Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
20 Apr 2021, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2021, 12:54 PMVipper

Mobile Assault Regiment in the patch it replaces Advanced Cover Combat.

ok tnx
20 Apr 2021, 13:00 PM

ok tnx

Glad that I could help.
20 Apr 2021, 13:35 PM

wait, from which commander are those Raid IS available? Or did I miss something?

While they're an interesting idea, it still amounts to another ninja nerf because these are not available until 1 CP. In most games you'll need your core infantry before then, at least in 4v4. Maybe they're a better unit in 1v1. If these are 1 CP, Assault Grens should be also.
20 Apr 2021, 13:48 PM

I think advanced emplacements regiment is not a good commander. Mostly because I don’t like emplacements, and because it’s so one dimensional.

I agree that Advanced Emplacement Regiment is terrible. In my opinion this commander is one of the worst in the game. Quite literally hot garbage.

Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Defensive Operations

This was semi useful before in the past when Royal Engineers (Sappers) were in Tier 2. It could allow you to rush an emplacement out quickly instead of waiting for your Engineer to hit the field and then get to the spot you are trying to hold. Now that Royal Engineers are in T1, it is pointless and not needed anymore.

Improved Fortification
This was the highlight of the commander and the best reason to get it. Having your mortar pit able to survive against more than one enemy mortar (or LEIG) was worth it alone. I don't think the new changes are enough to warrant the loss of survivability that this gave.

Advanced Assembly
Why do we have 2 Repair based abilities in the same commander. This should be merged into Defensive Operations or Improved Fortifications. Also the Repair Radius needs to be vastly increased (along with all other repair station abilities) so that you can spread them out and have them cover a single tank as opposed to putting them right on top of each other so that a single call in artillery strike could take it out. This is basically throwing Manpower in the trash due to how easy the building is to kill and the fact that they have to be so close together.

If Advanced Assembly gets merged into Defensive Operations/Improved Fortification then we can can add something useful to the commander. Literally anything would be fine over the current implementation.
20 Apr 2021, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2021, 13:35 PMGrumpy

While they're an interesting idea, it still amounts to another ninja nerf because these are not available until 1 CP. In most games you'll need your core infantry before then, at least in 4v4. Maybe they're a better unit in 1v1. If these are 1 CP, Assault Grens should be also.

There is no ninja nerf.
Raid section where CP 1 from that start:

"Raid Section

1 CP; Starts as a 5 Man squad. Does not get the received accuracy cover bonus of regular infantry sections, but also does not get the weapon penalties when fighting out of cover. Captures/decapatures points 33% faster over normal sections. Builds items 50% slower.
Can be upgraded with a Vickers K LMG. Has access to Fast-Throwing Molotovs and Sprint abilities. "

They also have little to do with assault grens or assualt IS that is.
20 Apr 2021, 14:55 PM

Soviet already got a mg bunker in the beta so i dont see the reason why ukf cant have one. "asymmetric" is a very poor excuse just like saying ukf dont need light infantry cause they have sections and sniper so they they can grip on the lame raid section.

On the other hand, The British mg bunker is the best looking bunker in the game to me. I will delete emplacement from tommy to have that bunker, the 50% built time penalty and sapper being in t1 already make building emplacement by tommy very redundant.

Agreed, I think there's a lack of "unit (and ability) diversity" when it comes to most commanders, for a lack of better term, which can be easily fixed by again just looking at people's ideas and suggestions and especially mods like the All Units one and others that do a lot of new, interesting and whacky stuff that just works.

I absolutely see no reason as to why most of the stuff the community has already made and tested that works isn't put in officially but yeah, I guess maybe in CoH3 or never, who knows.
20 Apr 2021, 15:55 PM

Raid Section

The closer Raid Section gets to a mid-short range squad the less sense it makes sense in Mobile Assault which already has commandos that are very similar to Raid Section's niche when equiped with Brens. Personally I find it hard to envision using both units in a build and see most players just using one or the other. I still think Raid Section makes more sense in Vanguard myself...
20 Apr 2021, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

I really don't know why the mod team wants to shove raid sections into mobile assault. It's too much doctrinal infantry in one doctrine, and its not like you can replace your mainlines with either at current CP setups.

Also, enough with the Thompsons on UKF please. For the love of god, give the raid section leader a sten with a new profile, or a stormtrooper mp40, or anything else. British forces rarely used the Thompson this late in the war (mainly down in Italy), and the Thompson is getting used way too much throughout the game IMO. There are historical references for British (well, Canadian) troops using stolen German automatic weaponry to supplement their own.
20 Apr 2021, 18:57 PM

Another thing is that the mortar team dont come back to lend lease assault, which leave a hole again in the early game bo compare to the original version of lend lease. The aim is to give the Commander some late game off map but if the trade off is losing one out of two reason to pick the Commander from the beginning then it is simply not worth.

On the off map it self, strafing support basically turn lend lease into a worse version of vanguard with less scaling infantry (ass sections vs commando) and worse late game armour (vanguard have the croc). Back then when i heard that some off map with be add to the Commander, i was hoping that it will be some artillery like precision barrage from emplacement regiment, or better make a 155 clone for the theme (British did use 155mm long tom gun provided by the us). Being able to counter howitzer will make the Commander way more attractive in all mode, but now we have a half-vanguard Commander and no more mobile indirect for early game.
20 Apr 2021, 19:02 PM

And i want to ask the mod team to confirm that whether or not the scope lee Enfield animation has been lost in the 64 bit version, so that i can stop suggesting using them.
21 Apr 2021, 09:04 AM

Another thing is that the mortar team dont come back to lend lease assault, which leave a hole again in the early game bo compare to the original version of lend lease. The aim is to give the Commander some late game off map but if the trade off is losing one out of two reason to pick the Commander from the beginning then it is simply not worth.

On the off map it self, strafing support basically turn lend lease into a worse version of vanguard with less scaling infantry (ass sections vs commando) and worse late game armour (vanguard have the croc). Back then when i heard that some off map with be add to the Commander, i was hoping that it will be some artillery like precision barrage from emplacement regiment, or better make a 155 clone for the theme (British did use 155mm long tom gun provided by the us). Being able to counter howitzer will make the Commander way more attractive in all mode, but now we have a half-vanguard Commander and no more mobile indirect for early game.

One more commander with option to counter howitzer is always nice espiecialy if you think about that brits have only one commander with 200muni offmap that kills howitzers and that commander sux
Pip
21 Apr 2021, 13:18 PM

Although I don't overly like the current implementation of Raid Sections: I don't really see any reason they shouldnt be CP0. Other "mainline" doctrinal infantry choices are CP0, do Raid sections actually provide any esoteric functionality that makes their delaying necessary?
21 Apr 2021, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 13:18 PMPip
Although I don't overly like the current implementation of Raid Sections: I don't really see any reason they shouldnt be CP0. Other "mainline" doctrinal infantry choices are CP0, do Raid sections actually provide any esoteric functionality that makes their delaying necessary?

Yes, they are superior to the mainline infatry having more durability and DPS, no cover restriction, free weapons upgrade/grenades.

They also allow UKF to rush to T3 and get tank out without having to invest anything in infatry tech yet have access to all of it (bolster/grenades/weapons).
21 Apr 2021, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 13:18 PMPip

Want to back that up. I'm all in for alternatives to the british standard IS builds. Raid sections should be balanced around coming at 0CP as a mainline alternative or as a supplement unit. You can grant a performance upgrade at a later tech stage if needed.
21 Apr 2021, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 13:55 PMVipper

Yes, they are superior to the mainline infatry having more durability and DPS, no cover restriction, free weapons upgrade/grenades.

They also allow UKF to rush to T3 and get tank out without having to invest anything in infatry tech yet have access to all of it (bolster/grenades/weapons).

You could always lock grenades/sprint/whatever behind Tier 1 and start them on cooldown (or make them buildable) so that the squad isn't too oppressive at CP0. I feel like CP0 Raid Sections are the only way that you can make them work in a doctrine that also has Commandos.
21 Apr 2021, 16:24 PM

You could always lock grenades/sprint/whatever behind Tier 1 and start them on cooldown (or make them buildable) so that the squad isn't too oppressive at CP0. I feel like CP0 Raid Sections are the only way that you can make them work in a doctrine that also has Commandos.

And in your opinion bolstered IS are not oppressive before minute one?

Locking behind Tier 1 help very little especially since the unit get weapon upgrade at T3 for free give more reason for player to rush T3 which is quite cheap for UKF if they skip tech (which in these case they do not need).

CP 0 raid section are simply OP regardless of commandos or which will probably see little action if one spams RS anyway.

The unit and commander has issues but further buffing one of the most popular commanders by giving access to 5 men section at CP will not fix any of the all these problems.
21 Apr 2021, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 16:24 PMVipper
CP 0 raid section are simply OP regardless of commandos or which will probably see little action if one spams RS anyway.
Where is the problem, they simply can be balanced around their timing. Multiple doctrinal units come at CP0 either buildable or as a call-in on cooldown. They are balanced at their timing too.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 16:24 PMVipper
The unit and commander has issues but further buffing one of the most popular commanders by giving access to 5 men section at CP will not fix any of the all these problems.

Yeah, would be more interesting at a commander with no doctrinal infantry units up to now.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS