Login

russian armor

Let's talk about AT grenad USF

24 Jul 2021, 15:16 PM

Hi,

Let's talk about anti grenads for USF infantry.
Now to unlock this you need :

Lieutnant + upgrade
OR
Captain + upgrade
OR
Captain + Lieutnant

Before you just needed a vet1 infantry

Why this system has been removed ?
Why USF need so much fueld compare other factions ?

Give me reasons please ?
24 Jul 2021, 15:24 PM

Why this system has been removed ?
Why USF need so much fueld compare other factions ?

Give me reasons please ?

Cause if you had to replace rifle squads later on it was annoying to have to get vet 1 again just to be able to snare tanks

This also helps if one of your riflemen is lagging behind in the nazi killing department

OKWs snare was pushed back slightly too, so I think it's okay
24 Jul 2021, 15:42 PM

It is not a problem because it come before 222. And apart from 221 and maybe clowncar, Axis has no super early game vehicles like m3, UC or WC51

Quote from the patch:

24 Jul 2021, 16:06 PM

It is not a problem because it come before 222. And apart from 221 and maybe clowncar, Axis has no super early game vehicles like m3, UC or WC51

Woaw "before 222" and against OKW and 221 or Kubel ?
All vehicules are just in commandant, Axis have Halftrack can be heal vehicule or flame, and USF ?

The last system was just balance, don't know why they modify, may be some baby COH players cried again x)

Cause if you had to replace rifle squads later on it was annoying to have to get vet 1 again just to be able to snare tanks

This also helps if one of your riflemen is lagging behind in the nazi killing department

Yeah and during early game, you can not snare 221 Kubelwagen for example,
Unlock when you have lieutnant or captain only, need upgrade to have it is just unfair

Just to compare

Russian, dont need Tier to unlock
Wermacht need just to upgrade Tier 1
OKW ? (I don't play enough)
And british ?

MMX
24 Jul 2021, 18:49 PM

as a matter of fact, now, after the revamp, it is far easier and faster to get at nades on all your rifleman squads than it used to be. in an average game you'll meet the tech requirements just as fast if not faster than it takes to get one of your squads to vet 1. if anything this change made usf early game against light vehicles a lot easier and less rng dependent, so i'm not exactly sure what you're complaining about.
24 Jul 2021, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2021, 18:49 PMMMX
as a matter of fact, now, after the revamp, it is far easier and faster to get at nades on all your rifleman squads than it used to be

I have been advocsting the exact same multiple times already. Everyone seems convinced that riflemen get their snares slowers and USF faces worse against light vehicles, but having it on all your squads and the enemy now knowing which squads to avoid makes counter microlights actually easier
24 Jul 2021, 19:30 PM

So USF gets vet 1 easily when OST camp behind cover and use Sniper + MG + Grens to zone them out?

Sure there's a slightly longer window where USF don't have an AT nade now but even 221 can be zoned out by units in cover unless isolated.
25 Jul 2021, 06:53 AM

Woaw "before 222" and against OKW and 221 or Kubel ?
All vehicules are just in commandant, Axis have Halftrack can be heal vehicule or flame, and USF ?

The last system was just balance, don't know why they modify, may be some baby COH players cried again x)

Yeah and during early game, you can not snare 221 Kubelwagen for example,
Unlock when you have lieutnant or captain only, need upgrade to have it is just unfair

Just to compare

Russian, dont need Tier to unlock
Wermacht need just to upgrade Tier 1
OKW ? (I don't play enough)
And british ?

"heal and flame" halftrack same timing as 222. Kubel is not a problem and often dies to small arms fire, especially to USF with great moving accuracy on its infantry.

221 is the only tough pick, especially in current Sturmtiger meta, but you still can invest into weapon rack and pick couple of zooks on RE or go for lieutenant that also has ability to get a zook. So it is not a issue and was a great and welcomed change.

BTW:

OKW (Volks) need a sWS truck fully deployed meaning Mechanized or Battlegroup with mechanization upgrade. Panzerfusiliers get AT nade by default.

OST does not need T1 to have faust. Grens and osttruppen have it by default.
27 Jul 2021, 09:35 AM

OST does not need T1 to have faust. Grens and osttruppen have it by default.

I believe they do need T1 building. You just don't realize it because it is rare to loose T1 building.
27 Jul 2021, 10:07 AM

I believe they do need T1 building. You just don't realize it because it is rare to loose T1 building.

yes, you need any of first 2 buildings for faust to be available, but my point was that you get it from a get-go, because the building that produces grens and osttruppen provides access to the ability.

So you can't have faust without grens or osttruppen and you can't build them without t1 and even if you lose it, you still will have faust if t2 is available.
27 Jul 2021, 10:13 AM

yes, you need any of first 2 buildings for faust to be available, but my point was that you get it from a get-go, because the building that produces grens and osttruppen provides access to the ability.

So you can't have faust without grens or osttruppen and you can't build them without t1 and even if you lose it, you still will have faust if t2 is available.

AFAIK, T2 building does not provide such option.

NVM, sorry about the wrong info. quick test confirmed that T2 alone is sufficient to use faust.
27 Jul 2021, 10:50 AM

USF nades are fine considering the timing. 22X lights are a menace vs them, but that's it. The only problem with the USF AT nade is the long animation. Lost squads trying to snare a Tiger due to the animation resetting on snaring model death.

The last change that removed the veterancy is a big "buff" to them in lategame.
27 Jul 2021, 14:26 PM

Tie it to the nade tech with an increased cost and make vet 1 unlock the ability at its current cost

Then if you have to replace a squad OR need AT nades sooner than vet, you can get them at a cost, but vet 1 can unlock it as well if you want to wait.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★