Login

russian armor

Just back and didn't realized M3A1 is a heavy armor?

7 Sep 2021, 19:02 PM

So it hit a mine.

even chased my retreating volks and killed it with flamethrower then 1 squad of sturm hitting its rear doing no damage as a result my sturm got wiped too lol

tilted, I watched the replay, and a veteran 1 sturm with 4 members exactly doing no damage on this M3A1?

If I'm only aware that there's an update with its armor and you can no longer counter it with good mine placing where the fuck is the balance team in this game?

7 Sep 2021, 19:07 PM

So it hit a mine.

even chased my retreating volks and killed it with flamethrower then 1 squad of sturm hitting its rear doing no damage as a result my sturm got wiped too lol

tilted, I watched the replay, and a veteran 1 sturm with 4 members exactly doing no damage on this M3A1?

If I'm only aware that there's an update with its armor and you can no longer counter it with good mine placing where the fuck is the balance team in this game?

replay pls
7 Sep 2021, 19:09 PM

THey specifically REMOVED armor from the M3A1 and gave it health.
7 Sep 2021, 19:19 PM

https://youtu.be/aFSE3gVuC68

It was too late when I realized it cannot be damaged lol

Health?

the early game before that mine. 2 squads of volks and 1 Sturm can't even damage it facing its rear

even my opponent admitted it was a retarded RNG as it was not even getting damage even if he just use reverse while chasing my units.

How can you counter its power spike with no commander and always available for sov and to counter it you have to lock commander for OKW in early game its powerful on small map 1v1
7 Sep 2021, 19:37 PM

There's a bug where sometimes small arms will target the squad inside (and deal damage to it) rather than the vehicle itself. And in regards to mines, the M3A1 was indeed rebalanced to barely survive a mine while becoming more vulnerable to small arms (when they target properly) instead, which made things fairer for both parties involved.
7 Sep 2021, 19:55 PM

That's what did it. The math dictates the SPs should've killed it.

You can see the Engies taking significant damage.
7 Sep 2021, 19:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

There's a bug where sometimes small arms will target the squad inside (and deal damage to it) rather than the vehicle itself. And in regards to mines, the M3A1 was indeed rebalanced to barely survive a mine while becoming more vulnerable to small arms (when they target properly) instead, which made things fairer for both parties involved.

Why was the decision made to make it so mines don't 1 shot a super light? Should mines not 1 shot kubels, m3a1s and UCs? You invest 30 muni into a trap that your opponent knows could exist and they don't get punished for it is pretty dumb.
7 Sep 2021, 20:25 PM

Why was the decision made to make it so mines don't 1 shot a super light? Should mines not 1 shot kubels, m3a1s and UCs? You invest 30 muni into a trap that your opponent knows could exist and they don't get punished for it is pretty dumb.

Best I can tell, 1 mistake total punishment is pretty miserable, especially before sweepers are reasonably available. The M3A1 should have almost instantly died to the SPs.

The M3A1 is a weird Ultra Light, being the heaviest of the class and also the most expensive. Almost the lightest LV. A signature of the Ultra Lights was not hampering teching due to not costing Fuel, so losing one sacrifices Map Presence instead of raw tech timing.

The UC is the only exception, and that's pretty dang recent.

I can see why they made that change, as before a reasonable expectation of sweepers, mines become a lotto for just ending the early game pressure entirely and massively putting SOV behind. SOV generally opens Flamer, and can't stack sweepers and Flamer like SP.

Tellers are fine because by the time they are out, SOV players should have the second CE squad with sweepers out.

The current state seems fine. If we wanted to revert it, I'd suggest let CEs stack Flamers and Sweepers.
7 Sep 2021, 20:56 PM

Not to mention, that 30 muni trap can be set off by infantry. Tellers/m20 mines you need a sweeper for and yet it's totally okay for those to 1 shot much more expensive vehicles, which is absurd imo
7 Sep 2021, 22:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Not to mention, that 30 muni trap can be set off by infantry. Tellers/m20 mines you need a sweeper for and yet it's totally okay for those to 1 shot much more expensive vehicles, which is absurd imo

In terms of the balance team not changing it, it's not being changed = ok to them, but asking around a lot of people would jump right on the train of "teller OP".
7 Sep 2021, 23:05 PM

In terms of the balance team not changing it, it's not being changed = ok to them, but asking around a lot of people would jump right on the train of "teller OP".

I think that if Teller did 380 damage it would be totally fine. Doesn't change much for mediums that run over it, and the 400hp lights would still be pretty easy to finish off with only 20hp left. Same goes for m20, cause it also immobilizes. But I digress...
8 Sep 2021, 05:11 AM

Now I get it, but I don't think I'm commanding an attack move on engineers. I only right click on the car. I even tried doing attack move on its nose although it's hard when moving.

What is M3A1 a moving sandbag? Hahahah!
Vaz
8 Sep 2021, 05:31 AM

How is the small arms bypassing the vehicle? Normally what I see is that the vessel will also take damage, is it because of the angle?
8 Sep 2021, 05:59 AM

I think that if Teller did 380 damage it would be totally fine. Doesn't change much for mediums that run over it, and the 400hp lights would still be pretty easy to finish off with only 20hp left. Same goes for m20, cause it also immobilizes. But I digress...

Relic and Balance Team in general have an extremely lazy approach when it comes to balance. So in this particular instance Mines do a set amount of damage and that doesn't change. 400 damage would 1 shot certain vehicles while being a nuisance to others.

Rather than do such a half ass approach where 1 size fits all for every single thing in the game when it comes to damage it would make sense if things like mines had scalable damage/effects. For example Light Vehicles would lose 75% HP for Light Vehicles and have engine destroyed, Medium 50% damage taken and engine damage and 25% damage and say vehicle stun or something for Heavy Tanks. Granted these are just random numbers I threw out there but a system like this would be fairer and feel more balanced.

It is possible to do scripts like these in relation to different units but instead we will only get simple number changes and never achieve a truly fair/balanced game with the current balance team.
8 Sep 2021, 06:12 AM

Relic and Balance Team in general have an extremely lazy approach when it comes to balance. So in this particular instance Mines do a set amount of damage and that doesn't change. 400 damage would 1 shot certain vehicles while being a nuisance to others.

Rather than do such a half ass approach where 1 size fits all for every single thing in the game when it comes to damage it would make sense if things like mines had scalable damage/effects. For example Light Vehicles would lose 75% HP for Light Vehicles and have engine destroyed, Medium 50% damage taken and engine damage and 25% damage and say vehicle stun or something for Heavy Tanks. Granted these are just random numbers I threw out there but a system like this would be fairer and feel more balanced.

It is possible to do scripts like these in relation to different units but instead we will only get simple number changes and never achieve a truly fair/balanced game with the current balance team.

They did that in CoH 1. It was insanely complex. CoH2 is already full of complicated exceptions and weirdness, lets not make it worse.

Do you know which individual vehicles in each faction has bonus acc vs snipers on their coax? cause its a few and it aint obvious.

Don't touch the targeting tables, for the love of god. Just balance around specific breakpoints, as is done with tanks and 160/80 hp increments.
8 Sep 2021, 12:06 PM

...They did that in CoH 1. It was insanely complex...

All I'm saying is that balancing one unit to be properly balanced against 2-3 other factions units is a tall bloody order. The lack of fine tuning from CoH2's health+recieved acc system necessitated years and years of trial and error to get it to an acceptable level.

I don't think that target tables + infantry types are a bad idea. I think that players just need to have a way to see it in game. Again, like the unit encyclopedia of Men of War.

Or even Lambda Wars, where each infantry unit is Light, Medium, or Heavy. Each unit type is affected more by different weapon types, consistently.

And also in Lambda Wars, the unit description at the bottom of the screen lists the infantry type and its weapon, and when you mouse over this, it tells you the modifiers against other infantry types.
8 Sep 2021, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2021, 05:31 AMVaz
How is the small arms bypassing the vehicle? Normally what I see is that the vessel will also take damage, is it because of the angle?

Don't know, I think it only happens inconsistently and only when it's getting shot at from the rear. There have been other bugs where certain weapons (snares) would target the passengers rather than the vehicle itself that have been fixed previously.

The team was busy trying to fix it, I think a bugfix for small arms will be included in the next iteration of the balance preview.

The primary decision was to make the M3 more vulnerable to small arms so that it could no longer be run around as carelessly against OKW in the early game, giving OKW more options to survive/endure it until Fausts. Extra health to survive a Shu mine was compensation for this, otherwise there would've been a serious chance of overnerfing it. I personally feel like it was a fair trade that made the unit more fun to use/deal with for both sides. It's also consistent with other ultra lights now.

As for 30 mu mines not oneshotting ultra lights while Tellers do oneshot LVs, I can only say that I'd personally want to see tellers deal 320-380 damage rather than 400 so that they don't oneshot LVs either. I don't think mines oneshotting anything (besides a sniper I guess) is particularly fair or fun.
8 Sep 2021, 17:24 PM

Don't know, I think it only happens inconsistently and only when it's getting shot at from the rear. There have been other bugs where certain weapons (snares) would target the passengers rather than the vehicle itself.

The team was busy trying to fix it, I think a bugfix will be included in the next iteration of the balance preview.

The primary decision was to make the M3 more vulnerable to small arms so that it could no longer be run around as carelessly against OKW in the early game. Extra health to survive a Shu mine was compensation for this, otherwise there would've been a serious chance of overnerfing it. It's also consistent with other ultra lights now.

As for Shu mines not oneshotting ultra lights while Tellers do oneshot LVs, I can only say that I'd personally want to see tellers deal 320-380 damage rather than 400 so that they don't oneshot LVs either.

One reduce the damage of snare to infatry and add the damage vs vehicles so that at least passenger are not wiped.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★