Login

russian armor

Why S mine field exist in this game?

2 Oct 2021, 16:59 PM

I think this ability should be doctrinal or might be rework in other way.and only 1 faction have this KInd of ability.

-I literally has an issue about smine field when I losing an area and my opposite start to planting it on critical area(such as fuel,ammo or supply line). in 1vs1.

A problem of this minesfield is not about Its damage or It have a sign , a problem is
-It took too much time(around 6-8 sec )for clear it out by mine sweeper that time is long enough for make your opposite can run to defense an area that you're about to attack and you can't fight while you're stand on a minefield especially when Opposite have mortar / tank in a field.
-To clear By mortar or AT will took longer and uneffective.sometime It still explode in same area that it was BOOM for some reason.
2 Oct 2021, 17:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think there's some valid criticism here.

S-mines take an excessive amount of time to clear, and planting them on retreats is cheesey as hell.
2 Oct 2021, 17:50 PM

The most stupid thing about s-mines is that you get a full minefield regardless of how many you plant

the number of mines in each of the 4 boxes just increases per planted mine
2 Oct 2021, 17:52 PM

The most stupid thing about s-mines is that you get a full minefield regardless of how many you plant

You might want to start playing Axis before commenting on stuff. That is not how planting S-mines works.

On S-mines themselves, balance wise they are fine since the suppression nerf. The long defusing time does suck though, but I don't think that could be fixed.
2 Oct 2021, 18:15 PM

I failed to see how lethal are S-mine after their suppression nerf.
Even a monkey can avoid losing squad to them.
2 Oct 2021, 18:16 PM

It's a 60 muni cost minefield......ideally used to punish smoke addicts on VPs. SMOKE SOME MORE :lol:
Pip
2 Oct 2021, 18:26 PM

That isnt how that works. When you plant "one" S-mine you plant all the mines for that quadrant. When you plant all four you get all four quadrants worth of mines.

On S-mines themselves, balance wise they are fine since the suppression nerf. The long defusing time does suck though, but I don't think that could be fixed.
~

Really the only issue with Smines is when they're placed on a retreat path, which isnt /terribly/ difficult to do given how quickly each quadrant can be placed. Results in some rather cheesy wipes.
2 Oct 2021, 18:32 PM

The minefield is pretty pointless, so almost no one uses it. Easily destroyed by mortar strike. The only way a minefield can to work is when retreating units run across the field and are completely destroyed. The Soviet wirefield was much more useful.
2 Oct 2021, 19:52 PM

The minefield is pretty pointless, so almost no one uses it. Easily destroyed by mortar strike. The only way a minefield can to work is when retreating units run across the field and are completely destroyed. The Soviet wirefield was much more useful.

I'm 80% met with minefield at rank >300.
you need atleast 6 shot form mortar to clear all mines and that took 10-15 second.
2 Oct 2021, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 19:52 PMvgfgff

you need atleast 6 shot form mortar to clear all mines and that took 10-15 second.

How long does it take to build an S mine field and how long does it take to clear one?
2 Oct 2021, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 19:54 PMVipper

How long does it take to build an S mine field and how long does it take to clear one?

fully is around 5-6 sec almost same as other mines also this is not a point.
you need more than 3x time compare to other mines to clear it out.

2 Oct 2021, 20:06 PM

I failed to see how lethal are S-mine after their suppression nerf.
Even a monkey can avoid losing squad to them.

I really hate argurment like this.
Some thing too powerful. Oh EZ just avoid it. really? Did you ever read my post?
or just thing, What if you can't avoid it like it has planted on a lot of point(fuel,ammuntion,supply line) and you need more than 6-8 sec **per point** for defusing.
2 Oct 2021, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:06 PMvgfgff

I really hate argurment like this.
Some things OP . Oh EZ just avoid. really? did you ever read a topic or thing like what if you can't avoid it. and you need to destroy it.

For god sake, how much did you play this game?
S-mine is nothing comparing to the previous soviet mines, or even demo that almost able to blow up whole squad unawared.

Can you stop making pointless and stupid "balance thread"?
You see the mines sign, then point a vehicle into it and here you go, cleared. how harsh is that for you?
2 Oct 2021, 20:17 PM

For god sake, how much did you play this game?
S-mine is nothing comparing to the previous soviet mines, or even demo that almost able to blow up whole squad unawared.

Can you stop making pointless and stupid "balance thread"?
You see the mines sign, then point a vehicle into it and here you go, cleared. how harsh is that for you?

What if enemy AT or tank there.
Actually Why you bring a PREVIOUSLY thing that didn't exist in this game anymore?

see the mines sign then what? how you going to recapture it? you need to clear it right? and it took too much time that is a whole point.
In 1vs1 it is tiny. if you defusing your opposite will notice and will be there or drop mortar to it and boom. your squad gone.

here my player card.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198391156856
2 Oct 2021, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:02 PMvgfgff

fully is around 5-6 sec almost same as other mines also this is not a point.
you need more than 3x time compare to other mines to clear it out.

I am not sure what you mean when I tested a pionner squad needed 30 secs to build a whole mine field.

A Tm-35 took about 13 secs.

A CE took about 36 to clear.

The extra 6 sec to clear than to build it is not an issue imo.

2 Oct 2021, 20:26 PM

Ostheer gets the shit end of the stick with mines, you going to bitch about a mine that has freaking signs telling you where they are?
Ostheer has small unit size and high reinforce cost, meaning a 30 muni mine is far more efficient against them than a 30 muni mine against Soviet units.

If anything S-mines should be buffed.

aXiS oP pLs NerF
2 Oct 2021, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:25 PMVipper

I am not sure what you mean when I tested a pionner squad needed 30 secs to build a whole mine field.

A Tm-35 took about 13 secs.

A CE took about 36 to clear.

The extra 6 sec to clear than to build it is not an issue imo.

I mean It took around 5-6 sec per boxes.
don't forget about you do not need full time to planted it. you can plant 1 box and comeback later.

I think setup time is not an issue because any building/set up you must be sure that your squad will be safe before you going to build it or just cover it like when UKF building their emplacement.

However
Can you explain about time to defusing not an issue?
2 Oct 2021, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:26 PMReverb
Ostheer gets the shit end of the stick with mines, you going to bitch about a mine that has freaking signs telling you where they are?
Ostheer has small unit size and high reinforce cost, meaning a 30 muni mine is far more efficient against them than a 30 muni mine against Soviet units.

If anything S-mines should be buffed.

aXiS oP pLs NerF

shit tier take
2 Oct 2021, 20:56 PM

shit tier take

His take reads a lot like your posts, except you do it for allies instead of axis
2 Oct 2021, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:33 PMvgfgff

I mean It took around 5-6 sec per boxes.
don't forget about you do not need full time to planted it. you can plant 1 box and comeback later.

I think setup time is not an issue because any building/set up you must be sure that your squad will be safe before you going to build it or just cover it like when UKF building their emplacement.

However
Can you explain about time to defusing not an issue?

Because it do not see a reason why it should be cleared faster than it is build.

It seem to you main issue is clear the minefield under fire and that has little to do with clearing time.

Clearing mines under fire is dangerous for all factions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★