Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger over nerfed

19 Mar 2022, 10:44 AM

It has a hp advantidge over the avre and a total damage advantidge wich lets it do a bit better vs vehicles but the avre is better vs inf with a bigger one hit kill radius. It has a speed advantidge as well i believe over the avre.

Any unit that can insta wipe squads consistently in one shot feels cheap. I get that it would be a lot easier to deal with in 1v1, but in teams games your units will always be closer (confined up in your sector of the map, no not blobbing). An AVRE screened by infantry is a great tool to break up your opponent's lines without firing before picking off a squad. To be honest I'd like to see the AVRE have the exact same stats as the Sturmtiger. People will defend it saying the fractions are nuanced and make up for it in another way. These are both meme vehicles and I wish their purpose would change entirely (Maybe lessen there damage/squad wiping potential in favour of more stun/suppression?)

Sorry for the bad grammar.

PS: Looks like there is never go to be another balance patch. No real point in hanging around. Just wanted to get it off my chest I guess. Take care!
19 Mar 2022, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2022, 10:44 AMSocks

Any unit that can insta wipe squads consistently in one shot feels cheap. I get that it would be a lot easier to deal with in 1v1, but in teams games your units will always be closer (confined up in your sector of the map, no not blobbing). An AVRE screened by infantry is a great tool to break up your opponent's lines without firing before picking off a squad. To be honest I'd like to see the AVRE have the exact same stats as the Sturmtiger. People will defend it saying the fractions are nuanced and make up for it in another way. These are both meme vehicles and I wish their purpose would change entirely (Maybe lessen there damage/squad wiping potential in favour of more stun/suppression?)

Sorry for the bad grammar.

PS: Looks like there is never go to be another balance patch. No real point in hanging around. Just wanted to get it off my chest I guess. Take care!

These vehicles overpunish a player's mistake, that is spamming inf blobs. That's the only reason people still talk about them to this day. One atg is enough to keep ST at bay, 2 are deadly.

After all we are talking about 180fu single shot casemates which most ppl skip P4J to get which is many times bad. Really a non issue to a player with half a brain. Not to mention that allies get 140fu tank rapists.

Balance teams must cope after all.
19 Mar 2022, 11:12 AM

These vehicles overpunish a player's mistake, that is spamming inf blobs. That's the only reason people still talk about them to this day. One atg is enough to keep ST at bay, 2 are deadly.

After all we are talking about 180fu single shot casemates which most ppl skip P4J to get which is many times bad. Really a non issue to a player with half a brain. Not to mention that allies get 140fu tank rapists.

Balance teams must cope after all.

the sturmtiger previously could shoot from the fog of war, this meant that advancing infantry of any type could be VERY easily wiped and destroyed, and all surrounding infantry got suppressed along.

what this meant is that whenever you advanced to attack the okw frontline, you could suddenly see the rocket flying right into your infantry formation, killing whatever it was aimed at without you ever being able to do anything about it.

the elite armor commander of the OKW was in the top 1/2 place of commander choice for all game modes in the game immediately upon the patch firing up.

But it must have been the bad allies players who lost their squads to out of sight one hit murder machines with 1500 HP (the highest in the game), l2p fault!!!!!11!1!!!!!
19 Mar 2022, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2022, 11:12 AMKatukov

But it must have been the bad allies players who lost their squads to out of sight one hit murder machines with 1500 HP (the highest in the game), l2p fault!!!!!11!1!!!!!

Absolutely.

The only trully OP thing in the Elite Armored commander that nobody talks about are the HEAT shells, which can 2 shot tank destroyers (if you put them on Tiger Ausf. B) coupled with the vision from the field commander on tanks. That's the OP stuff we could talk about (or not, I enjoy winning with them).

ST is a bad joke in 2022 patch terms, where Allies can field the best TDs for the price of a PzIV and have doctrinal OP options for sight (I&U Paths, Paths, LV supremacy etc). Not to mention crazy loiters which can literally target both inf and tanks. 100% non issue.
19 Mar 2022, 14:28 PM

Absolutely.

The only trully OP thing in the Elite Armored commander that nobody talks about are the HEAT shells, which can 2 shot tank destroyers (if you put them on Tiger Ausf. B) coupled with the vision from the field commander on tanks. That's the OP stuff we could talk about (or not, I enjoy winning with them).

ST is a bad joke in 2022 patch terms, where Allies can field the best TDs for the price of a PzIV and have doctrinal OP options for sight (I&U Paths, Paths, LV supremacy etc). Not to mention crazy loiters which can literally target both inf and tanks. 100% non issue.

you dont have a single idea what i am talking about, the pre nerf sturmtiger was basically game breaking for only 160 fuel cost

now its balanced, it is extremely tanky but not long range on top of it
19 Mar 2022, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2022, 14:28 PMKatukov

you dont have a single idea what i am talking about, the pre nerf sturmtiger was basically game breaking for only 160 fuel cost

now its balanced, it is extremely tanky but not long range on top of it

Its balanced, cause its worthless now. The whole fucking design is dumb. One shoting units without much counterplay in a game where veterancy on units matters is game breaking. The unit does either whats its supposed to do and is therefore broken like last patch, or it cant do that and therefore is useless like in the currrent patch. Its fine now, cause noone needs this unit, but it should work like a slightly bigger brummbär. Very effective vs infantry, but not oneshoting inf our of fog.
19 Mar 2022, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2022, 15:46 PMGeblobt
Its balanced, cause its worthless now.

?

The whole fucking design is dumb. One shoting units without much counterplay in a game where veterancy on units matters is game breaking.

So is the ability to one shot units "game breaking" or "worthless" then?

The unit does either whats its supposed to do and is therefore broken like last patch, or it cant do that and therefore is useless like in the currrent patch.

Ahh so you're saying that the Sturmtiger is only useful if it can one shot units from the fog of war. I get it. Opinion discarded.

Sturmtiger is fine as it is. Breaks up blobs, forces retreats with its mere presence. Can instakill unsupported teamweapons and braindead blobbers. It doesn't need to do more than that and it shouldn't for the price point.
19 Mar 2022, 18:00 PM

?

So is the ability to one shot units "game breaking" or "worthless" then?

Ahh so you're saying that the Sturmtiger is only useful if it can one shot units from the fog of war. I get it. Opinion discarded.

Sturmtiger is fine as it is. Breaks up blobs, forces retreats with its mere presence. Can instakill unsupported teamweapons and braindead blobbers. It doesn't need to do more than that and it shouldn't for the price point.

so you doubt the wisdom of the average forum blobber and balance team member?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!11111oneoneoneone
19 Mar 2022, 19:03 PM

so you doubt the wisdom of the average forum blobber and balance team member?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!11111oneoneoneone

Id trust either of those groups about 100 times more than I would you. And I doubt I'm alone there
19 Mar 2022, 19:04 PM

Id trust either of those groups about 100 times more than I would you. And I doubt I'm alone there

An ad hominem on a SARCASTIC post. Hitting rock bottom every day.

And for the record, I would do a much better job balancing the game on some aspects.
19 Mar 2022, 19:09 PM

An ad hominem on a SARCASTIC post. Hitting rock bottom every day.

Hard to tell with you, even when you're being serious it reads like a joke...
19 Mar 2022, 20:05 PM

Please don't even bother to make ST OP again. It was the most OP unit I've ever seen in my entier CoH life. (Well, except the Gauntling fire rate Sherman)
19 Mar 2022, 21:24 PM

I can do the same with the Brummbär. A unit that doesnt have 40 sec reload where its completely useless. It forces retreat, wipes team weapons, is even cheaper, nondoc. I cant rely on the ST to wipe units in 2vs2 top 200, so why even bother? P4 and KT are nondoc and more reliable vs infantry and stuka is better vs team weapons.

Dont get me wrong. I dont want the ST to be buffed. Im happy its niche with some usage in low rank games. Doesnt make the unit viable though.

Btw you can always say "Opinion discarded", but it doesnt make your argument more valid.
20 Mar 2022, 11:58 AM

Hard to tell with you, even when you're being serious it reads like a joke...

I'm trully hurt m8 :( :( :(

I guess my COH2.org career has come to an end :(

22 Mar 2022, 03:14 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak