Login

russian armor

T-34 and Rocket Launchers.

22 Jan 2023, 12:28 PM

And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too, If It Weren't For You Meddling Russians building 2 t34s and two rocket launchers. Playing as the okw i have noticed, if you allow the Russians to get this far in the game it becomes extremely problematic. I lost the last game doing a 2 tank Panzer dive in an attempt to destroy the launchers . Of course it was a fudging mistake, because i was welcomed with a 76 and 2 tank destroyers. I went limping back to the base and proceeded to watch my 5 rank crews get systematically annihilated by the rocket launchers and two 5 man mortar teams. Any advise on how to handle such a conundrum .It seems to be a common build with the Russians.
On another note
I find that the okw has really no good recon, i figured out the Panzerfüsilier can rip a flare into the air after they rank up, but is this the only way to do safe recon? I think for me as a player the search light truck would not be suitable for me. Also what do they have for anti air other than the flack ? Also when you want to reach out and touch someone the okw has the 7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun and Stuka and that's it correct? Keep in mind im a new player just looking for advice.

Sorry for the semi long read and ty if you made it this far
22 Jan 2023, 14:13 PM

And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too, If It Weren't For You Meddling Russians building 2 t34s and two rocket launchers. Playing as the okw i have noticed, if you allow the Russians to get this far in the game it becomes extremely problematic. I lost the last game doing a 2 tank Panzer dive in an attempt to destroy the launchers . Of course it was a fudging mistake, because i was welcomed with a 76 and 2 tank destroyers. I went limping back to the base and proceeded to watch my 5 rank crews get systematically annihilated by the rocket launchers and two 5 man mortar teams. Any advise on how to handle such a conundrum .It seems to be a common build with the Russians.
On another note
I find that the okw has really no good recon, i figured out the Panzerfüsilier can rip a flare into the air after they rank up, but is this the only way to do safe recon? I think for me as a player the search light truck would not be suitable for me. Also what do they have for anti air other than the flack ? Also when you want to reach out and touch someone the okw has the 7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun and Stuka and that's it correct? Keep in mind im a new player just looking for advice.

Post a replay
22 Jan 2023, 15:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not sure which mode you're talking about, but it sounds like JP4s would have been a good answer on most maps. They destroy both SU85s and T34s without problems. Stuka would likely help too, depending on how good your enemy micros the units. If they hit a Katyusha, it's gone.
22 Jan 2023, 17:53 PM

Kubel has the same sight range as a pathfinder (50) but needs a lot of attention and micro. (Doctrinal) JLI also have 50 sight range and camo in cover.

As for AA, your only option (other than flak HQ and flak HT) is the doctrinal 20mm flak emplacement. Tbh, the flak HT alone is enough to clear the skies of any real problems and gains vet doing so.

For reaching out, stuka is great but (doctrinal) LeFH has further range and arguably more firepower but spread out over many shots. Think of it like a bigger (fixed) and much meaner LeIG minus smoke.
22 Jan 2023, 20:15 PM

Kubel has the same sight range as a pathfinder (50) but needs a lot of attention and micro.

My mousepad is always covered in sweat from the insane micro required to park a vet 1 kubel behind a shotblocker and get permanent 70 meter maphacks
22 Jan 2023, 20:41 PM

My mousepad is always covered in sweat from the insane micro required to park a vet 1 kubel behind a shotblocker and get permanent 70 meter maphacks

Meanwhile in vet V kubel...and gets focus fired over a KT. Maphack is fantastic but I still need sight on targets for light arty to really hurt.

At least complain about JLI or something ;)
23 Jan 2023, 09:23 AM

if you want sight badly, you should try to get the infared half track, it has a call in recon plane.
24 Jan 2023, 14:42 PM

Kubel has the same sight range as a pathfinder (50) but needs a lot of attention and micro. (Doctrinal) JLI also have 50 sight range and camo in cover.

As for AA, your only option (other than flak HQ and flak HT) is the doctrinal 20mm flak emplacement. Tbh, the flak HT alone is enough to clear the skies of any real problems and gains vet doing so.

For reaching out, stuka is great but (doctrinal) LeFH has further range and arguably more firepower but spread out over many shots. Think of it like a bigger (fixed) and much meaner LeIG minus smoke.

...the most famous okw micro skill-based unit, the KUBEL....
29 Jan 2023, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2023, 14:42 PMKatukov

...the most famous okw micro skill-based unit, the KUBEL....

Have you actually used one against a good opponent?

We're still waiting on the replay from the OP as well.
2 Feb 2023, 04:46 AM

Have you actually used one against a good opponent?

using kubels really isn't rocket science, playing it safe is easy and it costs 200mp so a loss doesnt hurt

if the enemy has a m3a1 its a very reliable loss tho lmao
2 Feb 2023, 07:53 AM

using kubels really isn't rocket science, playing it safe is easy and it costs 200mp so a loss doesnt hurt

I still think it's funny how M3A1 dies to a single mine while kubel survives
2 Feb 2023, 18:49 PM

I still think it's funny how M3A1 dies to a single mine while kubel survives

The M3A1 got a durability pseudo-buff sometime ago, so survives the Schu-42. Much to my annoyance when I bait ppl over them. Only the UC is one-shotted by aforementioned mine.

Your kubel is your recon, your anti-inf support/harassment, your anti-sniper, detection, far-off cap unit and so on. Believe me, as a vet V kubel user, it hurts to lose it. Getting a replacement kubel is an unthinkably bad move too.
2 Feb 2023, 19:44 PM

Your kubel is your recon, your anti-inf support/harassment, your anti-sniper, detection, far-off cap unit and so on. Believe me, as a vet V kubel user, it hurts to lose it. Getting a replacement kubel is an unthinkably bad move too.

"as a vet 5 kubel user" it isn't hard to vet up the kubel bro...

unless the enemy goes for UC/M3A1, -> get vet 1 effortlessly and park it into safety the second it isn't safe for the kubel anymore. Its a good vehicle, it will have paid for itself quite commonly by the time you lose it
3 Feb 2023, 09:39 AM

"as a vet 5 kubel user" it isn't hard to vet up the kubel bro...

unless the enemy goes for UC/M3A1, -> get vet 1 effortlessly and park it into safety the second it isn't safe for the kubel anymore. Its a good vehicle, it will have paid for itself quite commonly by the time you lose it

No Katukov, it's a super light vehicle and its vulnerable in all the same ways as all the other super light vehicles in the game. Losing one hurts and trying to replace it at any other point except right at the start of the game is usually a pretty bad idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★