Login

russian armor

ISU-152 concrete piercing round

11 Dec 2021, 16:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

After the most recent patch this ability went from being unknown and broken to practically useless. It has a huge casting time of ~4 seconds(?) and costs 60 munitions for very little benefit. The highest benefit of the shell is it boosts the ISU's penetration to 300 at max range 1000 but hitting targets that are moving is practically impossible.

IMO this ability should be reworked, potentially like the JT APCBC shells where it's a timed ability to shoot through obstacles. An increase in penetration timed ability could also be considered.
11 Dec 2021, 16:55 PM

Do you want to induce more wrath from the wehraboos about ISU152 being too OP?
11 Dec 2021, 17:03 PM

Actually the changes where not a nerf but a buff...

ISU Piercing Shot cost from 70 to 60
ISU Piercing Shot penetration now set to 1000
Concrete Piercing AOE damage from 1/0.25/0.05 to 1/0.25/0.15
Conrete Piercing AOE distance from 1.25/2.75/4.5 to 0.25/1.5/6

Main thing reduce was kill radius

It can now be used vs both hard and soft targets.

As AT it is meant to be used vs JT/Ele
11 Dec 2021, 17:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2021, 17:03 PMVipper

If you knew how to use the old concrete round the new one pales in comparison, so no, it was a massive nerf. The ability serves almost no purpose, is too expensive, and the cast time is too long to be practical.

Please don't skew the perception of the ability by highlighting the increase in AoE distance max when the OHK radius dropped hilariously. Distance near at 1.25 went to 0.25...
11 Dec 2021, 18:10 PM

the ISU-152 is a good enough weapon of war without the ability, truth be told i never find a purpose or reason to use it when the tank alone has sufficient enough fighting power

miss the he range more than the ability though
11 Dec 2021, 18:13 PM

If you knew how to use the old concrete round the new one pales in comparison, so no, it was a massive nerf. The ability serves almost no purpose, is too expensive, and the cast time is too long to be practical.

Please don't skew the perception of the ability by highlighting the increase in AoE distance max when the OHK radius dropped hilariously. Distance near at 1.25 went to 0.25...

It got cheaper
It does 3 times more damage far
and far distance was increased by 33%

The distance 1.25 to 0.25 is not very relevant to kill radius because the kill radius used to be 2.68 not 1.25. What you want to look at is the mid that went from 2.75 to 1.5...so lets try avoid the "skew" remarks.

The ability can still be used to snipe ATGs and vehicles even FOW it simply less probable to get a one shot wipe on full health unit.
11 Dec 2021, 18:19 PM

ur not hitting an ele/jt with concrete piercing bro

you're better of nuking team weapons with HE, as with infantry
11 Dec 2021, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2021, 18:19 PMKatukov

ur not hitting an ele/jt with concrete piercing bro

you're better of nuking team weapons with HE, as with infantry

Maybe you are not hitting them because you are not using the ability but the question is why?
11 Dec 2021, 22:18 PM

This ability is really useful to take out weapon teams and bunkers. Since its super accurate and can go through walls. I wouldn't use it against tanks or anything moving.
12 Dec 2021, 04:37 AM

Orgin purpose of this shell is big "F*ck you" while ISU get a wrong shell type. Or you could use it as big money shot.
Sound good on paper but in reality it was a mess. Hard to hit moving target, even brouncing, pen heavy tank. Shoting defendsive position also miss, overshot too.
I guess because the mechanic of dual purpose shell and skill click abiity itself.
If it could change to vector ability like Tulip Rocket/HVAP M26. It could be fine. Let it hit, kill everything on it path.
12 Dec 2021, 10:39 AM

Orgin purpose of this shell is big "F*ck you" while ISU get a wrong shell type. Or you could use it as big money shot.
Sound good on paper but in reality it was a mess. Hard to hit moving target, even brouncing, pen heavy tank. Shoting defendsive position also miss, overshot too.
I guess because the mechanic of dual purpose shell and skill click abiity itself.
If it could change to vector ability like Tulip Rocket/HVAP M26. It could be fine. Let it hit, kill everything on it path.

The shot has very little to no scatter and will land where it aimed.

Changing it to vector ability would be a bad idea since the unit has no turret and has to rotate without adding much since it can still collide with target in its path.
12 Dec 2021, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The changes were a big nerf.
Previously, the large OHK radius gave it a unique role in killing team weapons with a profile different from the normal HE shell. Now you pay for increasing the the OHK radius by 0.35 meters.
The pen buff is also okay, but in that regard you're paying 60 munitions for doing 120 more damage (120 would be deflection damage anyway) and a better chance to hit. But the usefulness of this is very circumstantial at best.

The slight price buff was needed, but is in no relation to the nerfs this ability got.
12 Dec 2021, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2021, 10:39 AMVipper

The shot has very little to no scatter and will land where it aimed.

Changing it to vector ability would be a bad idea since the unit has no turret and has to rotate without adding much since it can still collide with target in its path.

I want you to look at this and tell me honestly if you still think it was a buff:

12 Dec 2021, 12:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmIAIzELB-M

Concrete Piercing AOE distance from 1.25/2.75/4.5 to 0.25/1.5/6

Its lethality against soft targets tanked hard down, it doesn't matter that it will throw dust on more soldiers, when it isn't going to kill anything unless its a direct hit on clumped up squad.

And its completely ineffective against anything mobile except engine damage ele/jt, which you do NOT want to fight with ISU anyway.
12 Dec 2021, 12:38 PM

I want you to look at this and tell me honestly if you still think it was a buff:

It is above 3 distance.
And the AOE change was not the only one ability also become cheaper and now has increased penetration.

The ability does massive damage to support weapon and will probably destroy the gun unless the weapon it self is not at full health.

The ability was a relic from when soviets has precision shot and the arty. Overall the change was good one.
12 Dec 2021, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2021, 12:38 PMVipper

It is above 3 distance.
And the AOE change was not the only one ability also become cheaper and now has increased penetration.

The ability was a relic from when soviets has precision shot and the arty. Overall the change was good one.

So you really think so smh. ISU could wipe Pak43 squad if you were lucky, now you can't do it.

Also the ability used to have 300 far pen... but I guess having an ability to wipe squads and team weapons is less important then having more chance to deal 240 damage to KT, Ele and JT :facepalm:
12 Dec 2021, 12:56 PM

So you really think so smh. ISU could wipe Pak43 squad if you were lucky, now you can't do it.

Also the ability used to have 300 far pen... but I guess having an ability to wipe squads and team weapons is less important then having more chance to deal 240 damage to KT, Ele and JT :facepalm:

honestly the ability would be real useful if it insta kills the pak-43 through walls, as the only place its being made on is behind buildings anyway
12 Dec 2021, 13:18 PM

Have you tried wiping with this ability a Pak43 crew or are just guessing?
Because I have wiped pek43 crews...

The ability now 1.000 penetration which higher than 300... :facepalm:

Now in your opinion did this ability become "practically useless" by the patch as claimed by op?
if yes explain why
if no pls stop quoting me just because you like to disagree with me

Do you even disagree with changes?
MMX
12 Dec 2021, 13:20 PM

Agree to the sentiment that this ability is a far cry from its former glory against team weapons. I guess the fact that it still has 70 range and nigh zero scatter makes it still somewhat useful, but other than that it is just a marginally better yet much more expensive HE shell. Yes the guaranteed pen is nice to have, especially if you can't or don't want to switch to AP for a quick anti-tank potshot, but other than this is just a highly situational ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment