Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
13 Aug 2021, 04:31 AM

The following change was done to give the USF a late game unit that was capable of spotting once the Major has gained veterancy. This will give the faction a core tool to spot forward defenses before allowing the USF player to plan their attack. Previously, if a player did not either have an M20 or were using commanders without Pathfinders, the faction had minimal spotting tools that made aggression difficult in late game scenarios, particularly against entrenched enemies.

Veterancy 1 now also provides +15 sight in addition to other bonuses

A vet 3 Major would become a very powerful spotting and smoking unit with passive sprint out of combat, 50 sight, the ability to call cheap indirect offmaps.
Consider replacing the change with a 10 munitions cost decrease for the recon run at vet 1
13 Aug 2021, 04:37 AM

A vet 3 Major would become a very powerful spotting and smoking unit with passive sprint out of combat, 50 sight, the ability to call cheap indirect offmaps.
Consider replacing the change with a 10 munitions cost decrease for the recon run at vet 1

I also like this suggestion
13 Aug 2021, 04:39 AM

M5:
Can Soviet M5 pls have quad turret cost reduction? The faction really suffers with AA capabilities.
Players need to be able to get a clutch AA unit without waiting long periods for the muni to cover costs of it. 100 muni is a reasonable amount. Still expensive for AA, but quicker than 120 at least; and the new price wouldn't cause the unit to be imba vs infantry.

SU76:
There's also a case for su76 to have either:
1. 140 damage (160 with vet) [1]
2. More movement agility [1]
3. Lower cost barrage [0.5]
4. Reworked barrage, where it goes hull down to do so, but has lower costs [0.5]
5. Increased acc on the move [1]
6. Target size to 18 [0.5]

* weightings: total buffs values should = [1], i.e. if 0.5 buffs are preferred then pick 2 of them
13 Aug 2021, 05:34 AM

I am really not a fan of the sniper nerf. Since when did snipers become OP in this game? This isn't CoH1. This change is going to make them walking meat targets. And furthermore, when did MG population suddenly become an issue? This game has been out for 8 years now and MGs being 6 pop never was a problem. I really wish the balance team would stop touching certain aspects of the game at this point in its life.

I also have a massive sour taste in my mouth that Brits are getting tons of buffs and everyone else is getting nerfed.
13 Aug 2021, 05:48 AM

As I already had advocated, Panzerfusliers design is flawed. The unit has become especially (in my experience) a clutch for OKW against Soviets, due to their ability to trade much more efficiently than the lackluster volksgrenadiers in late game, their ability to counter early m3 with at grenade, the fact that Soviets have a slower early game compared to WFA and the PF on the move dps, he grenade and mid-close range performances allowing it to fight better against CP2 Soviets elite infantry. Allowing an OKW player that has picked Panzerfusiliers access to munitions can mean a game over because g43 upgrade is a massive powercreep and from now on Panzerfusiliers are very efficient until the conscript cover bonus kicks in (and that's because vet 3 conscripts are even more broken)

Consider reworking the unit as a 290/29 (cost/reinforce) mp mainline with better early game performances and less RA from the start, but with no extra 6th men and extra sight with the upgrade.

With the removal of extra sight the range bonus for the flare could be moved to vet 4 and replaced by a reduction cost at vet 2.
This would mean that Panzerfusiliers can't spot ahead without using the flare ability and avoid mgs or unfavorable engagements
13 Aug 2021, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 05:34 AMKothre
I am really not a fan of the sniper nerf. Since when did snipers become OP in this game? This isn't CoH1. This change is going to make them walking meat targets. And furthermore, when did MG population suddenly become an issue? This game has been out for 8 years now and MGs being 6 pop never was a problem. I really wish the balance team would stop touching certain aspects of the game at this point in its life.

I also have a massive sour taste in my mouth that Brits are getting tons of buffs and everyone else is getting nerfed.

Snipers are classily a MASSIVE problem in competitive 1v1, especially for UKF who's IS just get murdered and who's only recourse is their own sniper, which is regularly run down by ULVs, all of which have bonus accuracy vs snipers. Which the UC will now as well.

Also, UKF was just REALLY BAD. Unplayable in a highly competitive sense due to all their weakenesses. They need the buffs, and notice all the buffs are to under performing units. Engies, Base Howis, AO, mild touch-up of armor.
13 Aug 2021, 06:25 AM

Which the UC will now as well.

Actually the patch notes refer to the vickers upgrade on the UC.

I think the upgraded uc is currently fine against snipers
13 Aug 2021, 06:32 AM

The following change was done to give the USF a late game unit that was capable of spotting once the Major has gained veterancy. This will give the faction a core tool to spot forward defenses before allowing the USF player to plan their attack. Previously, if a player did not either have an M20 or were using commanders without Pathfinders, the faction had minimal spotting tools that made aggression difficult in late game scenarios, particularly against entrenched enemies.

Veterancy 1 now also provides +15 sight in addition to other bonuses

The buff is nice but i wish more reward when bringing Major to the frontline. Why dont give +1 member when vet 1 or 2 like British AO to reward for being on the frontline? 3 members, 1 pistol 2 M1A deal little to no dmg against any enemies, also too squishy to die like in 1 or 2 MG42 burst. Meanwhile, Commisar Command Squad starts with 5 members, then up to 6 when vet, AO 4 to 5. Axis Officer also has 5 members.
13 Aug 2021, 07:01 AM

One of the few units I find that struggles with its intended purpose despite its cheap cost is the m10.

I find because it needs to get in close and flank that it is very likely to be snared and can suffer main gun destroyed (considering it has 560hp and needs to get in close which is a death sentence) that is frustrating. Flanking speed is better used against infantry.

I also don't understand why for a flanker all its mobility is stuck at vet 3 when it rarely makes it there. The hvap rounds lock the turret before and after activating which can be annoying.

Never see the British m10, it's seems alittle too muni hungry to be on par with the usf m10. If anyone can tell me does the brit one vet up the same rate as the usf due to elite crews?

On the patch itself, I think the nerf to the sturmtiger is decent, the only thing I think needs a look at is its veterency bonuses.

13 Aug 2021, 07:51 AM

Please implement the fix for AT-grenades being able to kill vehicles, as I am aware there was a fix ready last patch but for somereason was not included...

Also I hope we will see more patch iterations, unlike last patch. Some of these buffs and nerfs seem kind of piled up and most likely need fine tuning.

Edit: Additionally some descriptions as to why each potential change was made would be welcome. Espcially as I dont play brits im scratching my head at some of these changes
13 Aug 2021, 07:52 AM

Any reason why OKW has to be buffed any single patch in regard to the stats?
13 Aug 2021, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 07:52 AMEsxile
Any reason why OKW has to be buffed any single patch in regard to the stats?

What are you talking about ? OKW is only getting nerfs this patch
13 Aug 2021, 08:54 AM

What are you talking about ? OKW is only getting nerfs this patch

And what would you call the reduced received accuracy at vet2 on Sturmpioneers?
13 Aug 2021, 09:48 AM

And what would you call the reduced received accuracy at vet2 on Sturmpioneers?

Irrelevant
13 Aug 2021, 09:55 AM

Irrelevant

if it is irrelevant why it is in the patchnote.
13 Aug 2021, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 09:55 AMEsxile

if it is irrelevant why it is in the patchnote.

This is like 60% of the patch notes ever posted.
13 Aug 2021, 10:23 AM

No thanks, we provided feedback last preview mod and were completely ignored. Everyone was asking for Osttruppen nerfs for 3 weeks and after every preview mod there was nothing until the last second “nerf” when it was too late to make further changes and that nerf was a slap on the wrist for Osttruppen and a slap to the face for all of us.

I’m not gonna waste 10hrs of my life again testing these shitty changes at 1am games my time (cuz that’s when miragefla streams) in preview 2v2/1v1 games like I did 2 patches ago or giving Jibber 20+ preview mod 1v1s last patch so he can tell us months later that noone tested the mod. We deserve more respect than that.

Agreed, balance team is bottom of the shitcan garbo, especially in respect to community feedback. Would've rather had the game stop getting support when lelic's official team backed off because honestly the game has never been in a worst state and I say that without any hyperbole.
13 Aug 2021, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not sure about these patch notes overall.

Relatively minor changes, but I don't get the focus. Some stuff is changed despite it not having been an issue (imho) such as the British side techs, others that are real issues like the ST probably don't go far enough. Assuming that this is just the first iteration with more to come, I'll give the benefit of doubt.

Regarding some points in particular:
- UKF is fairly weak at the moment mostly due to lack of arty. This should be addressed via the pyro upgrade. The smoke change is good, but probably won't help enough.
- AEC and bolster cost reduction: Why? UC into AEC has been causing problems earlier, the AEC also does not need to come earlier. If UKF has MP problems in mid game, reduce the cost of the medic squad.
-AVRE: Fixing the undershooting is good. But please no ST 2.0.

-ST: Probably not enough, but again I assume this is just the first step to test the unit and more changes will come.

-Maxim: The only MG that really does not need a nerf. If the aim is to nerf double ATG + double MG strategies (which is good), please don't apply it to the Maxim since barely anyone builds two of these anyway.

-Snipers: Some further adjustment is due, but this will completely kick them out of the game. Especially in late game, vetted and upgraded infantry can shred snipers. Being under fire for 5 seconds is a death sentence, even if there is infantry in front for screening. Should be changed to either a small general movement debuff or so. If this change is kept, snipers need more late game utility to still be useful in a recon role.
13 Aug 2021, 11:04 AM
Donator 22

IMO, after the last patch, this ability got way too strong.

I is very easy to dive in with two comets into panthers and even supporting AT guns, if your hawkers kill half health of multiple tanks and clear wounded at guns as well.
It is very easy to pull of and I hardly see a good counter. Two flak HTs will do...sure.

I suggest make it cheaper and a bit less powerful.
Or make it anti tank OR anti inf and make it cheaper
Or make the planes more vulnerable...
whatever.

I love using the ability. I hate playing against it. That shows something :-)
13 Aug 2021, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2021, 22:58 PMXARDAS
40mm Bofors AA Emplacement

Population from 8 to 6

Reason?

Probably just too annoy me in 4v4...as usual, im onto you relic.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS