Login

russian armor

Vote for updated commander portraits

4 Apr 2021, 16:50 PM

Bump for visibility.
28 Apr 2021, 16:57 PM

Maybe I suggest that:
1) Reduce the light refection of OWK/Ostheer cap

2) Avoid using the Storm troopers camo with black lines. I am not sure what has inspired this camo pattern but it does ring bell to me and it existed it would probably be rare.

In addition the black color is too strong and look unrealistic if it used is should imo be "broken" to be more dark grey than black.

3) UKF commander portraits for AER and Mobile assault are wrong in the patch version
28 Apr 2021, 17:10 PM

A lot of armies use black in their camouflage patterns. Nothing unrealistic about that in itself.
28 Apr 2021, 17:19 PM

A lot of armies use black in their camouflage patterns. Nothing unrealistic about that in itself.

Think you missed my point.

Regardless if black is used in camo or not (and as I have pointed out the specific camo pattern looks unfamiliar to German camo patterns) black lines in drawing usually mark the edge of items and thus look unrealistic in camo patterns the include thin lines. Changing to color to very dark grey reduces the blurring between camo lines and objects edges.
28 Apr 2021, 17:27 PM

The black meandering lines on the Stormtrooper camo are obviously part of the camouflage itself, not drawing lines. This isn't kindergarten.
28 Apr 2021, 17:30 PM

The black meandering lines on the Stormtrooper camo are obviously part of the camouflage itself, not drawing lines. This isn't kindergarten.

I know they are never said they where not what I have said is that imo they would be better if they color used was not black but very dark grey.
28 Jun 2021, 18:40 PM

these look amazing, so yes please into the game with them.
28 Jun 2021, 19:44 PM

I myself would heavily prefer it if we were just to keep the old portraits (although I would support replacing the "new" OST and UKF Commanders (Lend Lease and Tiger ace). Your versions are a big improvement over them)

Some of them look a bit strange (for instance the eyepatch on the one OKW Tiger commander does look a look a bit off and so does the uniform of the Osttruppen commander + the head on the right Tiger Ace commander) Also the "outline" of the pictures looks sometimes a bit odd (what I mean is that the transition is a bit too rough for instance the elephant commander has this beige bar above his head) And I also feel like the Stamps on some of the OST commanders give some additional complexity to their portraits which here seems to be missing

Also I am not really fond of the idea of adding even more Waffen SS Commanders nor having to get used to these new portraits (some do look very different to their original or similar to other commanders afterall)
29 Jun 2021, 07:01 AM

I think it would be cool for Cavalry Riflemen to use camouflage skin. Based on WW.II U.S. Infantry 2nd Armored Division Normandy 1944.

29 Jun 2021, 11:30 AM

Hello!

As some of you know, we with Kasarov created pack of adjusted commander portraits for the CoH2. More detailed information you can find there: https://www.coh2.org/topic/105654/adjusted-commander-portraits

Question is simple. If it was possible, do you want to see them in the game?
Some commanders will be updated to match with new ability roaster, since announced commanders patch is huge.

Some comparison pictures, created by Sander93

Main goal - standartisation in location, colors, and used assets on the portrait, so you can clearly recognise type of the commander.
Here are two examples with Tiger and Guards commanders. As you can see, they now have a standardised look (coat/cape) for the key commander ability/theme.

This thread is for vote.

Thank you!

Is there a chance any of this actually gets to live?
29 Jun 2021, 13:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is there a chance any of this actually gets to live?

We're still working on some legal issues with Relic and SEGA who are very busy atm. Perhaps some of these may make it in next patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment