Login

russian armor

Pathfinders?

17 Jul 2021, 00:02 AM

I would suggest this unit is long time needing some rebalancing.

- 0cp elite infantry
- Comes already equipped with sniper rifle
- Have a lot of extra abilities
- Vision

This unit comes too early and needs adjustment. My suggestion would be cp1 like JLI is from OKW and sniper rifle needs to be bought, there is no reason this unit comes instantly and have the weapon already. Being USF unit it can even get bars to triple it's firepower. Simply it's totally not balanced for the game. It's not broken, but being 0cp is the most broken thing about it.
17 Jul 2021, 11:39 AM

Its not elite infantry, not even close.

Its recon/wallmart sniper unit with ability kit enhancing just that.
Pip
17 Jul 2021, 11:58 AM

Neither JLI nor Paths are, as Katitof says, really "elite" infantry. They're pseudo-snipers with utility functionality.

The only problem I have with Paths is that they can Bar/Zook up, but that's a factional design problem I have with USF/UKF as a whole. Otherwise they're hardly imbalanced, they're only any good supporting other infantry that can take fire for them... or ambushing snipers/team weapons from range. Spamming Paths ends with you losing the game vs any halfway competent player.

Paths sort of need to come at CP0 because they're intended to "Pathfind" for Airborne paras.
17 Jul 2021, 12:01 PM

To add to the above, Pathfinders can't really hold their own early on without Rifleman or Rear Echelon to screen/do damage for them. Once they can get BARs that is a different story but until then they will bleed your MP if used incorrectly.
17 Jul 2021, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 00:02 AMThamor
My suggestion would be cp1 like JLI is from OKW and sniper rifle needs to be bought, there is no reason this unit comes instantly and have the weapon already.

I do agree with this.

Just make insta kill HP to 70% to match JLI with it.
22 Jul 2021, 23:31 PM

To add to the above, Pathfinders can't really hold their own early on without Rifleman or Rear Echelon to screen/do damage for them. Once they can get BARs that is a different story but until then they will bleed your MP if used incorrectly.

That is just basic lie, you get them cp0 you have nothing against you early that you can't win with them. You see your opponent first and can fire first almost always. Additionally you get certain kills with sniper rifle.
22 Jul 2021, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 11:39 AMKatitof
Its not elite infantry, not even close.

Its recon/wallmart sniper unit with ability kit enhancing just that.

Wallmart sniper lmao

Thought this thread would be about buffing them, cant imagine ppl saying their OP

Just fine as is, useful but not too much
23 Jul 2021, 00:56 AM

I see none of you have mentioned the extra sight they have, which is broken. They provide so much sight range against Ost who rely on good positing and placement of MG's early - this unit is far too good at sighting for flanks.

23 Jul 2021, 01:26 AM

Wallmart sniper lmao

Thought this thread would be about buffing them, cant imagine ppl saying their OP

Just fine as is, useful but not too much

People who saying they are OP are simply bad at the game.

I see none of you have mentioned the extra sight they have, which is broken. They provide so much sight range against Ost who rely on good positing and placement of MG's early - this unit is far too good at sighting for flanks.

Whermacht Officers have the same vision range as far as infantry goes. You also have access to spotting scopes and almost all of your Vehicles get the same or more range than Pahtfinders.

OKW - Jaeger Light Infantry also have the same range as well as the Spotting Scope Half Track. Not to Mention PanzerFusiliers which also have Flares which once vetted can throw it much farther than 50 vision range while also being better combat units and also being available at Vet 0.

23 Jul 2021, 01:47 AM

Whermacht Officers have the same vision range as far as infantry goes. You also have access to spotting scopes and almost all of your Vehicles get the same or more range than Pahtfinders.

Wehrmacht officers come at 2CP, spotting scopes 5CP. You have made a comparison of Ost vehicles against Infantry. You need to take a lie down.
23 Jul 2021, 21:55 PM

Wehrmacht officers come at 2CP, spotting scopes 5CP. You have made a comparison of Ost vehicles against Infantry. You need to take a lie down.

I made a Comparison of different vision tools to show that Axis also have scout units as well. If you are losing to Pathfinders which has slightly more vision than Pioneer (which has the highest vision range out of any stock unit without upgrades), a unit that you start with and available stock to your faction then you have some serious L2P issues which reinforces my belief that we should limit people posting on these forums unless they reach a certain rank because every noob under the sun cries about something being OP rather than reflecting within and realizing that maybe they just aren't that good at the game.

24 Jul 2021, 21:25 PM

I made a Comparison of different vision tools to show that Axis also have scout units as well. If you are losing to Pathfinders which has slightly more vision than Pioneer (which has the highest vision range out of any stock unit without upgrades), a unit that you start with and available stock to your faction then you have some serious L2P issues which reinforces my belief that we should limit people posting on these forums unless they reach a certain rank because every noob under the sun cries about something being OP rather than reflecting within and realizing that maybe they just aren't that good at the game.

You don't seem to understand the flow of the game. Pathfinders come free equipped with sniper rifle, can be summoned instantly to the map and have elite infantry vision. Your comparison are all much slower to come to play. The original suggestion is still to drop pathfinder to cp1 and make sniper rifle cost ammo. And your point about the pioneer vision only work for OST faction and it's not at all the same. If you really are comparing normal ost pioneer to pathfinders your mental capacity is pretty limited.

You still don't understand the point of this topic. It's to balance out the unit with it's mirror unit JLI and have it not appear on the map instantly when the game starts. OST a lot of times rely on their MG, but pathfinders are such a no brainer instant vision + stealth unit to make them useless against the blobs that USF use.
24 Jul 2021, 22:38 PM

...every noob under the sun cries about something being OP rather than reflecting within and realizing that maybe they just aren't that good at the game.

You should not say "arent good at the game". You should maybe say lack knowledge of certain units. Especially since NONE of this information is provided by Relic in the game.

Hopefully something they fix in COH3.
25 Jul 2021, 05:15 AM

I do agree with this.

Just make insta kill HP to 70% to match JLI with it.
But paths gets there 50% 1 hit kill for free though would be willing to make the JLI same as well i.e get there g43's for free.
27 Jul 2021, 09:15 AM

But paths gets there 50% 1 hit kill for free though would be willing to make the JLI same as well i.e get there g43's for free.

1. It's 40%. So hp must be lower or equal to 32. Compare to hp 60(75%) on JLI.

2. I don't care whether it costs extra muni if they buff pathfinder OHK to 70%. Making scoped weapon to 1 as well? Works for me. Feel free to do so instead of buffing JLI which will only make UKF just insta quit right after seeing JLI on the battlefield.

3. Oh and don't forget the difference of the accuracy. JLI has 115%/92% accuracy on long/mid range.
Compare to 92%/57.5% Pathfinder. We should match this thing to equal as well right?

4. I almost forgt. JLI scope weapon also has 90% accuracy over covered unit(normal weapons have 50%). Meaning? They can hit wvery single shot on long range no matter the opponent is in the cover or in the building.

Damn this makes me sick again. TBH I'm surprised this thing survived so far without nerf.
27 Jul 2021, 17:29 PM

1. It's 40%. So hp must be lower or equal to 32. Compare to hp 60(75%) on JLI.

2. I don't care whether it costs extra muni if they buff pathfinder OHK to 70%. Making scoped weapon to 1 as well? Works for me. Feel free to do so instead of buffing JLI which will only make UKF just insta quit right after seeing JLI on the battlefield.

3. Oh and don't forget the difference of the accuracy. JLI has 115%/92% accuracy on long/mid range.
Compare to 92%/57.5% Pathfinder. We should match this thing to equal as well right?

4. I almost forgt. JLI scope weapon also has 90% accuracy over covered unit(normal weapons have 50%). Meaning? They can hit wvery single shot on long range no matter the opponent is in the cover or in the building.

Damn this makes me sick again. TBH I'm surprised this thing survived so far without nerf.

5. The rest of the JLi squad have grenadier k98 rifle which better far range than paras carbine that the rest of pathfinder squad have.

Still, i think we should let pp take the bait and make pathfinder into JLi clone. They will got what they thought they wanted while we got the actual benefit, lol.
27 Jul 2021, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2021, 21:25 PMThamor

It's to balance out the unit with it's mirror unit JLI

Pathfinders get absolutely destroyed by JLI in a 1v1, it's not even close. Better target size, better veterancy, 50% accuracy ambush bonus and much better rifle stats as posted above by leithianz.

We had 1cp Pathfinders in the past and they were never ever used at all.
28 Jul 2021, 09:02 AM

Apparently early game pathfinder spam is a viable strat in 4v4. My guess that this is the source of OP's frustratiin. Although, by the looks of it, this does not help with faction's winrate that much lmao.
Not sure what JLIs have to do with that, since it is a proper meta unit, while, in a competetive setting, paths are just an auxilary recon 4 men squad with pretty mediocre combat stats.
28 Jul 2021, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

We had 1cp Pathfinders in the past and they were never ever used at all.

This additionally has to do with USFs early game infantry build order. USF usually goes 3 Rifles into officer.
At CP1, Pathfinders can't replace a Rifle squad. Meaning you end up with infantry squads at least. With this doctrine, you probably also want Paratroopers, which would be the sixth squad and cause too much bleed.
CP1 Paths are therefore exclusive with either Paratroopers or having 3 proper fighting squads out early.
28 Jul 2021, 12:02 PM

Because complaining about RECON UNITS sight is just as retarded as complaining about ATGs owning vehicles or snipers one-shotting infantry models, especially considering the fact that their sight is no greater then any other recon unit.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★