Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
28 Apr 2021, 02:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 21:34 PMChukiki

R u kidding me? Partisan reinforcement cost ONLY???
THey need to have free ppsh, 5 men squad, cost 20mp to reinforce.
each commander should be strong in its theme, Partisans are not intimidating at all.

Right!More love to Partisan,even change it to Soviet low version StormTroops also could work
28 Apr 2021, 16:58 PM

IL2 loiter to return to Guard Rifle Combined Arms plz.
28 Apr 2021, 19:48 PM

Airborne Guards

CP requirement from 3 to 2

Any reason left for this unit to be an infiltration unit?
With 6 SVT is the most powerful infiltration unit on spawn while it overlaps with Partisans.

Keep the CP 2 but change it to a normal call-in.
29 Apr 2021, 06:40 AM

Maxim still can not fire from the new bunker. It this an issue that can not be fixed change it so that maxim and RW can not enter bunkers.
30 Apr 2021, 10:20 AM

Since Assault Guard have undergone a rework, and since they are currently just in 2 doctrines, it could be a good idea to replace Guard Infantry in Guard Motor Coordination tactics or Mechanized support with Assault Guards. Both doctrines are themed around Mechanized units and Assault Guards fit better the description of Mechanized infantry
30 Apr 2021, 10:22 AM

Since Assault Guard have undergone a rework, and since they are currently just in 2 doctrines, it could be a good idea to replace Guard Infantry in Guard Motor Coordination tactics or Mechanized support with Assault Guards. Both doctrines are themed around Mechanized units and Assault Guards fit better the description of Mechanized infantry

That would be a completely unneeded and unjustified nerf.
1 May 2021, 00:12 AM

Regarding the B4:
Why not give it less AoE, but strong suppression?

It would "explain" the huge explosion and give visually satisfying feedback without forcing huge AoE damage to achieve this effect (a big explosion with little AoE will break immersion. Suppression effects might this discrepancy). It would also ensure that it will be used as a support weapon, since the suppression will quickly wear off if combat is not started immediately.

Suddenly it has something that sets it apart from the howitzer and can still win a fight decisively.

Oh why not nerf the killing power it has to add a bit of suppression... no bro no thanks. why not add suppression and keep the little killing power it has
1 May 2021, 06:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2021, 10:22 AMKatitof

That would be a completely unneeded and unjustified nerf.
1 of the very few comments of your that I can agree with.
MMX
1 May 2021, 07:18 AM

Oh why not nerf the killing power it has to add a bit of suppression... no bro no thanks. why not add suppression and keep the little killing power it has

thing is, that 'little' killing power the live B-4 has basically just got increased by a factor of 3 in the beta... at least in cases where you can't leave the killing zone fast enough, such as being shelled by a B-4 barrage upon retreating back to base. i can already feel this potentially becoming an issue in 1v1s and i don't even want to imagine the flood of tears about to drown this forum once multiple B-4s start raining death in 3v3 and higher on a regular basis.
now don't get me wrong, i like the fact that the B-4 might be more than just a meme-cannon in 1v1s if the current changes go live. personally i also couldn't care less about the havok the reworked B-4 may be causing in 4v4s since neither do i play nor enjoy watching games in that mode - but there are a lot of people who do and hence a rework of some sort might turn out necessary. added utility in exchange for raw killing power could be one
one way to approach this without upsetting the balance in solo and team games too much.
1 May 2021, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2021, 07:18 AMMMX

thing is, that 'little' killing power the live B-4 has basically just got increased by a factor of 3 in the beta... at least in cases where you can't leave the killing zone fast enough, such as being shelled by a B-4 barrage upon retreating back to base. i can already feel this potentially becoming an issue in 1v1s and i don't even want to imagine the flood of tears about to drown this forum once multiple B-4s start raining death in 3v3 and higher on a regular basis.
now don't get me wrong, i like the fact that the B-4 might be more than just a meme-cannon in 1v1s if the current changes go live. personally i also couldn't care less about the havok the reworked B-4 may be causing in 4v4s since neither do i play nor enjoy watching games in that mode - but there are a lot of people who do and hence a rework of some sort might turn out necessary. added utility in exchange for raw killing power could be one
one way to approach this without upsetting the balance in solo and team games too much.

You are absolutely right about 3v3/4vs4. Can we just keep it useful and hardcap it a 1? I know there are situations where it will be decrewed and you could build a second one if you wait to crew it again. But spam would be hampered at least. You could further obstruct a decrew mechanic, if you put in a timer, so it can't be build about 60 to 90 sec after you lost your B4 (similar to Heavy Tank call-ins).
2 May 2021, 17:09 PM

I agree that the IL-2 was replaced with a useless IL-2 strafe, effectively removing the ability from the game.

This is what irks me most about the Soviet changes. It's a purely anti-infantry strafe and does very little damage to tanks. Meanwhile, there's multiple loiter options for Wehr and two really good ones for OKW....
2 May 2021, 22:41 PM

and two really good ones for OKW....

I am quite sure that the only decent OKW loiter is Sector Assault, ever since they changed it to be a copy paste of Wehrmacht loiter
3 May 2021, 01:54 AM

So the new Partisans feel much better on the grand scale in terms of performance.

Popping them out of a building and waiting 15 seconds for the upgrade is a little awkward in terms of actually putting into motion any plans you have since during that 15 seconds they have to quickly get to cover and the situation can't have changed regarding your intention for the Partisans, but ultimately even if your goal of flanking an MG/At Gun goes under you can still move the Partisans over to a point and quickly decap and make your opponent have to go respond which has it's own merits since an Engineer will outright lose to 4man Partisans while a cheeky grenade can turn the tide even against mainlines or elites.

The 5th man though is a genuine buff that Partisans really needed for actually being able to contribute past the initial ambush. Not only does the 5th man ensure that later game ambushes actually work so that the Partisans can win, but a 5 Man Partisan squad on a retreat path actually has the capability to wipe squads now if able to get into position and since Partisans can actually win fights now, a Vet 3 Partisan Squad can actually happen and they're legitimately pretty deadly.

Do I think this doctrine is going to be "meta" good? hell no, Partisans still fall over like paper mache and once your opponent knows they exist it becomes harder to enact a successful ambush, but if you want to play something unique or curveball your game I don't think Partisans are a complete meme anymore. Ultimately good change.
3 May 2021, 05:06 AM

I want mp40 partysans, like stormtroopers, but better
MMX
3 May 2021, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2021, 01:54 AMJPA32
So the new Partisans feel much better on the grand scale in terms of performance.
[...]

yeah i agree that smg partisans are pretty decent now in the beta. their new stats support the role change from expendable one-trick pony to usable infiltration unit quite well. i wish they'd get some more unique mechanics to differentiate them from other infiltration squads, such as on-field reinforcement of some sort, but they're at least worthwhile now.
however, at partisans still feel pretty underwhelming the more the game progresses. the AT the single schreck provides is just too low to be useful against anything bigger than light vehicles, so you're almost forced into multiple squads to pose a reasonable threat to tanks. plus, iirc they still reinforce at 37 mp per model and will thus bleed you like crazy in the long run. would be great if they received a buff to their alpha strike capabilities (maybe increased damage on top of the accuracy bonus for the first shot out of stealth) or a slight reinforcement cost adjustment to make up for their lackluster performance.
3 May 2021, 06:13 AM

Maybe partisans should be 5 men by default. 5 men with a single shreck is alright, even if you are paying for that shrek, perhaps with lower quantity non-tracking AT nades PTRS cons have. Shreck partisans made sense as a throw away last hit unit, but now the shreck upgrade seem redundant.
3 May 2021, 08:13 AM

hey guys what about bren LMG for Assault Guards @60 muni. Bren LMG's were given to Soviets as part of lends lease, so historically accurate too.
4 May 2021, 08:14 AM

Imo sprint for Dshk should be replaced by something else.
4 May 2021, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2021, 08:14 AMVipper
Imo sprint for Dshk should be replaced by something else.
like what????
A transient increase in arch???
4 May 2021, 18:33 PM

Ostheer mortar
Ostheer mortar halftrack
OKW Leig

These non-heavy fuel investments artys stand NO CHANCE against 120mm. You have to rush werfer or stuka (or even lock yourself into a doctrine with LeFH (easily counterable with offmaps)) and even then, the thing can escape with *1 MAN ALIVE* in a 6-men crew. Can even self spot...

I propose that 120mm costs fuel, make it a serious investment because right now its a no brainer to go 2x120mm on certain heavily favoured maps. You wanna have arty supremacy or wanna rush crutch T70? But not both, it even comes in VERY VERY good doctrines with shocks, DshKs, or guards, come on.
PAGES (40)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS