Login

russian armor

Relief for USF teching problems

10 Sep 2021, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 09:17 AMEsxile

Then play USF and the AAHT.

What part of the suppression you are not happy about?

On the move or static?

Vs single target or vs Blobs?
Vaz
10 Sep 2021, 11:42 AM

aaht suppression is what volley fire should be. It just suppresses 1 squad. If there is any aoe suppression, it must be really low.
10 Sep 2021, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 09:17 AMVipper

In addition Stuart see lots of action even from top players in 1vs1 so I am not sure why in your opinion it needs a buff.

It only sees action in 1v1. Waste of fuel in team games

AAHT more useful in teams, if you keep it alive you have really good AA for the off-map spam late game. And it is fantastic against blobs
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 11:42 AMVaz
aaht suppression is what volley fire should be. It just suppresses 1 squad. If there is any aoe suppression, it must be really low.

Huh? The AAHT suppression is great, both standard and AOE. Especially for a unit that can do it on the move
10 Sep 2021, 20:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Uhhh I thought Relic took out suppression on mobile half tracks a few years ago? Or is it just a suppression boost when the half track is stationary?

I've played a lot of USF 1s in the past 2 months and i always make sure to stop the vehicle if i want to suppress a squad.
10 Sep 2021, 23:53 PM

It only sees action in 1v1. Waste of fuel in team games

AAHT more useful in teams, if you keep it alive you have really good AA for the off-map spam late game. And it is fantastic against blobs

Huh? The AAHT suppression is great, both standard and AOE. Especially for a unit that can do it on the move

AA HT suppresses on the move poorly. Mostly because on the move it's a big pile of shit-mess. On one hand, it shoots out of it's ass, on the other, the game wants to rotate it facing forward thinking it shoots like every other normal vehicle. But then the game sees that it shoots out of it's ass and wants to rotate it 180 again. So basically if you do not STOP the vehicle or Handbrake it, AA HT will throw a tantrum. Trust me, I've played AA HT in 90% of my 3v3 games, always at a 6 minute mark and the amount of cancer I still get from it, even after mastering it completely is amazing. Sometimes it suppresses on the first volley, sometimes it won't suppress for 20 seconds (had it happen vs no cover). AOE suppression is also sh** if I'm not mistaken. Never seen it suppress more than one squad unless super clumped up. Tried using it vs blobs when I didn't have a calliope commander, and even with perfect micro, it never suppressed more than one unit in a blob.
That's my experience of 500 ranked and about 100 non ranked USF games I've played in 999 hours I have in COH2. Also, playing as OKW, I rarely see AA HT in 3v3s. Real rarity. But those are leisure games and I don't think people want to be bothered by getting an aneurysm of controlling the AA HT
Vaz
11 Sep 2021, 00:19 AM

I don't get that mentally bent out of shape trying to control the halftrack, but it is clumsy. I usually do this kind of stop and go technique with it. Do about 2 bursts, move away from blob a little bit, 2 bursts, move, keep repeating until something interferes or they are dead(doesn't happen, but possible).
11 Sep 2021, 03:11 AM

Snip

I find complaints about the maneuvering to be really exaggerated. I agree it's got some issues but once you get used to it it's not that hard. Stop orders solve 99% of the problems. I've used it plenty myself

I suppress blobs with it all the time. It's entirely just knowing when to move and when to hit S

On top of that it counters most lights really well. Can kill a puma with a little luck, I've seen it happen more times than I should

Btw if you're building it in 90% of your 3v3s, then you're literally supporting my point.... It's more useful in team games
11 Sep 2021, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 09:17 AMVipper

That does not really make much sense.

In addition Stuart see lots of action even from top players in 1vs1 so I am not sure why in your opinion it needs a buff.

Puma and AEC are available to specific faction for specific reason so I am not sure why in your opinion it "compares" more to them.

Since it seems that you agree with my point that claim was false I am not sure why you continue quoting me.

LOL we clearly do not agree. I dont know how u can get that idea but ok
11 Sep 2021, 08:00 AM

LOL we clearly do not agree. I dont know how u can get that idea but ok

Do you agree that Stuart is not a scouting unit and thus it not be directly compared with unit like kubel?

Do you agree that at vet 1 Stuart with 45 sight can be used for vision?

Do you agree that at vet 3 Stuart with 56 sight can be used for Scouting?
11 Sep 2021, 09:21 AM

I find complaints about the maneuvering to be really exaggerated. I agree it's got some issues but once you get used to it it's not that hard. Stop orders solve 99% of the problems. I've used it plenty myself

I suppress blobs with it all the time. It's entirely just knowing when to move and when to hit S

On top of that it counters most lights really well. Can kill a puma with a little luck, I've seen it happen more times than I should

Btw if you're building it in 90% of your 3v3s, then you're literally supporting my point.... It's more useful in team games

I did not say it's bad. I quite like the AA HT. I'm like Gollum on it. We loves and hates it. And I don't think it's exaggerated, regarding the movement on it. Stop works most of the time, but fails when you want to target specific units or even ground target. Considering suppression, it's not really great, decent enough for a LV.
I've never seen it win against a puma, don't think it's possible unless puma misses 5 shots.
I do consider AA HT to be useful in teamgames.
If you keep it alive, it's a great AA platform.
It can cover against infantry blob flanks, giving you ample time to react. Biggest threat is the double raketen.
At minute 6 it's quite oppressive and gives the USF the much needed power vs MG42 spams in teamgames and generally volks behind sandbags. Wins vs everything except a Puma, so that's great. Although 222 can take it out, if the gun is not fully loaded (reload is very long).
Vaz
11 Sep 2021, 11:34 AM

You can definitely beat a puma with the aaht. I've done it several times. You do have to catch it off gaurd and get the first strike, but the main cannon beats the puma. People who panic and try to run from the puma will lose. Stand your ground if you're in range.
11 Sep 2021, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2021, 11:34 AMVaz
You can definitely beat a puma with the aaht. I've done it several times. You do have to catch it off gaurd and get the first strike, but the main cannon beats the puma. People who panic and try to run from the puma will lose. Stand your ground if you're in range.

Possible, but highly unlikely. Reload on AAHT is about 8 seconds. Puma needs about 11 seconds to kill the AA HT. With 50 range that's ez. Let's say puma is retarded and closes in. Don't know why a Puma would need to close in to a 20 size LV but ok, let's say it does. 40 dmg per hit, it needs 10 hits on Puma to kill it. It will always penetrate, so only problem is missing. Rotating the AA HT disables the main cannon, so puma can rotate around it. Sorry but losing a Puma to an AA HT means the user of the Puma is beyond retarded. That's like losing a KT to a Sherman. Seen it happen. Seen a KT go down in a ranked game to a single M4 sherman and then a ragequit saying how USF is OP.
Same thing
11 Sep 2021, 15:42 PM

Possible, but highly unlikely.

It's more likely than you think. It is definitely much easier to do it than killing a KT with one Sherman, that's a nonsense comparison

It only works if the puma is targeting something else first, but that's not hard to find in team games. I literally did it 2 days ago to a puma that was trying to finish off my teammates Cromwell. I suggest you try it, you're seriously mistaken about how difficult it is. If you get any rear armor shots even the 50 cals can penetrate

If the puma is specifically hunting your HT, yes it's difficult
11 Sep 2021, 16:40 PM

It's more likely than you think. It is definitely much easier to do it than killing a KT with one Sherman, that's a nonsense comparison

It only works if the puma is targeting something else first, but that's not hard to find in team games. I literally did it 2 days ago to a puma that was trying to finish off my teammates Cromwell. I suggest you try it, you're seriously mistaken about how difficult it is. If you get any rear armor shots even the 50 cals can penetrate

If the puma is specifically hunting your HT, yes it's difficult

I have never ever seen it. That's my experience from it. My AA HT did once kill a puma that was diving against an allied t34 but that was a really low rank game. Otherwise, never seen a puma struggle with an AA HT in any of my games. If puma is killed by the AA HT then it's the player's fault.

It's not a stupid comparison. It's literally the "you're using it wrong". Barred up rifles can kill a puma after a snare, that's not the question. Puma is not hard to kill. Puma has the range and the damage to kite the 6 minute mark AA HT. And if your puma dies before a 15 minute mark to an isolated AA HT (let's say he retreated), then you're really a mega noob.

I mean the level of argument "Puma was not focusing the AA HT but instead was going for the allied cromwell and my AA HT killed it. Therefore the AA HT is good vs a Puma". That's proper nonsense. AA HT is a decent LV, but nothing beyond that. Best in that timing is 222. A bit later, the t70. AA HT is a good investment in teamgames, no doubt. Ofc if you keep it alive for the AA job later on.
11 Sep 2021, 18:34 PM

I mean the level of argument "Puma was not focusing the AA HT but instead was going for the allied cromwell and my AA HT killed it. Therefore the AA HT is good vs a Puma". That's proper nonsense.

What I said:

Can kill a puma with a little luck, I've seen it happen more times than I should

Please tell me English isn't your first language? Cause that's the only legitimate excuse for how much you just twisted what I said

It's not a stupid comparison. It's literally the "you're using it wrong". Barred up rifles can kill a puma after a snare, that's not the question. Puma is not hard to kill

It is 100% a stupid comparison and so is that one you just wrote. The time it takes to kill the unit in both of your examples is MUCH longer than it takes to kill a puma with AAHT
11 Sep 2021, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2021, 08:00 AMVipper

Do you agree that Stuart is not a scouting unit and thus it not be directly compared with unit like kubel?

Do you agree that at vet 1 Stuart with 45 sight can be used for vision?

Do you agree that at vet 3 Stuart with 56 sight can be used for Scouting?

Who the F directly compared them? HEs just talking about vision in general

Ofc it can be used for vision after you vet it up. Already said it, u never see a vet 3 stuart

Do u agree stuart needs a buff? No? Then we do not agree...
11 Sep 2021, 21:25 PM

Who the F directly compared them? HEs just talking about vision in general

Stuart
-Only Light Vehicle with 35 Vision compared to 50 for most other light vehicles (including Kubelwagon) So it cannot Scout or be used for Vision.

Kurobane clearly did compare Stuart with "light vehicles" and kubel in particular.

So seem you agree that these vehicles should not be compared.

Ofc it can be used for vision after you vet it up. Already said it, u never see a vet 3 stuart

So you do agree my original post.

Do u agree stuart needs a buff? No? Then we do not agree...

My original post said nothing about buffing or not buffing the Stuart.
11 Sep 2021, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2021, 21:25 PMVipper

Kurobane clearly did compare Stuart with "light vehicles" and kubel in particular.

So seem you agree that these vehicles should not be compared.

I dont care about this point its semantical nonsense (ironic)

So you do agree my original post.

That u got the vet bonuses correct? Sure dude, i never said othewise. Like i said, i think you are over-emphasizing the value... Especially vet 3 which almost never happens

My original post said nothing about buffing or not buffing the Stuart.

It a simple question... Do you think it shuld be buffed? If no, then we disagree about the only thing that matters here.... ffs lol
12 Sep 2021, 00:17 AM

I dont care about this point its semantical nonsense (ironic)

That u got the vet bonuses correct? Sure dude, i never said othewise. Like i said, i think you are over-emphasizing the value... Especially vet 3 which almost never happens

Than I guess that you take back what you have posted:

Nah your post was much more misleading (than Kurobane)

because you do not seem to agree with most things in his post.

It a simple question... Do you think it shuld be buffed? If no, then we disagree about the only thing that matters here.... ffs lol

In your opinion is this an accurate description of the state of Stuart?

Stuart
Result is a unit that is a waste of fuel and serves no purpose for USF as it has no role.

Now I can not answer your question unless you specify how you suggest it is buffed.

Imo Stuart seem to be doing fine in 1vs1 and maybe not that good in large modes (which is common for many unit) so how can someone buff it for larger mods without making OP is smaller modes?
12 Sep 2021, 04:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 00:17 AMVipper

Than I guess that you take back what you have posted:

because you do not seem to agree with most things in his post.

Ill try one more time bro. U said it scouts just fine. I said it doesnt becuz it needs to vet up first

Nobody cares as much about tht part as u do. He thinks it needs a buff, I agree with that...

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 00:17 AMVipper

In your opinion is this an accurate description of the state of Stuart?

Now I can not answer your question unless you specify how you suggest it is buffed.

Imo Stuart seem to be doing fine in 1vs1 and maybe not that good in large modes (which is common for many unit) so how can someone buff it for larger mods without making OP is smaller modes?

If its only used in 1/4 gamemode thats not good. Give it upgrade to help scale up late game, makes gun bettr against tanks or that gives more HP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS