Login

russian armor

Bofors are OP

25 Nov 2021, 17:13 PM

For the man power cost of an infantry section and the fuel cost of a halftrack you can completely lock down a section of the map 360 degrees for 5-10 minutes. It doesn't even matter if it gets destroyed you can just build another and the advantage it already gave in map control means you don't need to rebuild them anyway. And if you go advanced emplacements infantry section can build them and have them out really early on.
25 Nov 2021, 17:20 PM

Lost a game to a bofors spam deary? Oh, sad times honey. Yeah, bofors is OP. A static encampment is giving you troubles. Shame on it!
25 Nov 2021, 17:41 PM

Bofors are OP
if you are exceptionally bad and instead of reacting to it, you just stubbornly spam and throw grens/volks at it.
25 Nov 2021, 17:49 PM

What's with the snarky comments?
25 Nov 2021, 17:53 PM

Well, one of the reasons would be:

It was so weak, underused and impossible to incorporate into any viable strategy after years of being nerfed to no end to the point they have made it no longer mutually exclusive with AEC.

Its a meme unit that is effective exclusively against bad team game players whose strategies collapse the moment they face something that forces them to deviate from their original plan and adapt.
25 Nov 2021, 18:15 PM

mortar --> permanent pressure on bofors
at gun --> high pressure onto bofors, outranges it
flames --> counter all emplacements
25 Nov 2021, 18:16 PM

What's with the snarky comments?

It happens quite often if one dare to claim that anything allied is op...

As for bofors it got a buff buff when it pop went from 10 to 8 and then to 6!

In large modes where fuel access easier the pop is simply too low.
25 Nov 2021, 18:44 PM

For the man power cost of an infantry section and the fuel cost of a halftrack you can completely lock down a section of the map 360 degrees for 5-10 minutes. It doesn't even matter if it gets destroyed you can just build another and the advantage it already gave in map control means you don't need to rebuild them anyway. And if you go advanced emplacements infantry section can build them and have them out really early on.

I'll give you the same advice I give other people in this situation:

OKW -> Feuersturm -> ISG incendiary
OST -> 250/7 Self-Propelled Mortar doctrines -> Incendiary

Congratulations, the UKF player is now dead (or very far behind) and you have light arty that also completely melts any mortar pits. Now their only option for countering MGs are (muni) smoke and Sniper.

You do not mess around with them, you give them no room or mercy. Burn all their fixed stuff down.
25 Nov 2021, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2021, 18:16 PMVipper

If you also actualy claimed something axis is op you would know it goes both ways.
If you say anything axis is op or its not up and is fine will get you snarky comments as well....
Its not quite as one sided as you say.

Try getting the maxim buffed by the tinniest amount as an example. Grab some popcorn and watch the maxim ptsd kick in.

25 Nov 2021, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2021, 18:16 PMVipper

because you must be brain damaged to look at UKF and decide that the fucking bofors is the thing thats imbalanced in the faction, all you have to do is get 1 indirect or ATG and you insta win
Vaz
26 Nov 2021, 08:03 AM

I don't think I've had a single UKF partner that has done well with a bofors as the centerpiece of their strategy. I usually (as USF) will have to step in to protect them from their inadequacies. Which is what people have already mentioned. It usually forces me to make pak howitzers in order to return fire on at least 2 isg per okw player, or up to 4 mortars(yes one guy actually built 4 mortars).

The only time I see the bofors survive is when it's an actual good player that is putting pressure beyond the line of the bofors, so instead of the axis players being denied ground by the bofors, they are being hit by ground troops constantly and the bofors is behind the frontlines.

The bofors itself being on the frontline should not stop any axis players, just a potential slowdown if they don't normally make indirect weapons(which isn't common).
26 Nov 2021, 08:39 AM

If you also actualy claimed something axis is op you would know it goes both ways.
If you say anything axis is op or its not up and is fine will get you snarky comments as well....
Its not quite as one sided as you say.

Try getting the maxim buffed by the tinniest amount as an example. Grab some popcorn and watch the maxim ptsd kick in.

Only I have not said anything about it being one sided, so pls stick to what I have post instead of things I have not.

The thing I said was that he was getting snarky comment because he claimed something allied is op (something you seem to agree with) so maybe you should ask yourself why you felt the need to quote me and disagree with something I have not said.

But I would rather you stick to things that are relevant to bofors...

If in your opinion maxim needs a buff I suggest you start a thread about it about it instead of posting about it in thread about boffors.
26 Nov 2021, 09:12 AM

Bofor is OP ?. Right, until you know how to deal with it.
For example, Player C3 Tooth had spend thousands of match in COH2 but still dont know how to counter sim city properly.
Until me tell him to use flame barrage from ISG.
:D
26 Nov 2021, 09:56 AM

Hahaha
26 Nov 2021, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 09:12 AMtheekvn
Bofor is OP ?. Right, until you know how to deal with it.
For example, Player C3 Tooth had spend thousands of match in COH2 but still dont know how to counter sim city properly.
Until me tell him to use flame barrage from ISG.
:D

that picture of him spamming 5 stumpio with flamer is pain to watch.
26 Nov 2021, 13:57 PM

Yes they indeed are. They perform way better than they cost.

.... If opponent don't know how to counter them for sure.
Many people taught you how to counter it. Now go and use your brain.
26 Nov 2021, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 08:39 AMVipper

Only I have not said anything about it being one sided, so pls stick to what I have post instead of things I have not.

The thing I said was that he was getting snarky comment because he claimed something allied is op (something you seem to agree with) so maybe you should ask yourself why you felt the need to quote me and disagree with something I have not said.

But I would rather you stick to things that are relevant to bofors...

If in your opinion maxim needs a buff I suggest you start a thread about it about it instead of posting about it in thread about boffors.

Then just leave out "allied" from a simaler sentence next time. That helps not giving the idea that its one sided.
It just was strange to me when you mostly are about allied units being to strong or effecient and only sometimes about axis units. Thats why i responded.

I did not say the maxim is up. I said try get it buffed and watch the meltdown. So i wont start another thread just for mentioning it as an example to prove a point.

As for the bofors popcap. Its not to low. You still pay feul for a static unit. Also as well that mg bunkers cost no popcap and lock out an area just fine.
26 Nov 2021, 22:04 PM

OP in what way :new:
27 Nov 2021, 08:03 AM

Make 2x AT -> attack ground, reposition away when shelled by mortar or get "red smoke" from IS. If you 4v4ing get a 250 HT for OST and reinforce your AT guns. As OKW it is more tricky, but the premise is the same. Rax with vision from JLI or Sturm Offizier also hardcounter this. Flame is also very good vs it.

Also prepare for counter attack to bleed the enemy as much as possible.

I suggest your figure this out, so you won't create a thread once you face a properly place OKW Shwere.
27 Nov 2021, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 08:39 AMVipper

You didn't need to specifically state you were being one sided. You said it "happens when someone claims anything allied is op" - that singles it out enough already. If you were trying not to be one-sided, you would have just taken the word "allied" out of that sentence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★