Login

russian armor

Insane idea.

8 May 2022, 15:54 PM

Imagine, if you will, a world where the USF tech structure is as follows:

T0: RET, Mortar, Riflemen, Ambulance
T1: Lieutenant Unlock -> MG -(Sidetech Unlock)-> [Light tank I forgot the name of], M20 Scout Car
T2: Captain Unlock-> AT Gun -(Sidetech Unlock)-> AA Halftrack, Pack Howitzer
T4: Major (Unlocks for FREE if: Lieutenant + Cap is bought, Full T1 or Full T2) M8 Greyhound -(120 fuel Sidetech)-> Sherman, Jackson, Scott

For this USF, located only in the Twilight Zone, having both support weapons and a Light Vehicle is not an impossibility, but a certainty.

Edit: In the Twilight Zone, the number 3 doesn't exist. It's a Valve-themed alternate universe.
8 May 2022, 18:00 PM

Honestly something like this would be amazing.

For all their issues I enjoy playing USF but their teching system always feels so jarring and unnecessarily punishing if you want any unit diversity.
8 May 2022, 18:29 PM

Hmmmmmm
8 May 2022, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So what is the chance beside the greyhound? Did I miss something?
8 May 2022, 19:20 PM

So what is the chance beside the greyhound? Did I miss something?

earlier major...
8 May 2022, 21:39 PM

Hmmmmmm

Brain not work good
8 May 2022, 22:23 PM

Brain not work good

I'm wildly excited about what insane plot twist is in T3.
8 May 2022, 22:34 PM

I'm wildly excited about what insane plot twist is in T3.

Rangers that are actually worth 10 Pop.
8 May 2022, 23:32 PM

Could work,at least Grayhound as commander unit should unlock like this.
8 May 2022, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2022, 22:34 PMJilet

Give them 3 Bazookas and voilà, best AT infantry in the game
8 May 2022, 23:50 PM

Now THAT's insane
9 May 2022, 01:04 AM

Give them 3 Bazookas and voilà, best AT infantry in the game

Much rather have the paras with camo and mines and not dropping zooks like candy.
9 May 2022, 07:29 AM

I wonder how is it even gonna work. Ok let's imagine that old prices remained unchanged, USF can get full tier unlock and LV in first 5-6 mins, having access to major at this time is OP AF, almost all of his abilities should be gated behind T3 unlock, meaning that it will be a dead popcap weight in your army.

On top of that cost of LT+CPT should be equal to the cost of full T1/T2, other wise there will tech rushes.

If anything, USF could have had T1/T2 discount ones T3 is unlocked.
9 May 2022, 11:39 AM

In a faction where the mainline can only fight close range? Maybe if you make rangers stock long range elites like Obers.
9 May 2022, 11:51 AM

In a faction where the mainline can only fight close range? Maybe if you make rangers stock long range elites like Obers.

I mean, Rangers just overlap overlap overlap with Paras (which have much more utility and an extra man which is arguably better than the additional RA and come in with the Pathfinder commander).

For Rangers to be truly amazing, they should either have a smoke or be literally American version of Commandos or Stormtroopers honestly.
9 May 2022, 12:13 PM
Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2022, 11:51 AMJilet

I mean, Rangers just overlap overlap overlap with Paras (which have much more utility and an extra man which is arguably better than the additional RA and come in with the Pathfinder commander).

I'd say that's a problem of Paratroopers design, they have just so much stuff available to them. Elite Bazookas? Check. Mid-to-close range Thompsons? Check. Long range, fire on the move LMGs? Check. Solid grenade? Check.

Hard to make another squad that won't at least partially overlap with them. Cavalry Rifleman have their excellent AT Satchel, Assault Engineers have flamers, demo charges and other utility. Rangers have 3 weapon slots and amazing Received Accuracy, but the former makes them into weapon piñatas and latter loses its shine when high explosives start flying.
9 May 2022, 12:37 PM

Not to bash on your post, it looks clearly well-structured.

It's just that I think that sideteching in general does not comform to the standards of COH2. So making a ridiculous side teching faction even more side teching is a hard no from me.
9 May 2022, 12:52 PM

I wonder how is it even gonna work. Ok let's imagine that old prices remained unchanged, USF can get full tier unlock and LV in first 5-6 mins, having access to major at this time is OP AF, almost all of his abilities should be gated behind T3 unlock, meaning that it will be a dead popcap weight in your army.

Simple fix is just to break all the rules and let the tier unlock without providing the major unit and make him the 120 fuel sidetech. This is the Twilight Zone after all.

On top of that cost of LT+CPT should be equal to the cost of full T1/T2, other wise there will tech rushes.

But you can tech major after getting LT+Cap anyways. Nothing's changed about timing except you can get an LV.

In the Twilight Zone, said M8 would likely cost a bit more in fuel, and have a bit less reliable main gun. Clearly something you would prefer to have the Stuart over.

The M8 as it is now has a worse gun than the Stuart but can still reliably pen any LV at long range (save for the luchs). It would have to have been nerfed a little.

If anything, USF could have had T1/T2 discount ones T3 is unlocked.

Maybe in the next episode...
9 May 2022, 12:54 PM

Not to bash on your post, it looks clearly well-structured.

It's just that I think that sideteching in general does not comform to the standards of COH2. So making a ridiculous side teching faction even more side teching is a hard no from me.

It's the exact same amount of sideteching, just you can buy a greyhound from T3 if you meet the requirements to tech T3.
9 May 2022, 13:18 PM

This is the Twilight Zone after all.

The real twilight zone would be, giving USF long range 0CP inf call-in, balancing scott to be an early indirect LV similar to StuGE, balancing pak howi into a somewhat late game indirect unit and bundling nades with weapon raks unlock :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★