilize to realize long range, fast vehicle is a counter to short range infantry spam with no AT or AT nades.

And why wouldn't you be able to build an at-gun lmao?
27 Feb 2023, 08:22 AM

Unbalanced game, Axis is way too powerful and can overrun any kind of allied especially US unit.
US Mgs getting one shotted in direct confrontation by the Axis.
Doctrines of US is pretty weak , missing a real tank doc with pershing.

Overall very unbalanced if same level skill players play each other.
27 Feb 2023, 08:44 AM

Unbalanced game, Axis is way too powerful and can overrun any kind of allied especially US unit.
US Mgs getting one shotted in direct confrontation by the Axis.
Doctrines of US is pretty weak , missing a real tank doc with pershing.

Overall very unbalanced if same level skill players play each other.

Pershing. In North Africa/Italy. Okay. Why not give them an Abrams?
27 Feb 2023, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2023, 08:44 AMGarrett

My fault, at least something powerful like a Pershing
27 Feb 2023, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2023, 08:18 AMGarrett

And why wouldn't you be able to build an at-gun lmao?

Keep moving that goalpost and we'll see black prince behind that RE spam in a few posts.
DAK can pump LVs very fast, that early game is when that RE spam hurts, if you're late enough to have ATGs on field, you're late enough to counter them as well.

BOYS sections are much scarier as they shut DAK completely.
27 Feb 2023, 08:57 AM

The blob of allies is insane. Give a Bar to gren, something for counter the Bar. And the nade long range make to much damage.

Give to us the Tiger for 900 manpower 0 fuel for africaKorps
28 Feb 2023, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2023, 08:50 AMKatitof

Keep moving that goalpost and we'll see black prince behind that RE spam in a few posts.
DAK can pump LVs very fast, that early game is when that RE spam hurts, if you're late enough to have ATGs on field, you're late enough to counter them as well.

BOYS sections are much scarier as they shut DAK completely.

The early HTs do not have enough fire power to really be a threat to sapper spam though, enemies tried it and it didn't work. Let the HT come close and see how well it does...
28 Feb 2023, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2023, 13:32 PMGarrett

Let the HT come close and see how well it does...

That's the thing. You don't have to come close.
28 Feb 2023, 14:13 PM

That's the thing. You don't have to come close.

But it doesn't do that much damage anyways lmao. Just have one section with AT and you are totally good... everything else melts in cqc
28 Feb 2023, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2023, 08:44 AMGarrett

Where were you for coh2? Pershing was driving around on the eastern front side by side with early war soviets...
28 Feb 2023, 14:58 PM

Where were you for coh2? Pershing was driving around on the eastern front side by side with early war soviets...

To be fair, Pershing shouldn't have been in COH2 anyway. It mainly caused tremendous problems trying to balance it with USF's early-mid-game advantages. It was only in there because so many ppl complained for it to be added.
28 Feb 2023, 16:52 PM

To be fair, Pershing shouldn't have been in COH2 anyway. It mainly caused tremendous problems trying to balance it with USF's early-mid-game advantages. It was only in there because so many ppl complained for it to be added.

Couldn't agree more about pershing in coh2. But his point wasn't about balance it was about history

The Pershing isn't even close to the only example of coh2 taking liberties with history
28 Feb 2023, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2023, 14:13 PMGarrett

But it doesn't do that much damage anyways lmao. Just have one section with AT and you are totally good... everything else melts in cqc

Doesn't matter. DAK's roster is long range oriented. You walk forward with infantry? 250 just backs up and panzergrens with LMG focus fire you. We already learned this lesson from CoH 2, in 4v4 (I'm never talking about anything less than a 4v4), the long range units spank close to medium range units besides some outlier circumstances.

The only mainline infantry squad DAK gets that can't repair their tanks are assault grens. DAK is bleed city unless you spam brits AT rifles (which is why people do that, despite the fact they wanna argue about it).

Hell, if you're trying to play like someone with a brain and DON'T blob brits AT, they can just use the 250 to draw some fire while your sections get sniped by panzergren lmgs, then simply back it up before it dies, finish you off, then repair and do it all over again.
28 Feb 2023, 17:04 PM

double post pls delet
28 Feb 2023, 17:20 PM

I mean really, if I told you I had a new idea for a faction in coh2; it's germany with 5 man mainline infantry that can not only upgrade with LMGs, but can repair their tanks, snare, throw grenades, and get panzergrenadier bonus when next to vehicles at vet zero, and I put both a kubelwagen and a 250 halftrack in their T0 building for zero fuel, in addition to their mainline infantry, and an engineer squad that can upgrade with a flamer, would you or would you not call me a fucking idiot. Just be honest with me.
28 Feb 2023, 17:29 PM

That's like, every "OP" thing I've heard of from CoH1 and 2 wrapped up all in one. Panzer Elite mainlines were OP because they could repair their tanks, high model infantry squads with LMG are op because they retain DPS to well, M3A1 scout car is OP with a flamer engineer inside it because it's a wipemobile and it destroyed axis factions, kubelwagen spam is OP because it bleeds factions that don't have a good answer for it early game.

And look, the only reason it isn't OP is because brit AT rifle blob fucking annihilates DAK utterly. But god forbid you play US lmao.
28 Feb 2023, 18:11 PM

I don't know if this has always been a thing, or just something that's been added recently, but the american M18 AA halftrack shoots down the AT loiter planes nearly instantly, even with a single vet zero halftrack.

Glad I'm not crazy. I played a 1v1 where my opponent rushed one out and it instantly shot down any paradrops I tried that weren't in my base - pretty sure he just had it parked right outside his base but the combination of range and firepower meant it covered basically the entire 1v1 sized map. The fact that you can lose paradropped squads that way is interesting but it didn't feel very fair being on the other end of it haha

+1 to the change to damage only decrewing emplacements is a terrible change from COH2. Combined with auto-reinforce HTs it's just a different flavor of toxic sim city. Even if it just did minor weapon damage then at least you'd be able to slowly wear down campers but right now it's maddening to build the direct counter to something and feel like you're literally making 0 progress.

That's the only two egregious things that I've noticed so far anything else is probably too soon to really comment on. (1v1 perspective)
28 Feb 2023, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2023, 13:32 PMGarrett

The early HTs do not have enough fire power to really be a threat to sapper spam though, enemies tried it and it didn't work. Let the HT come close and see how well it does...

Put pio inside of them and give it a flamer, then do what soviets did in CoH2 for 7 years.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 21
unknown 16
Germany 728
New Zealand 13
United States 4
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #