Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
23 Aug 2022, 14:15 PM

3)By having to spend less time into testing, they can spend more into actually coding & developing the game

leaving this snip here for co(pe)medy factor
23 Aug 2022, 14:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7l0Rq9E8MY

I dare you to search videos on youtube about the performance of COH3 alpha and realize how mistaken you are and how sad it is to defend an anonymous corporation that does not treat a legendary franchise with the due respect it requires

also are we getting mappable hotkeys or is it too technically demanding:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
23 Aug 2022, 17:20 PM

I dare you to search videos on youtube about the performance of COH3 alpha and realize how mistaken you are and how sad it is to defend an anonymous corporation that does not treat a legendary franchise with the due respect it requires

also are we getting mappable hotkeys or is it too technically demanding:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't need to search. I played the SP alpha, performance was fine (90 fps) lol.

Also performance=/=engine. It's such a reach and you don't have any actual proof. (Which is why you have to resort to attacking me)

Calling out falsehoods is not me defending relic.
24 Aug 2022, 00:58 AM

COH3 uses the EXACT same engine COH1 USED.

This is correct.

When Relic was under THQ, THQ pushed for Company of Heroes to be the most technologically advanced engine ever. First game to use DirectX 10, SLI/Crossfire support, Best Audio etc

Relic came out with COH Online afterwards which was good but ended abruptly due to Brian Wood's passing. He was in charge of the project and all things COH related.

Relic went on to make Dawn of War 2 which was basically the first mod of Company of Heroes 1 while they figured out what they were going to do with COH without Brian Wood leading the team.

Right after that THQ went out of business forcing Relic to produce COH2 without a publisher. They did not have the funding needed to make a brand new engine and did what they did with Dawn of War 2, just mod COH 1.

Due to Eastern Front mod gaining popularity, Relic decided to shut down modding for COH2 after the first Alpha once people figured out that the game was a mod of COH 1 (Shock Troops for example had the COH1 Tooltips for Rangers in COH1) They did like 10 minutes of work to create snowstorms without actually optimizing it and released it as is and called it COH2.

COH2 was launched in an abysmal state. Literally hot flaming dog trash. Then they shut down COH 1 multiplayer servers to force the COH1 player base onto COH2 which is literally the only reason why people bought the game. They had no choice if they wanted to play anything COH related.

Took them at least 2 years before COH 2 was even a playable game which is right about the time OKW/USF were added to the game.

Relic continued their failure with Dawn of War 3, releasing a train mess of a game and ignoring all early feedback for the game.

Age of Empires 4 came out of nowhere and like Dawn of War 3 had very little player feedback about what they wanted with the game which is why AOE4 has less active players now than AOE2.

So throughout this entire time all of these games used the COH 1 engine. Now with COH 3 launching they are going to continue using the COH 1 engine. COH 3 is using 1 CPU core. They plan on using 3 additional cores for texture streaming (Due to the COH 1 engine reaching its limits with memory they have to do a bandaid essentially for the new textures to work)

The game is still fundamentally a 1 CORE game which is a huge failure on Relic's part when you have an Indie company make a game that can use up to 32 CPU cores and 64 gigs of RAM (Ashes of the Singularity).

So far COH 3 does not have mappable hotkeys (a challenge for Relic since its something that they can't mod from COH1 and requires someone with actual programming knowledge)

Literally zero upgrades to the game engine. I am sure COH 3 will have a decent campaign but outside of that you are literally paying for the same product from 2006. Except instead of a DLC (which is what COH3 should be) you are being charged a full price game.

24 Aug 2022, 10:05 AM

I don't need to search. I played the SP alpha, performance was fine (90 fps) lol.

Also performance=/=engine. It's such a reach and you don't have any actual proof. (Which is why you have to resort to attacking me)

Calling out falsehoods is not me defending relic.

Mate are you going to tell that sun does not exist just because you have to go against me?

COH3's engine IS COH1's engine with SOME light modifications and an upgrade to DirectX. The same thing that's happening with AOE4.

The most obvious? NOT mappable hotkeys. Do you know why is that? Because some genius at 2006 Relic decided hotkeys needed to be hardcoded in and nobody in all these years bothered to fix this.
24 Aug 2022, 10:10 AM

This is correct.

When Relic was under THQ, THQ pushed for Company of Heroes to be the most technologically advanced engine ever. First game to use DirectX 10, SLI/Crossfire support, Best Audio etc

Relic came out with COH Online afterwards which was good but ended abruptly due to Brian Wood's passing. He was in charge of the project and all things COH related.

Relic went on to make Dawn of War 2 which was basically the first mod of Company of Heroes 1 while they figured out what they were going to do with COH without Brian Wood leading the team.

Right after that THQ went out of business forcing Relic to produce COH2 without a publisher. They did not have the funding needed to make a brand new engine and did what they did with Dawn of War 2, just mod COH 1.

Due to Eastern Front mod gaining popularity, Relic decided to shut down modding for COH2 after the first Alpha once people figured out that the game was a mod of COH 1 (Shock Troops for example had the COH1 Tooltips for Rangers in COH1) They did like 10 minutes of work to create snowstorms without actually optimizing it and released it as is and called it COH2.

COH2 was launched in an abysmal state. Literally hot flaming dog trash. Then they shut down COH 1 multiplayer servers to force the COH1 player base onto COH2 which is literally the only reason why people bought the game. They had no choice if they wanted to play anything COH related.

Took them at least 2 years before COH 2 was even a playable game which is right about the time OKW/USF were added to the game.

Relic continued their failure with Dawn of War 3, releasing a train mess of a game and ignoring all early feedback for the game.

Age of Empires 4 came out of nowhere and like Dawn of War 3 had very little player feedback about what they wanted with the game which is why AOE4 has less active players now than AOE2.

So throughout this entire time all of these games used the COH 1 engine. Now with COH 3 launching they are going to continue using the COH 1 engine. COH 3 is using 1 CPU core. They plan on using 3 additional cores for texture streaming (Due to the COH 1 engine reaching its limits with memory they have to do a bandaid essentially for the new textures to work)

The game is still fundamentally a 1 CORE game which is a huge failure on Relic's part when you have an Indie company make a game that can use up to 32 CPU cores and 64 gigs of RAM (Ashes of the Singularity).

So far COH 3 does not have mappable hotkeys (a challenge for Relic since its something that they can't mod from COH1 and requires someone with actual programming knowledge)

Literally zero upgrades to the game engine. I am sure COH 3 will have a decent campaign but outside of that you are literally paying for the same product from 2006. Except instead of a DLC (which is what COH3 should be) you are being charged a full price game.

Maybe the only sane person in this thread
24 Aug 2022, 13:00 PM

Mate are you going to tell that sun does not exist just because you have to go against me?

COH3's engine IS COH1's engine with SOME light modifications and an upgrade to DirectX. The same thing that's happening with AOE4.

The most obvious? NOT mappable hotkeys. Do you know why is that? Because some genius at 2006 Relic decided hotkeys needed to be hardcoded in and nobody in all these years bothered to fix this.

This is a lot of words. But can you actually back this up with real proof?
24 Aug 2022, 15:32 PM

This is a lot of words. But can you actually back this up with real proof?

You keep asking, but YOU give none.

How can you prove that it's a new engine? Did you look at the tank clipping, did you look at the mortar smoke that's never on sync, the horrible performance with the release date just 3 months away?

Can you, for one, back up YOUR claims?
24 Aug 2022, 17:52 PM

You keep asking, but YOU give none.

How can you prove that it's a new engine? Did you look at the tank clipping, did you look at the mortar smoke that's never on sync, the horrible performance with the release date just 3 months away?

Can you, for one, back up YOUR claims?

Can you read? I never made any claims. Im questioning yours because they have no basis.

Either
A: Put up
Or
B: Shut up.

You keep like a child, spewing senseless BS without actual evidence. I already know you have no proof, you're throwing conjecture and guesswork randomly and grasping. Things like performance, lack of changeable hotkeys etc (which they've promised, might just not be yet implemented or whatever, if its not a thing by release then shame on them) are just things you claim to be the exact same engine, but none of these things actually prove that.

It be like me saying let's say... fallout 1-2 use the same engine as fallout new vegas because both have extreme stability issues.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong, any evidence, just a shred!
24 Aug 2022, 19:07 PM

I can settle all of this topic.

COH2 is complete trash. COH3 will also be complete trash.

Just had a game where my t34 missed every shot for 5 minutes....this game is a butt fisting joke.

Point blank range shot ... miss ... miss ... miss ... miss

What are you guys even talking about.

I flank an MG with penals in green cover. MG picks up and INSTA-SUPPRESSES the squad. Never loses a model or takes any damage.

25 Aug 2022, 06:49 AM

Coh2 went 64 bit recently. Suggests vulkan /dx12 potential.

But single threaded render pipeline suggests dx11, which is a legit fail if true.

Bigger concern for me is it suggests a lack of event driven architecture, which just makes everything from ai parsing to ui and unit commands sluggish, especially in MP online.

I'd love to see their online matchmaking architecture using microservices and events in the cloud, I'm not sure it does
25 Aug 2022, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2022, 19:07 PMRosbone

Just had a game where my t34 missed every shot for 5 minutes....this game is a butt fisting joke.

I flank an MG with penals in green cover. MG picks up and INSTA-SUPPRESSES the squad. Never loses a model or takes any damage.

Well, this should probably just go in the shoutbox, but i get it. Sometimes you just have to vent.
25 Aug 2022, 12:02 PM

Well, this should probably just go in the shoutbox, but i get it. Sometimes you just have to vent.

My point was:
- Coh2 net code is complete garbage, The worst of all time.
- Match making is worst of all time.
- Unit stats are next to meaningless because RNG/Server code decides all fights.

There is no reason to argue about COH3 being good or not. It will be complete shit just like Coh2. Another RNG scat party we are all invited to.

I equate Coh2/Coh3 to this classic game you played as a child.
25 Aug 2022, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2022, 12:02 PMRosbone

My point was:
- Coh2 net code is complete garbage, The worst of all time.
- Match making is worst of all time.
- Unit stats are next to meaningless because RNG/Server code decides all fights.

There is no reason to argue about COH3 being good or not. It will be complete shit just like Coh2. Another RNG scat party we are all invited to.

I equate Coh2/Coh3 to this classic game you played as a child.

I stand corrected.
25 Aug 2022, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2022, 19:07 PMRosbone

While in the one hand I can appreciate your map creations and Mako CELO contributions, the endless droning on about how shitty the game treats you (which is some serious tinfoil hat garbage) for years on end is pretty mindboggling.
25 Aug 2022, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2022, 17:14 PMKoRneY
While in the one hand I can appreciate your map creations and Mako CELO contributions, the endless droning on about how shitty the game treats you (which is some serious tinfoil hat garbage) for years on end is pretty mindboggling.

I appreciate your comment.

I don't complain about RNG. I complain about Relic not fixing the match making.

I bring up RNG when people are talking about small changes to unit stats etc. Because to me, these numbers are meaningless. All of my engagements are 100% random. Regardless of units involved.

I mention it in this thread because between units spotting each other, server lag, slow FPS PCs, and people playing on multiple continents the game is already an RNG shitfest. Then add on even more RNG with unit stats and it becomes a joke real fast.

I really saw this when writing my own game. I randomized when units shot so it sounded realistic, instead of a constant rhythm. That alone caused a ton of RNG. I did not even need to add more RNG to stats like Relic will.

In MY perfect world, for Coh3 Relic will:
- Reduce the RNG a little.
- Reduce indirect fire units drastically. Heavy autofire nerfs.
- Update the match making code.
- Get rid of homing rocket indirect.

I dont see any of this being done so my conclusion is Coh3 will suck. Just like COh2 does. It will still be the only great RTS. I just want it to be the perfect RTS it should be if Relic was not clueless.

They have hired some young guns from 1v1, 2v2. So I have hopes 1v1 will be okay. They need to hire someone like Sturmpanther/Aerafield/etc to get 3v3 and 4v4 fixed up. Those guys have been in talks for years with balance patches but Relic needs to heed their voices for Coh3. If those guys were getting paid, that would hopefully force Relic to listen.
26 Aug 2022, 00:25 AM

Can you read? I never made any claims. Im questioning yours because they have no basis.

Either
A: Put up
Or
B: Shut up.

You keep like a child, spewing senseless BS without actual evidence. I already know you have no proof, you're throwing conjecture and guesswork randomly and grasping. Things like performance, lack of changeable hotkeys etc (which they've promised, might just not be yet implemented or whatever, if its not a thing by release then shame on them) are just things you claim to be the exact same engine, but none of these things actually prove that.

It be like me saying let's say... fallout 1-2 use the same engine as fallout new vegas because both have extreme stability issues.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong, any evidence, just a shred!

Has relic or sega announced they are using a new engine?
26 Aug 2022, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 00:25 AMSocks

Has relic or sega announced they are using a new engine?

No idea, but I'm pretty confident they are not "Using the same engine as coh1 with some light modifications."
26 Aug 2022, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2022, 18:39 PMRosbone

They have hired some young guns from 1v1, 2v2. So I have hopes 1v1 will be okay.

Recovery vehicles and CoH2 release like flame weaponry say hello :snfPeter:

No idea, but I'm pretty confident they are not "Using the same engine as coh1 with some light modifications."

Either I am imagining things or Relic themselfs told in one of their latest videos, that they have multi-core support in the updated engine.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 5
United States 2
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L