Login

russian armor

The devs did it again... Buffed B4 into the heaven

PAGES (13)down
16 Jun 2021, 22:36 PM

Since this night no one need skill anymore since you only need some B4 and cons with at package and all is done to bomb the enemy back into the stone age.

And yeah... Let's nerf hard axis arty... So they don't even have a valid counter anymore.what was the idea?

Loom stream. They laugh their ass of when using b4.

16 Jun 2021, 22:38 PM

Just use counter barrage for braindead counter.... OH WAIT, HAHAHA.
16 Jun 2021, 22:55 PM

IS IT CANCER? It looks cancery, but a lot less than before suppression was added. The meme cannon continues. Now get recon and off map it like the rest of us.
16 Jun 2021, 23:03 PM

Looked pretty nasty in a 3v3 game I just had, but I was on the opposite side of the map (town) on Lienne. Breathing in AT cons in the town after Puma made LV play suicide. Musta been naded about 7 times. No chance in hell of getting to the B-4 from that side. Saw at least one tank taken out in mid by the B-4. Old CB LEFH got nothing on this thing I suspect.
16 Jun 2021, 23:08 PM

Snip

Did its suppression work? Or did it just murder the infantry?
16 Jun 2021, 23:13 PM

Did its suppression work? Or did it just murder the infantry?

Didn't see, only a vehicle exploding after a shell. If there was any inf, they were not visible in the black smoke. Was breathing AT nades and tangling with the guy on left too much to look over much. Very noisy though, kept wondering if I was next.
17 Jun 2021, 00:03 AM

Yeah they managed to buff a unit they were trying to nerf. FailFish
17 Jun 2021, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 00:03 AMClarity
Yeah they managed to buff a unit they were trying to nerf. FailFish

No, they were trying to change it into something that deals more reliable damage. It used to be so unreliable that it was good only for meme games.
17 Jun 2021, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 00:10 AMGrumpy

No, they were trying to change it into something that deals more reliable damage. It used to be so unreliable that it was good only for meme games.

I know but they were still trying to nerf the unit by making it less of a nuker and more of a howitzer but instead basically just made it a much better ML-20. At least previously the ML-20 and B4 had their own roles. Now the B4 will probably just overshadow the ML-20.
17 Jun 2021, 00:34 AM

Saw this coming from a mile away. Possibly another JLI scenario from the balance team. Will wait and see how it plays out though.

While on the topic of the B4 it should have simply been a Pak 43 clone with Vet 1 ability to allow it to shoot its 1 big shot occasionally (with an ammo cost of course)

Instead they made it into an ML-20 that doesn't tickle things. This is what happens then they don't listen to feedback and instead push their own agendas from their own little group.
17 Jun 2021, 00:54 AM

They did listen to feedback. My feedback best i can tell. They didnt have good options. B-4 was almost homogenized into another ML/20, and then a weapon to surpass Metal Gear. I suggested 4 options, stay AT meme howi, covert to Pak43, make bigger ML/20, or.... add suppression while still hitting hard. They went for suppression, as its the only arty besides werfer that does that, giving it a unique vibe. It no longer lottos your P4s to death. Last night I hit the same Tiger 3 times with a B4, so it spent over half the game in repairs. Now it softens fortified positions before the big push, LITERALLY its IRL job.

Its so pretty.
17 Jun 2021, 01:12 AM

Saw this coming from a mile away. Possibly another JLI scenario from the balance team. Will wait and see how it plays out though.

While on the topic of the B4 it should have simply been a Pak 43 clone with Vet 1 ability to allow it to shoot its 1 big shot occasionally (with an ammo cost of course)

Instead they made it into an ML-20 that doesn't tickle things. This is what happens then they don't listen to feedback and instead push their own agendas from their own little group.

There were threads with multiple hundreds of posts requesting that they do something about the B4, including a long one where a lot of people wanted it in Tank Hunters. This wasn't an agenda from their "own little group", it was what a bunch of people were lobbying them to do. It wasn't any different when a group of people lobbied them to make the Panzerfusiliers CP0 and buff them to be similar to volks.

As for it "overshadowing" the ML20, the ML20 is "overshadowed" hard by the LEFH. The AOE seems about the same but the fewer shells means the LEFH vets faster and normally wins an arty duel. I don't think this patch will change that, other than eliminating the auto-win from counter battery.
17 Jun 2021, 01:21 AM

I've just used the B4. Still a meme gun, only more reliable. I don't think anyone can claim it as OP or UP just yet. Feels better though. Sure no more memes from Skippy but still, a great area denial tool. Much, much more reliable than it used to be.
17 Jun 2021, 05:48 AM

Just got absolutely obliterated by the B4 in a 4v4. We were doing well in the early game but once the B4 was out it was a slow and agonizing bleed of squads and manpower. Made it impossible to keep a forward reinforce point or OKW truck alive. None of us had a large off map call in like a stuka bomb though because we were unprepared by how strong the B4 was. I think something definitely needs to be done to nerf it, as it stands its just an ML20 that shoots nukes. Maybe turn it into an anti tank weapon?
17 Jun 2021, 05:53 AM

Sounds like playing vs lefh without call-ins. Get call-ins. A swath of good commanders still have some form of snipe, Railroad, Frag Bombs, 152mm barrage.

OKW has a nondoc recon plane, OST has a variety of commanders with Recon.
LDV
17 Jun 2021, 06:04 AM
17 Jun 2021, 06:39 AM

Krama come around, huh :D
17 Jun 2021, 07:21 AM

There was so many way to make it not op:
Some examples:
- Give it a ammo price per use
- give it a huge popcap... Or u can have 6 or 7 and make it only 1 or 2 buildable
- give it a much longer shooting cd
- nerf the dmg
- give it something like an indicator where the shells land... Like red flares or give it a loud sound when shooting.

Or or or..
17 Jun 2021, 07:30 AM

There was so many way to make it not op:
Some examples:
- Give it a ammo price per use

Hahahahahaha.

- give it a huge popcap... Or u can have 6 or 7 and make it only 1 or 2 buildable

Why? It does much less overall damage then ML-20 potentially, so by your logic, it should get huge popcap DECREASE, so you can get more.
- give it a much longer shooting cd

You mean like exactly what they did?
- nerf the dmg

You mean like exactly what they did?
- give it something like an indicator where the shells land... Like red flares or give it a loud sound when shooting.

Which indirect fire unit does that?

You're clueless so much it hurts.

The goal was to BUFF it, because it was irrelevant RNG meme unit.
It was made theoretically into more reliable one, so it can be expected for it to hit something.

Its still much weaker then ML-20 and if its wiping your whole armies, ML-20 would do exactly the same thing, but better.

Stop camping and blobbing.
17 Jun 2021, 07:55 AM

Festival of aliesop threads is now open
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak