Login

russian armor

CoH3 File digging

17 Jul 2021, 19:29 PM

The main reason I still think that the in game Wehrmacht is a mix of DAK and Wehrmacht assets is (other than 4 combat infantry squads for a single faction) the Marder 3 being there despite being logically the only tank destroyer option in the game files that could fit the DAK, while the Nashorn was only used in Italy and is not present in the current build

Thing is. Wehrmacht has battlegroups and combat commanders, which are most likely will be something simular to the hammer\anvil of UKF in CoH2. Right now in alpha its clearly unfinished and you clearly have everything thrown togeather.

In other words Wehr might aswell have all inf units which they do have right now, but they all wont be buildable at the same time since they will be locked behind combat commander selection.
17 Jul 2021, 19:50 PM

Thing is. Wehrmacht has battlegroups and combat commanders, which are most likely will be something simular to the hammer\anvil of UKF in CoH2. Right now in alpha its clearly unfinished and you clearly have everything thrown togeather.

In other words Wehr might aswell have all inf units which they do have right now, but they all wont be buildable at the same time since they will be locked behind combat commander selection.

But if those Battlegroup provide each with a different ability to all those units then how are those units gonna be limited by Battlegroup choice?
17 Jul 2021, 20:04 PM

But if those Battlegroup provide each with a different ability to all those units then how are those units gonna be limited by Battlegroup choice?

They are not the same thing. Battlegroup is a CoH2 like commander\doctrine, with abilities for CP and so on.

Field commanders for Wehr seems to be like a global chose\upgrade which affects the faction, units and their abilities. So in other words you can have lets say Breakthought battlegroup and defensive field commander, or Breakthought and spec ops field commander.
17 Jul 2021, 20:04 PM

The main reason I still think that the in game Wehrmacht is a mix of DAK and Wehrmacht assets is (other than 4 combat infantry squads for a single faction) the Marder 3 being there despite being logically the only tank destroyer option in the game files that could fit the DAK, while the Nashorn was only used in Italy and is not present in the current build

The Nashorn was also used on the Eastern Front:

And none of the Italian units seem to be in the current build of the game either even if they are mentioned and exist in the file so it makes sense for me at least that they're either probably part of the DAK or some other Italian doctrine or Commander for the current Wehrmacht.

But yeah, it makes sense for Italian units to be present in both Armies since I'm guessing we won't be getting them as a separate faction, similar to how the Australians, Canadians and Indians are going to be probably done as well as there's probably not enough content as as I know at least that the Aussies and Cannucks used mostly British equipment, can't say for the Indians, while it was pretty much the same with the Italians and German equipment, plus officers.
18 Jul 2021, 17:05 PM

BATTLEGROUPS

So, lets look at battlegroups. While I was speculating that battlegroups have choses (or maybe you customize them a bit before the game), its not confirmed, to make it easier I'il mark abilities as choses and wings.

German

USF

UKF

18 Jul 2021, 20:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

BATTLEGROUPS

So, lets look at battlegroups. While I was speculating that battlegroups have choses (or maybe you customize them a bit before the game), its not confirmed, to make it easier I'il mark abilities as choses and wings.

German

USF

UKF

Much better than CoH1 and CoH2.

Well done Relic.
19 Jul 2021, 05:50 AM

Wait a second, I don't get it, why does british Armored have Crusader AA, isn't it a stock unit?
22 Jul 2021, 16:18 PM

Wait a second, I don't get it, why does british Armored have Crusader AA, isn't it a stock unit?

I mean, its not the only one

The battlegroups gives out Chaffees and Churchills when both are stock in their respective factions. This is obviously pre-alpha
22 Jul 2021, 19:02 PM

Well its safe to assume that faction unit roster if unfinished, and battlegroups themself might be unfinished aswell.

Not to mention that even in skrimish we have to play with the factions copy\pasted from the campaing and not the MP version of them.

We dont even have a light version of the skrimish\MP battlegroups most likely.
23 Jul 2021, 21:15 PM
24 Jul 2021, 17:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Greetings file diggers, is there a way to increase Skirmish AI difficulty with file manipulation? Thanks much
24 Jul 2021, 19:16 PM

Doesn't seem like it at least for now.

Even the save files doesn't say anything about AI difficulty.
24 Jul 2021, 20:07 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

26 Jul 2021, 09:42 AM

understood, thanks

Im not at home but yes there is, if you look into the offical forums there sgould be a link that opens up several options, one of those being a difficultt slider
26 Jul 2021, 10:48 AM

Im not at home but yes there is, if you look into the offical forums there sgould be a link that opens up several options, one of those being a difficultt slider

You mean this? https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/254-online-settings-unlocked?page=1

Because I read about it and several people claim to have tried it out but the difficulty still remains at easy regardless of what they do.
26 Jul 2021, 13:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/1350-company-of-heroes-3-gameplay-overview?page=1

So yeah, my speculations were correct B-)

This looks very, very cool. Finally CPs are really "spent" and not just a passive meter that gets filled up. I hope there is some way to spend CPs other than that to create another trade off. Or don't make it necessarily exclusive but double/triple the costs of the not-picked option (I know that some abilities are worth 0, maybe add a flat amount to them).
29 Jul 2021, 12:39 PM

Battlegroups (commanders)

UK:
dev_unlock_battlegroup_air_and_sea_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_british_armored_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_british_canadian_vanguard_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_indian_artillery_uk

Relic pls givme polish battlegroup with stolen kubelwagen
3 Dec 2021, 03:52 AM

Has anyone dug in for the mp alpha?
3 Dec 2021, 08:42 AM

Wow, looks like they're going to include a big variety of units into Coh3. Would work great for a community balance team so they can swap them out as needed to balance the game. Very cool.
8 Dec 2021, 16:45 PM

Has anyone dug in for the mp alpha?

Doesn't look like they added much besides a few new things like the Flak 88 for the Germans and their hull down, plus maybe a few units here and there.

Of course they also added the new portraits but from my quick glance that's pretty much it, at least on surface level.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★