Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
27 Apr 2021, 12:44 PM

Everyone just keeps talking about B4, while Soviets have a lot more issues.
-Nerfed SU85, ZIs gun (which makes SU85 the worst TD)
-120mm mortar flare ability locked behind vet 1
-underpowered kv8,kv2
-no spotting abilities
-conscripts with no weapon upgrades
-no forward HQ
-overpriced guards with useless button ability that nobody uses anymore (mp and ammo)
-cannon fodder partisans (210 mp waste)
-most of the commanders being just useless because of overnerfed commander abilities or units

List goes on and on, but i dont wanna repeat myself anymore, u can look my comments up. And people keep focusing here on a "meme" weapon. Just sad where this thread is going
27 Apr 2021, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 12:44 PMChukiki
-Nerfed SU85, ZIs gun (which makes SU85 the worst TD)
-120mm mortar flare ability locked behind vet 1
-underpowered kv8,kv2
-no spotting abilities
-conscripts with no weapon upgrades
-no forward HQ
-overpriced guards with useless button ability that nobody uses anymore (mp and ammo)
-cannon fodder partisans (210 mp waste)
-most of the commanders being just useless because of overnerfed commander abilities or units

List goes on and on, but i dont wanna repeat myself anymore, u can look my comments up. And people keep focusing here on a "meme" weapon. Just sad where this thread is going

- ZIS Gun barrage maybe a little bit too much nerfed, SU-85 is okay for its price
- 120mm gets new vet1 ability and reload buff, will be valuable now
- KV-2 is really great, kV-8 maybe a bit underwhelming in the bigger team games
- Spotting: Vet0 mortar flare? It cost mun, but its great. Also T70 recon mode without cost.
- 7th man is an upgrade too, that buffs combat performance
- FHQ at Urban Defense Tactics and Airborne rally points at Airborne Troops Tactics
- standard Guards feel a little bit weak in comparison to other soviet elite troops indeed
- Partisans need a complete rework, they just bleed you too much
- there are 22 soviet commanders (as well as Ostheer), some of them very similar, you'll never make all of them valuable, it would be great if there would be 6-8 equally good (but different) commanders to choose from already
27 Apr 2021, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 12:44 PMChukiki

It's about keeping the game fun for everyone. Imagine doing 1v1 automatch as OST or OKW and getting your stuff wiped out consistently after retreat. You know there are people who play every side. Just take a look at the tourneys, teams and players switch sides all the time.
MMX
27 Apr 2021, 14:35 PM

B4 needs attention. I did several tests with shelling enemy base, after 3 squads with full health retreated to base from opposite directions. B4 was placed near my base at Crossroads. Shelling was done with recon overflight

Here is a screenshot of the aftermath from 1 volley.

Even this is an outlier, the results are consistently deadly. Sometimes B4 even managed to knock out a full health med bunker, or wipe full health squad. This is way too effective.

Agree the new B-4 might be a bit too powerful in these scenarios. While people are rightfully concerned about the OHK radius, in my opinion the more concerning feature of the revamped AoE profile is that basically everything on legs that gets hit ever so slightly by two shells will get two-shotted. Distance from the impact doesn't matter, since even at the max AoE distance of 12 m each shell will still do over 40 damage. Maybe a reduction of the far AoE damage below the 40HP threshold is necessary to keep the B-4's squad-wiping capabilities in check - especially when fired into the enemy base.
27 Apr 2021, 14:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Regarding the B4:
Why not give it less AoE, but strong suppression?

It would "explain" the huge explosion and give visually satisfying feedback without forcing huge AoE damage to achieve this effect (a big explosion with little AoE will break immersion. Suppression effects might this discrepancy). It would also ensure that it will be used as a support weapon, since the suppression will quickly wear off if combat is not started immediately.

Suddenly it has something that sets it apart from the howitzer and can still win a fight decisively.
MMX
27 Apr 2021, 14:50 PM

Regarding the B4:

It would "explain" the huge explosion and give visually satisfying feedback (a big explosion with little AoE effect will break immersion. Suppression effects might mitigate that). It would also ensure that it will be used as a support weapon, since the suppression will quickly wear off if combat is not started immediately.

Suddenly it has something that sets it apart from the howitzer and can still win a fight decisively.

Yeah, I'd also think this might work. A similar idea has come up every now and then for the Sturmtiger as well, and such a rework could potentially transform both into a more support-oriented indirect fire platform. Something like a shell shock debuff for infantry that makes it more susceptible to incoming attacks (either via received acc or bonus dmg) could be added, too, if suppression alone turns out to be underwhelming.
27 Apr 2021, 16:46 PM

Why is there only 1 commander now with IL2 loiter. The JU87D is most powerful loiter in the game. And it's available in several docs (Blitzm Lightning war, Jaeger Infantry). The IL2 loiter should be at least in 2 commanders.
27 Apr 2021, 18:36 PM

Why is there only 1 commander now with IL2 loiter. The JU87D is most powerful loiter in the game. And it's available in several docs (Blitzm Lightning war, Jaeger Infantry). The IL2 loiter should be at least in 2 commanders.

I agree that the IL-2 was replaced with a useless IL-2 strafe, effectively removing the ability from the game.
27 Apr 2021, 18:56 PM

Regarding the B4:

It would "explain" the huge explosion and give visually satisfying feedback without forcing huge AoE damage to achieve this effect (a big explosion with little AoE will break immersion. Suppression effects might this discrepancy). It would also ensure that it will be used as a support weapon, since the suppression will quickly wear off if combat is not started immediately.

. I'd like to see it with the stun effect on infantry. Mostly because it would make it stand out....

As for damage in the base sector I've said before-the base should provide a damage reduction. Anyone fighting out of the base is already on the back foot and it would prevent ANY base bombing to be lessened. They applied it to the ambulance so clearly there is some good in the idea...
27 Apr 2021, 19:11 PM

As for damage in the base sector I've said before-the base should provide a damage reduction. Anyone fighting out of the base is already on the back foot and it would prevent ANY base bombing to be lessened. They applied it to the ambulance so clearly there is some good in the idea...

Yes, this please, although only on infantry. Base dives should be still viable, because rocket arty is 160 hp, and once you add this buff they become 2 hit kill on base sector.
27 Apr 2021, 20:05 PM

Yes, this please, although only on infantry. Base dives should be still viable, because rocket arty is 160 hp, and once you add this buff they become 2 hit kill on base sector.

Could also just lower the health of rocket arty to something like 120. Then infantry AT on a flank can take out rockets, as can Puma or a heroic flank with an su76. Then with even a 25% damage reduction rockets would still die to a proper tank.
27 Apr 2021, 20:28 PM

almost forgot:
reverse the sniper nerf. View of sigvht should be high.
Or do u actually think A sniper owns no scope????
Last update was the worst ever.
Sniper needed a BUFF not a nerf!
27 Apr 2021, 20:33 PM

Could also just lower the health of rocket arty to something like 120. Then infantry AT on a flank can take out rockets, as can Puma or a heroic flank with an su76. Then with even a 25% damage reduction rockets would still die to a proper tank.

nuh, it completely screws up vehicle engagements near base sector. But the most simple fix is to revert all the B4 changes and leave it as it was - a 1 shot RNG meme cannon.
27 Apr 2021, 20:44 PM

Also, why are panzerwerfer and even more so katyhusha crap? katyusha cant hit anythiing unless i bring it in dangerous tank range.

And t70 nerfed?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!. .....................................
The axis counter light tank is just as good and costs 40 fuel???
t70 costs more yet isnt better anymore.
ALso another retarded change.
27 Apr 2021, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 20:44 PMChukiki
Also, why are panzerwerfer and even more so katyhusha crap? katyusha cant hit anythiing unless i bring it in dangerous tank range.

Both of those units are completely fine. They saturate the area and really mess up both infantry and team weapons. If your bringing close to tanks your doing something wrong.
27 Apr 2021, 21:13 PM

ML20 smoke barrage should free!
Reduce partisan reinforcement cost!
27 Apr 2021, 21:34 PM

ML20 smoke barrage should free!
Reduce partisan reinforcement cost!

R u kidding me? Partisan reinforcement cost ONLY???
THey need to have free ppsh, 5 men squad, cost 20mp to reinforce.
each commander should be strong in its theme, Partisans are not intimidating at all.
27 Apr 2021, 22:07 PM

I think it would be nice if partisans could reinforce near ambient buildings while out of combat excluding weapons manned by them. Really fits the unit and also fixes awkward 5 men upgrade.
28 Apr 2021, 00:24 AM

I think it would be nice if partisans could reinforce near ambient buildings while out of combat excluding weapons manned by them. Really fits the unit and also fixes awkward 5 men upgrade.

might be tough to code, and certainly a balance nightmare and extremely map dependent (not that partisans arnt...) letting them build a camod reinforce point just for them would be acceptable though
PAGES (40)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS