Login

russian armor

Royal engineer Recovery Squad

PAGES (10)down
3 May 2022, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2022, 14:10 PMVipper

PLS stop trying to derail this thread with your word games.

I have not posted a single post saying that this tactic is "game breaking".

Thanks.

so we can agree that Uc + Rro.e is not broken and there for not an issue ?

Or you are going to explain why a unit combination can be not broken/game breaking but at the same time still an issue that need to "be looked".
3 May 2022, 15:26 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2022, 14:10 PMVipper

PLS stop trying to derail this thread with your word games.

I have not posted a single post saying that this tactic is "game breaking".

Thanks.

I don't think anyone here is really trying to de-rail your thread. I think many people here just simply disagree with the view that its an issue, myself included.
3 May 2022, 16:19 PM

Only in COH2.org can we make a 9-page conversation about a faction that hard losses to almost everybody.
3 May 2022, 17:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2022, 10:59 AMVipper

We can debate if the player are good or not but the real question is there anything they could had done better to counter the concentration of UKF units that early in the game.

Yes, use your teammate and blob up firepower like in the lienne photo and win, or hold back for 30 seconds and wait for your next squad to come up. This strategy dumps all UKFs manpower immediately into royals which are mediocre on the close without the UC. UCs can't drive up to blobs or they'll get fausted past the 4-5 minute mark. 1-2 minute mark if there's an OST player/fusi's. At best the UKF player will have another squad in 2 minutes after accumlating 270ish manpower, build time, and then the walk to the front. That's plenty of time to make a play no matter if you're waiting for your 3rd squad at the start of it.
3 May 2022, 21:27 PM

I don't think anyone here is really trying to de-rail your thread. I think many people here just simply disagree with the view that its an issue, myself included.

Well he still doesn't even know what he wants, asking people to have the combo "looked", then when people don't agree with him it's apparently not enough.
MMX
4 May 2022, 06:06 AM

It's probably been said before already, but a video or replay showing this in action would certainly help.
4 May 2022, 10:24 AM

So the overwhelming consensus seems to be that the combination is not overpowered, with quite a lot of extra arguing over 'word games' and semantics.
4 May 2022, 13:32 PM

So the overwhelming consensus seems to be that the combination is not overpowered, with quite a lot of extra arguing over 'word games' and semantics.

Ofcourse it's not ffs.

If anything, COH2 is as close to "efficient" as possible, meaning there are no unknown or groundbreaking tactics that "break" the balance.

Sure, you can spam Paths here, and MAYBE in some maps get really good results with spamming PFussies. Same with here, MAYBE the UC + RERS + RERS combo can work in some circumstances. Is it balancebraking though? Absolutely not.

If it was, it would have been the norm years ago.

I hope someone can remember the true days of "broken" faction design, where OKW could have Luchs by 10 min mark, Clown-Snipers etc.
4 May 2022, 20:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I actually tried this strategy on ladder yesterday in 2s and it was actually pretty good. That being said, the space you gain isn't exactly game winning, and it locks in your doctrine. It's pretty similar to kubel pushing while sturms close. I don't think it's unbeatable, and comes with its downside of instantly selecting a commander.
4 May 2022, 20:59 PM

I actually tried this strategy on ladder yesterday in 2s and it was actually pretty good.

Finally someone who tried instead of theory crafting.

That being said, the space you gain isn't exactly game winning, and it locks in your doctrine. It's pretty similar to kubel pushing while sturms close. I don't think it's unbeatable, and comes with its downside of instantly selecting a commander.

That is less of an issue since in 3vs3 and 4vs4 since both rore commanders are are quite good for those modes.

It also be used with 4 different commanders (2 rore/SMG IS/ Raid section).

4 May 2022, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2022, 20:59 PMVipper

i have played this strategy a long while ago while playing UKF and several times at that, I probably have more experience on it than you do

sorry but even the person that "tried" has told you its not op, i think that basically means that you should finally shut the fuck up about it

christ
5 May 2022, 02:14 AM

I actually tried this strategy on ladder yesterday in 2s and it was actually pretty good. That being said, the space you gain isn't exactly game winning, and it locks in your doctrine. It's pretty similar to kubel pushing while sturms close. I don't think it's unbeatable, and comes with its downside of instantly selecting a commander.

> This is a mian point. Unlike Ass Tommy. RoRe Dont have good firepower, survival is fight in long term. Yet you had to pay more ammu, fuel (heavy sapper, extra bren gun) but still less power than Ass Tommy.
We can see Typcial Vipper and his acts. Try to pick people word sounds like support his idea and ignore a whole paragraph.

5 May 2022, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2022, 20:59 PMVipper

Yes, he tried the tactic, and came to the same conclusion with us, that what it gain is not anything game wining. And it also NOT unbeatable.
Of course, you ignore that part.
5 May 2022, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2022, 12:49 PMVipper

Actually I met 3 people using this tactic in the last 2 games I played:
https://www.coh2.org/file/20183/rore.jpg

Can you now stop claiming that I am imagining things?

hi :)
6 May 2022, 00:24 AM

It is a very strong opener, in my experience, particularly effective in tight areas like Redball's west hedges. I had to default to playing for time by giving up space, knowing this player was going hard to try and wipe a squad. Would have been over fast if he had wiped the SPs, which he nearly did.

That all said, I did get my revenge with a vet V kubel and ruthless harassment, so take of it what you will.
6 May 2022, 12:53 PM

Yes, he tried the tactic, and came to the same conclusion with us, that what it gain is not anything game wining. And it also NOT unbeatable.
Of course, you ignore that part.

i have played this strategy a long while ago while playing UKF and several times at that, I probably have more experience on it than you do

sorry but even the person that "tried" has told you its not op, i think that basically means that you should finally shut the fuck up about it

christ

Combo status: Looked
Thread status: Over
7 May 2022, 14:16 PM

Ostheer has faust/mg42 right outside gate
Okw has at gun/ fussiliers right out the gate

How can this be a problem?

If you get overwhelmed you just press retreat.

Also when they go lol royals, i just go mp40s and call it a day.

7 May 2022, 16:47 PM

Ostheer has faust/mg42 right outside gate

PLS read the thread before posting. There is not munition for faust at that time frame.

Okw has at gun/ fussiliers right out the gate

If one build raketenwerfer as his first unit he will probably lose else it not really relevant due to time frame.
NO munition for AT grenade either

How can this be a problem?

If you get overwhelmed you just press retreat.

If you one retreat and lose a key point in 4vs4 then one has to a long time to contest it again since he will probably need a leig and RW.

Also when they go lol royals, i just go mp40s and call it a day.

MP40 require full unlock truck and that irrelevant to time frame.
7 May 2022, 17:01 PM

Would have been over fast if he had wiped the SPs, which he nearly did.

How is it possible to (almost) lose a squad to this apart from slow reaction time? I'm genuinely curious. The sappers can't shoot out of the UC and an unupgraded UC is terrible at chasing squads.

And the sturms were alone at the fuel against a brit??
8 May 2022, 11:50 AM

How is it possible to (almost) lose a squad to this apart from slow reaction time? I'm genuinely curious. The sappers can't shoot out of the UC and an unupgraded UC is terrible at chasing squads.

And the sturms were alone at the fuel against a brit??

I don't remember all the details, a lot was going on and I didn't see this opener coming. I think there was a shootout with IS and then a hot drop on my SPs while I was distracted with that fight. Could be wrong, it's been a while.
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS