Login

russian armor

Maxim machine gun OP

30 Sep 2021, 13:19 PM

WTF is with this unit, near the end of the replay u can clearly see that a 260 MP unit counters my almost 2k MP worth of army.
How on earth is this even balanced. Please nerf or buff OKW units.
we should be promoting offensive plays not encouraging static camping which ruins the game.

replay linked. skip to near the end to see how OP this unit is.
30 Sep 2021, 13:54 PM

Agree static weapon team play is too effective for how low effort it is.
30 Sep 2021, 17:47 PM

OKW already have Ober, ISG, P4J or even JLI/Storm/PF/Volks with STG which all can easily scare maxim off.

We used to call Maxim OP like 4 years ago, but now? Simply L2P issue.
30 Sep 2021, 18:53 PM

Literally the worst HMG. Update your game dude, yikes
30 Sep 2021, 18:57 PM

Literal monkey brain if you struggle vs maxims bro...
30 Sep 2021, 18:58 PM

3 x Maxim is pretty cancerous
30 Sep 2021, 19:05 PM

Either trolling or phone # rank syndrome. Judging by username maybe both?
30 Sep 2021, 22:34 PM

OKW already have Ober, ISG, P4J or even JLI/Storm/PF/Volks with STG which all can easily scare maxim off.

We used to call Maxim OP like 4 years ago, but now? Simply L2P issue.

u clearly didnt watch the replay did u.
i remember there was a clip a while back after the IS change where 5 IS face charged a mg42 and it got death looped.
comments were yea the 260 MP unit should not be able to suppress 1.3k worth of MP. then when a 260 ally unit counters my almost 2k MP army then it becomes l2p issue??
wtf is this bias.
30 Sep 2021, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2021, 18:57 PMKatukov
Literal monkey brain if you struggle vs maxims bro...

a little while back after the IS change, u can build 5 IS and face charge a MG42 and deathloop it, the comments were
he should have build more mg 42s
a single 240 MP unit should not counter a 1.3kMP army.
way too greedy building only 1 mg against a death blob

now a 260mp unit counters a 2k MP army and its ok??

the mg42 clip was also by some very high ranking player top 50 iirc, i 4got the name. im sure other ppl also remember that thread.

please dont tell me to smoke n flank cus soviet mgs pack and reposition very fast.
30 Sep 2021, 22:48 PM

It doesnt tho. If a SINGLE maxim coutners your whole army.....bro thats dogshit micro by you
30 Sep 2021, 22:52 PM

What is even going on in this forum lately? :loco:

Did someone A-move 8 volk squads on a red cover road into a maxim and then decided to make a thread?
30 Sep 2021, 23:34 PM

a little while back after the IS change, u can build 5 IS and face charge a MG42 and deathloop it, the comments were
he should have build more mg 42s
a single 240 MP unit should not counter a 1.3kMP army.
way too greedy building only 1 mg against a death blob

the mg42 clip was also by some very high ranking player top 50 iirc, i 4got the name. im sure other ppl also remember that thread.

please dont tell me to smoke n flank cus soviet mgs pack and reposition very fast.

you're bullshitting but i cant be arsed to pick it apart, some forum nerd will do it instead

any mg that gets hit before it starts shooting will eventually be forced to retreat, except you definitely engaged an ability charged maxim at maximum firing range and got cucked, if they had an mg-34/42, the result would be even worse
1 Oct 2021, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2021, 23:34 PMKatukov

you're bullshitting but i cant be arsed to pick it apart, some forum nerd will do it instead

any mg that gets hit before it starts shooting will eventually be forced to retreat, except you definitely engaged an ability charged maxim at maximum firing range and got cucked, if they had an mg-34/42, the result would be even worse

kk what happens if i find the thread and the clip? will u admit u r wrong and the maxim is a good machine gun?
1 Oct 2021, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2021, 23:34 PMKatukov

unfortunately u can no longer see the video, but this was the old thread iirc, it was a moment where 5 IS face charged a mg 42 on Ecountry near the cutoff from the hedges. i mean sure on my reply i did not get into 20 range b4 showing my army to the maxim but i had way more MP invested.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105003/1000-iq-brits

1 Oct 2021, 01:35 AM

Did someone A-move 8 volk squads on a red cover road into a maxim and then decided to make a thread?

"He's right you know" :clap:
1 Oct 2021, 09:15 AM

If maxim is OP then MG 42 will be machine gun of god.
1 Oct 2021, 10:19 AM

What is even going on in this forum lately? :loco:

That's the guy who claimed that Sturmtiger was "left behind" and called it "underwhelming" last patch, compared ST to rocket arty. Really not surprised here.

As the devs buffed the B4 into the high heavens, the stumrtiger is getting left behind. not only the sturmtiger only gets to fire 1 shell, the firing animations is very slow and gives the opponent plenty of time to react.
i personally feel the sturmtiger is very underwhelming right now, deserves a little bit of love.
1 Oct 2021, 11:29 AM

kk what happens if i find the thread and the clip? will u admit u r wrong and the maxim is a good machine gun?

i dont care about the clip, but

I watched your replay and the allies played like dogshit, you basically won the game but you're still complaining.

You literally walked max range into a machine gun, didn't even FOCUS it first, didn't micro your units, you did nothing at all, bro what the fuck did you think was gonna happen?

You were also toxic to the enemy team in all chat by calling them "wannabe axis" because they cant mindlessly spam infantry and win games, unlike the actual axis factions

Nice one, dipshit
1 Oct 2021, 11:51 AM

I watched your replay and the allies played like dogshit, you basically won the game but you're still complaining.

You literally walked max range into a machine gun, didn't even FOCUS it first, didn't micro your units, you did nothing at all, bro what the fuck did you think was gonna happen?

You were also toxic to the enemy team in all chat by calling them "wannabe axis" because they cant mindlessly spam infantry and win games, unlike the actual axis factions

Nice one, dipshit

I think he saw the following post and thought the dude is decent and knows anything about the game. And then he played accordingly and blobed into the maxim. His mistake i guess.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2021, 01:30 AMKatukov

I don't think that the AoE suppression is as good as people claim, in my experience, the maxim only has enough time (outside of ability) to suppress a single squad, then it gets overwhelmed/axis infantry leaves arc of fire.
You'd be surprised, I saw plenty of maxims being stolen, which kinda shoots them in the foot, because it is far easier to kill a maxim than mg-42. The ability is nice, but imo idk if it justifies usage if you ever get the option of an axis mg

About the maxim: Its fine. Sure its not as good as the mg42 on the dmg and surpression part, but its durable and in the faction with the best and most flexible mainline inf (tied with Grens) + the best atgun (tied with pak40). Buff this unit and Sov will dumbster both okw and ost.
MMX
1 Oct 2021, 12:08 PM

Nice one, dipshit

lol... oh well, that puts things into perspective i guess
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight