Login

russian armor

CoH3 File digging

14 Jul 2021, 14:37 PM

So, its always exiting to look what alpha builds have hidden from us. So far I've managed to get army related stuff from attrib file here it is:

Seems like this part is structture\weapon related.

GERMAN

US

UK

DAK ROMMELBOI

LEFTOVERS
14 Jul 2021, 14:49 PM

RGDs, its not sorted and I didnt check them all, so post interesting finding for everyone to see

GERMAN

UK

US

Partisans

LEFTOVERS -- there are hell of a lot interesting stuff but its hard to group it
14 Jul 2021, 14:52 PM

Another chunk of Attrib files inludes abilities, some weapons and other stuff

Formated this chunk a bit

GERMAN

US

UK

DAK ROMMELBOI

LEFTOVERS
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 15:07 PM

It might be worth comparing these strings/attributes with ones that exist in CoH1 and 2, It's possible there are a lot of "dead" strings that are holdovers from previous games.

It's also a bit difficult to ascertain how much of this is stuff that has/will be cut, and exists only as something that has been tested/removed.

That said: Good work! With around 30 gigs in the alpha, I hope to see a lot of interesting assets/code being found/discussed.
14 Jul 2021, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 15:07 PMPip
It might be worth comparing these strings/attributes with ones that exist in CoH1 and 2, It's possible there are a lot of "dead" strings that are holdovers from previous games.

It's also a bit difficult to ascertain how much of this is stuff that has/will be cut, and exists only as something that has been tested/removed.

That said: Good work! With around 30 gigs in the alpha, I hope to see a lot of interesting assets/code being found/discussed.

I formated last post for better visability. Gonna format the other two
14 Jul 2021, 15:25 PM

Altight I did basic formating, so it should be easier to look thought them. But if anyone want to go deeper with the analysis you are more then welcomed.
14 Jul 2021, 15:50 PM

So speculation #1.

New battlegroups are listed in post #3. In post #2 we can actually see RDGs of mentioned abilities, all of them are marked like *_left_* and *_right_*

Relic said that battlegroups are consomisable and probably they will make a new ones aswell, this means that they are most like must be selected like CoH2 commanders.

While marking on the abilities themselfs from a battlegroups probably will have be unlocked like in vCoH with left and right wings repectively.
14 Jul 2021, 15:59 PM

14 Jul 2021, 16:12 PM

German inf
fallschirmjagers, fallschirmpioneers, fallschirmsniper, gebirgsjagers, grenadier, guastatori, jaeger, medic, officer, panzergrenadier, pioneer, sniper, stormtrooper, stormtrooper_officer

German vehicles:
brummbar, goliath, halftrack_251_mortar, halftrack_flak, halftrack_stummel, halftrack, kettenkrad, l6_40, marder_iii, nashorn, opel_blitz, panther, panzer_iv, stug_iii, tiger, nebelwerfer, wespe, wirbelwind, command PZ4, command Panther

Support units:
hmg42, mortar, 20mm_flak (emplacement), flak 88 (emplacement), at_gun_75mm, at_gun_lg40, howitzer_105mm, howitzer_75mm_leig, cannone_da_105, obice_210, nebelwerfer_150mm
14 Jul 2021, 16:26 PM

Battlegroups (commanders)

German:
dev_unlock_battlegroup_breakthrough_ger
dev_unlock_battlegroup_coastal_ger
dev_unlock_battlegroup_defense_ger
dev_unlock_battlegroup_mechanized_ger
dev_unlock_battlegroup_mountain_ger
dev_unlock_battlegroup_luftwaffe_ger

US:
dev_unlock_battlegroup_airborne_us
dev_unlock_battlegroup_armored_us
dev_unlock_battlegroup_infantry_us
dev_unlock_battlegroup_special_operations_us

UK:
dev_unlock_battlegroup_air_and_sea_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_british_armored_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_british_canadian_vanguard_uk
dev_unlock_battlegroup_indian_artillery_uk
14 Jul 2021, 16:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good stuff.

Interesting to see that there is the normal German faction but also partially an Afrika Korps. No Italians, but there is an Italian tank. They may have just not started working on the Italians at all. I really hope they don't have 2 German factions again.

DAK ROMMELBOI
This is obviously Deutsche Afrika Korps, Rommel. What could the BOI mean? Possibly it's only a campaign faction if they make a second Rommel in Africa campaign.
14 Jul 2021, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 16:43 PMTobis
What could the BOI mean?

Unfunny joke from me :blush: Its just DAK.
14 Jul 2021, 16:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Unfunny joke from me :blush: Its just DAK.

14 Jul 2021, 17:13 PM

US inf
captain, engineer, medic, paratrooper, pathfinder, ranger, riflemen, scout, sniper, ssf_commandos.

US vehicles:
chaffee_us, command_halftrack, gmc_truck, greyhound, halftrack, halftrack_assault, halftrack_medical, halftrack_quad, halftrack_75mm, hellcat, jeep, lee_m3, logistics_truck, m20_utility_car, m29_weasal, priest, scott_us, sherman_bulldozer, sherman_easy_8, sherman, sherman_whizbang (caliope), stuart

US support units:
mortar_pit_81mm, hmg_30cal, mortar_81mm, pack_howitzer, at_gun 57mm, 105mm_howitzer
14 Jul 2021, 17:18 PM

sniper

Oh for fucks sake
Both factions have snipers? Again? Is there people that really like 1 hit units that ignore the survivability of models and punish small squad size?
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 17:25 PM

Oh for fucks sake
Bpth factions have snipers? Again? Is there people that really like 1 hit units that ignore the survivability of models and punish small squad size?

It's far better that all factions have a sniper, than only some of them... though I would prefer that they all had Jaeger-style units instead of "real" snipers in the game. Squad sizes seem to be rather larger than CoH2 in almost all cases though, so perhaps it won't be QUITE as bad.
14 Jul 2021, 17:25 PM

UK inf:
canadian_heavy_infantry, canadian_light_infantry, commando_lmg, commando_uk, guards, gurkhas, indian, medic, sapper, sas_squad, sniper, tommy

UK tanks:
bishop, churchill_black_prince, churchil crock, churchill, command_churchill, crusader_57mm, crusader_aa, crusader, cwt_15, dingo, grant, humber, matilda, sherman_firefly, sherman, stuart, valentine, halftrack_m3, marmon_herrington, priest, archer

UK support units
bofors_emplacement, howitzer_25pdr, howitzer_bl_5_5, hmg_vickers, mortar_81mm, mortar_heavy_4_2, pack_howitzer_75mm, at_gun_17pd, at_gun_2pd, at_gun_6pdr
14 Jul 2021, 17:27 PM

Excuse me good sir but how did you gain access to the insides of the files?

I'm guessing either you used CoH2's tools or Corsix to open up the .SGA files?
14 Jul 2021, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 17:25 PMPip

It's far better that all factions have a sniper, than only some of them... though I would prefer that they all had Jaeger-style units instead of "real" snipers in the game. Squad sizes seem to be rather larger than CoH2 in almost all cases though, so perhaps it won't be QUITE as bad.

There's three men pioneers and scouts
14 Jul 2021, 17:33 PM

Updated german units a bit.

Excuse me good sir but how did you gain access to the insides of the files?

I'm guessing either you used CoH2's tools or Corsix to open up the .SGA files?

Nope. Its impossible to open them right now (at least without modifying them, which I dont know how, and it might not be even possible).

I used hex to extract contents from them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★