24 May 2021, 11:52 AM

OKW still a meme after this patch.
24 May 2021, 13:01 PM

This isn't a balance patch, it's just about commanders
Pip
24 May 2021, 14:22 PM

I mean, Commanders are a fairly major factor in factional balance. Changes to commanders' abilities and units are just as important in making factions usable/balanced as changes to their core rosters.
24 May 2021, 14:24 PM

There's still a good amount balance being done if you look at the patch notes. Also bug fixes. Tuning commanders is balancing. Looking forward to it going live
24 May 2021, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 14:22 PMPip

I mean, Commanders are a fairly major factor in factional balance. Changes to commanders' abilities and units are just as important in making factions usable/balanced as changes to their core rosters.

Sure if your faction has no major flaws in their stock line up like Sovs or Ost. But no commander, unless its omega broken, can make a weak faction like Brits viable.

About Ostheer: Are you guys sure about Lightning War Doctrine in 1vs1/2vs2 and Fortified Armor Doctrine in 3vs3/4vs4?
Both of these seem way too powerful now. Lightning War is solid now but it gets 3 straight buffs while it has heavy tank call-in, sprinting g43 Grens/Pgrens, powerful call-in arty and fast reinforcement. I can already see the abuse with forward reinforcement and Relief Infantry.
Pip
24 May 2021, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 15:51 PMGeblobt

Sure if your faction has no major flaws in their stock line up like Sovs or Ost. But no commander, unless its omega broken, can make a weak faction like Brits viable.

Oh, I definitely agree. The WFA (UKF in particular) seriously need their stock rosters looking at, still. OKW and USF are fairly close to "good" (OKW pretty much have all the tools they might want, other than dedicated lategame AI, but some of their tools are a little lacking. USF's toolset is strong, but there are some obvious, exploitable holes)

UKF desperately need several new units/their existing units rebalancing, or they'll forever be a pointless gimmick faction. They can honestly still have their "defensive" identity, with sections being basically "pure" cover-fighters, and Sappers being more than just an Engineer; acting as a "real" offensive-mainline to support Sections. The Officer should also have the utility functions that Sections currently have, and act as the faction's "problem solver". These utilities can then be strengthened by the fact they're more limited. Make the Officer the "starter" unit for UKF, and make it function more like the Raid section out of the gate.

They obviously also need some real indirect in their stock roster.
24 May 2021, 19:51 PM

Despite their low WR in 1v1, OKW has highest WR in all 2v2~4v4.

I'd say boost late-game power of volks and call it a day. Might need to balance things out for 2v2~4v4 as well.(like change timing of walking stuka as I've mentioned in a diffrent post. No harm done on 1v1, yet nerfing 2v2~4v4.)
24 May 2021, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 16:29 PMPip

Oh, I definitely agree. The WFA (UKF in particular) seriously need their stock rosters looking at, still. OKW and USF are fairly close to "good" (OKW pretty much have all the tools they might want, other than dedicated lategame AI, but some of their tools are a little lacking. USF's toolset is strong, but there are some obvious, exploitable holes)

UKF desperately need several new units/their existing units rebalancing, or they'll forever be a pointless gimmick faction. They can honestly still have their "defensive" identity, with sections being basically "pure" cover-fighters, and Sappers being more than just an Engineer; acting as a "real" offensive-mainline to support Sections. The Officer should also have the utility functions that Sections currently have, and act as the faction's "problem solver". These utilities can then be strengthened by the fact they're more limited. Make the Officer the "starter" unit for UKF, and make it function more like the Raid section out of the gate.

They obviously also need some real indirect in their stock roster.

Can't agree more to this post.
Pip
24 May 2021, 20:33 PM

Despite their low WR in 1v1, OKW has highest WR in all 2v2~4v4.

I'd say boost late-game power of volks and call it a day. Might need to balance things out for 2v2~4v4 as well.(like change timing of walking stuka as I've mentioned in a diffrent post. No harm done on 1v1, yet nerfing 2v2~4v4.)

The issues with 3v3 and 4v4 are related to critical mass and concentration of force, as well as poor map design. While the Stuka is strong, the real culprit is units like the Panther, heavy TDs (and their reduced vulnerability), as well as oversaturation of Artillery in general. At least as far as I can tell.

Unit caps and improved map design would probably be the direction to go in for teamgame balance, neither of which would meaningfully impact 1v1-2v2.

26 May 2021, 09:01 AM

1v1 OKW is a meme indeed. I'm a top 100 USF and OKW, its really easy to play USF 1v1 compared to the OKW who needs to counter at least 3 factions.

SOV needs to just sandbag all the way until their heavy comes-in
USF just need to blob
UKF you always need to use doctrine with JL

Sturm just so many things to do in order to win (repairs, go back home for medkit, and too expensive reinforce)

You go healing structure, you are forced to use rak as counter LV and M armors early game losing lots of man power

26 May 2021, 10:20 AM

1v1 OKW is a meme indeed. I'm a top 100 OKW

Cope
Seethe
L2P
repeat
26 May 2021, 10:28 AM

Cope
Seethe
L2P
repeat

My bad, it was a few months ago (leaderboard). I haven't really played in the last 2 months and still waiting for this patch.
27 May 2021, 01:07 AM

1v1 OKW is a meme indeed. I'm a top 100 USF and OKW, its really easy to play USF 1v1 compared to the OKW who needs to counter at least 3 factions.

Yes, it is relatively weak faction in 1v1, but not THAT weak.

OKW has 48~49% WR while others(except UKF) have 50~53% WR. And do note that OKW has pretty much highest WR over 2v2~4v4 in general.

You call UKF as meme faction than I do agree.

It's only been played 7 times in ML 5 and won 3 games. Has lowest WR by far in 1v1 (42~43%) and also generally the lowest WR over 2v2~4v4.
1 Jun 2021, 19:52 PM

Please update the beta with the late changes that were made today that got rolled back, so the last minute changes can be tested, and so the beta can be further tested for bug fixing

A lot of these changes are excellent. Can't wait to see them finally go live
4 Jun 2021, 12:32 PM

Can we call this faction OKWBUG?

OKW AAGUN ability not firing a single shot to Planes and land units LOL. Sturm not deploying medkits even after 2-3 commands.
11 Jun 2021, 23:35 PM

Can we call this faction OKWBUG?

OKW AAGUN ability not firing a single shot to Planes and land units LOL. Sturm not deploying medkits even after 2-3 commands.

Really? Are you sure? I have been playing beta witha lot of okw and I'm not seeing that issue. Do you have a recording you can provide?
_____

Also to balance devs. Since patch is not releasing this week could you update the beta to the latest version of the patch please? This would be fun and allow more testing
12 Jun 2021, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2021, 23:35 PMLewka

Really? Are you sure? I have been playing beta witha lot of okw and I'm not seeing that issue. Do you have a recording you can provide?
_____

Also to balance devs. Since patch is not releasing this week could you update the beta to the latest version of the patch please? This would be fun and allow more testing

They have no intention to allow the community to test the most recent changes for some reason.
12 Jun 2021, 02:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2021, 02:00 AMClarity

They have no intention to allow the community to test the most recent changes for some reason.

I've been wondering why not?
MMX
12 Jun 2021, 05:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2021, 23:35 PMLewka

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2021, 02:00 AMClarity

i think this had more to do with the fact that the last planned iteration of the beta wasn't stable and fixing it would have bound resources that were better spent wrapping up, deploying (and later fixing) the actual patch.

and now that redeploying the hopefully fixed patch might only be a couple of days away, what sense would it make to waste time trying to get the beta to work?
12 Jun 2021, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2021, 05:19 AMMMX

i think this had more to do with the fact that the last planned iteration of the beta wasn't stable and fixing it would have bound resources that were better spent wrapping up, deploying (and later fixing) the actual patch.

and now that redeploying the hopefully fixed patch might only be a couple of days away, what sense would it make to waste time trying to get the beta to work?

It seem some people prefer a conspiracy theory over a simple explanation.
PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 94
Peru 45
United States 35
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L