Login

russian armor

Biggest Balance Issues so far.

15 Jan 2023, 00:25 AM

#1.) Halftrack auto-reinforce.
Either make it so that the halftrack can't reinforce units when in combat or make it so that the halftrack can't auto reinforce. Preference goes toward the former.
#2.) DAK Anti Tank Loiter
Really good and TBH one of DAK's three tools for doing real damage against the Black prince and allied tank blobs. For 225 muni, I think it's probably performing for its cost, however for a loiter the planes come out almost instantly after the red flares. It's a bit much.
#3.) Towing heavy emplacements.
I like the idea of having a mobile defense, however it's just too good. Flak keeps the tanks away and if infantry gets too close halftracks can pick up the flak and run with it.

Also, the halftrack that comes with the flak gets the "recrew abandoned teamweapon" ability, which means if you sonehow kill the flak's crew with infantry, DAK can recrew easy and tow it and you just did nothing.

Either make the flak + HT a battlegroup with serious cooldown like the others or make it so you only get the flak and have to buy the HT seperately
16 Jan 2023, 11:55 AM

My 2 cents from playing some 4v4s as Brits:
  • Forward Reinforcing
    Reinforce trucks and bunkers are too cost effective and pretty much mandatory.
  • Team Weapons/Emplacements
    Team weapons currently don't receive damage when they're crewed (seems like an oversight). Coupled with forward reinforcement leads to sim city cancer.

• Flak 88 - I got a Flak 88 in a test game. Vetted and coupled with the 8 rad command bonus it fired like once every 2 seconds.
    • Flak 38? (the smaller emplacement) - Probably a bug but seemed like it had the same range as the Flak 88.
    • Concrete Bunkers - Should probably be doctrinal/not as cheap/easier to destroy.

• Offmap Abilities
    Further balancing needed. :)
  • Italian Infantry
    Guastatori are too strong. Not sure about Bersaglieri.
  • Fallschirmpioneers
    Too good. Rarely saw fallschirmjaegers, mostly just lots of fallschirmpioneers.
16 Jan 2023, 13:20 PM

Honestly you guys may be right on some points but, in my opinion it's just way, way too early to start talking about balance.

Let's not make this like the CoH2 forum where 95% of threads were complaints in the balance section, and only 5% of threads were questions in the strategy section, actually talking about how to develop counter-plays...

At least wait for the game to be released :D and give it a few weeks for people to figure out all the mechanics...
16 Jan 2023, 14:18 PM

#2.) DAK Anti Tank Loiter
Really good and TBH one of DAK's three tools for doing real damage against the Black prince and allied tank blobs. For 225 muni, I think it's probably performing for its cost, however for a loiter the planes come out almost instantly after the red flares. It's a bit much.

Bruh the first time I used the stuka loiter, it wiped 4 inf squads and destroyed 2 tanks in the ENEMY BASE. The other day I immediately moved out of the circle and still lost 3 shermans who were all above 75% HP.
All the loiters are completely broken overpowered at the moment.

16 Jan 2023, 14:50 PM

Bruh the first time I used the stuka loiter, it wiped 4 inf squads and destroyed 2 tanks in the ENEMY BASE. The other day I immediately moved out of the circle and still lost 3 shermans who were all above 75% HP.
All the loiters are completely broken overpowered at the moment.

They might change this (or rather have to), but how do they allow this to happen again and again? Why does Lelic insist to make stuff that the community complains even stronger in the sequels? Like the mortar pit in CoH2 when Brits came out...
16 Jan 2023, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2023, 13:20 PMEuan
Honestly you guys may be right on some points but, in my opinion it's just way, way too early to start talking about balance.

Let's not make this like the CoH2 forum where 95% of threads were complaints in the balance section, and only 5% of threads were questions in the strategy section, actually talking about how to develop counter-plays...

At least wait for the game to be released :D and give it a few weeks for people to figure out all the mechanics...

Yeah you have a point. Tbh the tracks are pretty easily countered with AT and arty. It is probably too soon to say for certain.
16 Jan 2023, 23:10 PM

Yeah you have a point. Tbh the tracks are pretty easily countered with AT and arty. It is probably too soon to say for certain.

Holy shit dude, this is CoH2.org, I don't think we're ever supposed to agree on anything :p

But yeah I lost a Tiger to an AT strafe even though I reversed instantly. For a minute I was like, WTF this is stupid OP and should be removed. Then I realised I should have just reversed to the side, instead I reversed backwards with the strafe so caught all of the bullets... so was actually my fault B-)

I'm fine with offmap abilities coming faster and always having at least some impact, to be honest it gets kinda boring when any top-500 player can easily dodge every ability like in CoH2. I'm fine with a situation where dodging saves your squad but you still take one or two casualties.
19 Jan 2023, 13:43 PM

I just hope 3 doesn't go the route of 2 where they removed a lot of the fun mechanics and unique aspects of factions for the sake of competitive balance.
19 Jan 2023, 17:28 PM

The biggest issue is the TTK imo. Too forgiving of what is normally outright stupid moves such as sending a lone squad to a corner of the map alone
19 Jan 2023, 19:34 PM

1) I also found HT "blobs" rather effective and hard to dislodge. It's nice to see them more useful and less meme-y than COH2 but the auto re-enforce makes it kind of brain dead. Another option might be to go the COH2 route and make on-field reinforce longer time than base.
2) Brit Sea and Air Rocket Loiter is also pretty busted.

+1 to Notkdraz

- Bunkers and Emplacements are WAY too durable. They need to take more weapon damage when decrewed or take more indirect damage or something.
- Guastatori were also OP to me as well. Felt bulletproof and also spit out really good damage. I felt like Snipers or Tanks were mandatory against them.
- Bersaglieri - combat wise felt fine but the Perma-sprint from Vet 0 feels both silly and borderline abusive for flanking and capping.

To Me
Dingo felt very UP to me
USF Air Support Center felt REALLY overshadowed by Infantry/Mech
Tiger might be overtuned? I only used it once but when I did I soloed 3 Grant tanks frontally which felt kind of OP. (They should have flanked me so both a cool "Front/Side armor concept works!" moment but also made me kind of wary about it)

TTK could probably be nudged up a bit but I generally like the slower more tactical feel of COH3
20 Jan 2023, 00:22 AM

USF Air Support Center felt REALLY overshadowed by Infantry/Mech

I disagree. The call ins were very powerful, cheap, and came out quickly when you had fully upgraded them (the upgrades were actually quite a bit cheaper than the infantry/mech support center upgrades iirc.

I made a post elsewhere but the double P47 strafe for 40 muni (upgraded) basically instakills MGs if they don't immediately move, double P47 bombing run for 60 muni levels any house and destroys defensive positions.

Enemy can counter P47 bombing run with AA but the strafe is much harder and almost guarantees a decrew on any heavy teamweapon as long as it comes from the shortest distance.

It's definitely hard to beat the 76mm shermans, but with air support helping to dislodge enemy teamweapons and protect points, it's definitely not way overshadowed.
20 Jan 2023, 13:21 PM

I disagree. The call ins were very powerful, cheap, and came out quickly when you had fully upgraded them (the upgrades were actually quite a bit cheaper than the infantry/mech support center upgrades iirc.

I made a post elsewhere but the double P47 strafe for 40 muni (upgraded) basically instakills MGs if they don't immediately move, double P47 bombing run for 60 muni levels any house and destroys defensive positions.

Enemy can counter P47 bombing run with AA but the strafe is much harder and almost guarantees a decrew on any heavy teamweapon as long as it comes from the shortest distance.

It's definitely hard to beat the 76mm shermans, but with air support helping to dislodge enemy teamweapons and protect points, it's definitely not way overshadowed.

Agreed.
Air support once upgraded felt like you could really spam it.
You need that MG or garrison gone? You could get rid of it in seconds.

You don't feel that as other options provide straight stat buffs to your units, but air support offered flexibility and affordability.
20 Jan 2023, 15:03 PM

Agreed, all the centers felt useful and strong, though i think mechs may need a bit of tuning, iirc half the upgrades didnt feel all the useful aside from the armor upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 759
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L