Login

russian armor

Good idea for COH3(?)

21 Mar 2021, 18:20 PM

As I assume it's too late for COH2. Is there any reason why we cannot or shouldn't be able to assign individual groups of three intel bulletins and 'attach' them to one each of the three commanders in one's current loadout? This can help make the most of the units or strategy of any given commander's theme. It also means you'd see more use of niche bulletins. As currently, well at least for me, I choose safe bulletins that would see use regardless of the strategy or tactics used with a commander I happen to pick on the field.

If I choose Commander 1 - AT gun, grenade and specific vehicle bulletins are attached.
Commander 2 - Is all infantry bulletins.
Commander 3 - build time bulletins

etc etc

Or would such flexibility throw some behind the scenes balance off somehow?
21 Mar 2021, 20:28 PM

If there is ever a COH3 hopefully they just remove bulletins all together, should never have been added in the first place.
21 Mar 2021, 20:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In their current form, bulletins should disappear from COH3.

Since the game release, i don't think they ever provide any meaningful improvement to the game. They were there so people who knew better could abuse whatever was the most OP option at the time.

Release game? Suppression bulletins and increased HP/Damage on main line infantry.

Post nerf? Just stack all DPS bulletins for mainline infantry unless you wanted to announce you would be playing maxim spam.

When they released bulletins drop? Stack whatever unit was OP during that meta. I think this was the most diverse viable pool of bulletins we have ever seen but it just encourage to farming bulletins or playing obsessive amounts of hours.
21 Mar 2021, 21:04 PM

I mean, I guess I concur with what you've both said. It makes more sense to just remove them (but I'm sure there are arguments for keeping them such gameplay loop incentives).

But regarding the status quo..lol what do think of the OP?
21 Mar 2021, 21:33 PM

id be happy with just making them somewhat consistent...
21 Mar 2021, 23:25 PM

That's a good idea OP, it would help with bulletin diversity a bit.

Just have to say it- bulletins are awful. Too many to balance, so they're tuned down to not amount to anything. Small stat changes are boring, since they're differences in scale rather than kind.

If CoH3 has anything like them (please no) there shouldn't be more than 20 per faction, for ease of balance.

Beyond that, I think it'd be fun in they did something more noticeable to just one unit on the field. For instance, you could make an engineer have rifles instead of smgs. Or one of your tanks can get sandbags, trading acceleration for armor.
Just for flavor and personalized units, which the current system tries and falls short of.
21 Mar 2021, 23:30 PM

The bulletins should either be removed or a complete rework done as they are now.

But I would care more about a good launcher, systems to punish players who disconnect (20 minutes without being able to join the queue for leaving the game), being able to reconnect if you leave the game, a good signal system that allows you to tell those of more players that you are going to do or warn them about something, to be able to report players who infringe the rules without doing detective work and send an email, classification systems etc. I would like a theme of the cold war, you know with scenarios in Africa, the Middle East, South America, Asia.
22 Mar 2021, 03:47 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

22 Mar 2021, 07:16 AM

A mix of coh1's resource/territory system combined with all QOL and UI improvements would be nice for coh3. As for mechanics bulletins should go and every on should have access to every commander a faction has or at lest that should be the case for competitive play. Also the commanders should be completely reworked for coh3 imo.
22 Mar 2021, 09:03 AM

What bulletins should have been were flavor changes that can mold your playstyle, think like giving sturmpios rifles instead of stgs, making tellers schumines. and so on.
22 Mar 2021, 09:49 AM

Ironically, bulletins were one thing Relic did good in DoW3(except for stacking multiple ones improving same unit), where they did provide minor extra stat or ability to the unit.
22 Mar 2021, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2021, 09:49 AMKatitof
Ironically, bulletins were one thing Relic did good in DoW3(except for stacking multiple ones improving same unit), where they did provide minor extra stat or ability to the unit.

So it's like coh2 but done ..better? lol What's different in dow3? Is it that you only choose one, but the effects are noticeable?

I like what folks have said in "giving units different flavours in terms of abilities/weapons etc" as a bulletin-esque replacement. But technically isn't that what commanders already do to some units? And I do like the variety of flavours that the coh2 commanders give over coh1 - I guess a middle ground is needed.
22 Mar 2021, 14:18 PM

AoE 4 will tell us how good CoH3 will be if CoH3 actually happens. With Relic having put a new CM for CoH2, and the recent 64-bit update, they might be working on another CoH2 expansion.
22 Mar 2021, 20:04 PM

So it's like coh2 but done ..better? lol What's different in dow3? Is it that you only choose one, but the effects are noticeable?

No, you still could choose 3.
But they gave things like "enable firing on the move" or "small health increase" or "special grenade ability", that sort of thing. Only problem with them there was, you could pick 3 for single unit and that made the unit Relics trademark balance issue.

22 Mar 2021, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2021, 20:04 PMKatitof

No, you still could choose 3.
But they gave things like "enable firing on the move" or "small health increase" or "special grenade ability", that sort of thing. Only problem with them there was, you could pick 3 for single unit and that made the unit Relics trademark balance issue.

So I'm sure most here know but just for the newer players, a history lesson:

Bulletins and commanders were made as they are to sell as MTX in the game store. They locked the best units behind them and the best bulletins behind supply/real money and wanted you to pay out the ass for them. Commanders themselves were stupid expensive for what they were too.

In conclusion: bulletins should be removed and never return. Commanders cant for obvious reasons.
22 Mar 2021, 20:27 PM

So I'm sure most here know but just for the newer players, a history lesson:

Bulletins and commanders were made as they are to sell as MTX in the game store. They locked the best units behind them and the best bulletins behind supply/real money and wanted you to pay out the ass for them. Commanders themselves were stupid expensive for what they were too.

In conclusion: bulletins should be removed and never return. Commanders cant for obvious reasons.

A history lesson it is then:

Originally bulletins were MUCH STRONGER and tied to in-game achievements and had no cost at all.
Best soviet commanders were stock one. Guard motor was #1 meta pick for 4 years straight with small breaks? And ost never relied on commanders to the same extend soviets did due to much more balanced tech structure.

And lastly, all of that has absolutely nothing to do with what I or person I've replied to said, so I have no idea why you even quoted me.
22 Mar 2021, 20:38 PM

I agree that bulletins should be removed in COH3. If MTX is needed to help support the game and keep it alive, I honestly feel they should go about it with more skins/camo. You could add unit skins for mainline infantry, crew weapons, base buildings, etc. Hell you could even add skins for off map fly-ins (stuka smoke bombs, p47 strafes, etc even if those are much more limited).

MTX should NEVER be pay to win. Additional commanders should either be added as part of an expansion (along with other content), freely released to all (such as the last wave of commanders that were added to the game), or unlocked for completing certain single player campaigns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★