Login

russian armor

Jagdpanzer IV auto rotate in camouflage

20 Mar 2021, 21:36 PM

Hi all,

I would like to make an enquiry here regarding the Jagdpanzer IV, since we haven't figured this out ourselves yet.

Basically I noticed that since the patch, the Jagdpanzer IV will not automatically rotate to engage targets within its range while it is in camouflage mode.

Now we're actually not sure whether or not this has always been the case or that it's a bug that was introduced with the new patch. I'd swear this is new behaviour. But at least one other member of the team thinks it never auto rotated while in camo.

So, does anyone happen to know for sure whether or not it it would automatically rotate to target enemy vehicles while in camouflaged mode before the Winter Balance Patch?
20 Mar 2021, 21:41 PM

It definetly did aquire targets itself while in camoflage before the winter patch. Havent played enough with the JP4 myself this patch yet.
20 Mar 2021, 21:42 PM

This is not a new issue. I have same problem before. Sometimes, JP4 decides not to attack nearby vehicles in camo and I have to manually target them.
20 Mar 2021, 21:44 PM

https://youtu.be/GRT4lToagIk?t=2109

It don't think it does. This clip would say it doesn't, but im not sure. I had a high vet JP4 this game, i think this is the ostruppen patch.
20 Mar 2021, 23:02 PM

Hi all,

I would like to make an enquiry here regarding the Jagdpanzer IV, since we haven't figured this out ourselves yet.

Basically I noticed that since the patch, the Jagdpanzer IV will not automatically rotate to engage targets within its range while it is in camouflage mode.

Now we're actually not sure whether or not this has always been the case or that it's a bug that was introduced with the new patch. I'd swear this is new behaviour. But at least one other member of the team thinks it never auto rotated while in camo.

So, does anyone happen to know for sure whether or not it it would automatically rotate to target enemy vehicles while in camouflaged mode before the Winter Balance Patch?

There was always a problem I had pointed out in several occasions before the patch.
20 Mar 2021, 23:19 PM

Old problem imho which led to me turning off camo on the thing, inconsistent turning. I think it would turn some of the time in camo, but not always.(Perhaps related to the angular speed of the target? Fast moving vehicles seemed to be more problematic in the past) Could not afford the risk that a med would speed past and the resulting bad position.

Disclaimer: Have not tried it in the new patch.
21 Mar 2021, 14:35 PM

It has behaved this way off and on for as long as I can remember.
21 Mar 2021, 15:13 PM

i dont get the problem
21 Mar 2021, 16:09 PM

Since the mod tools haven't been updated, this could be tested by copying all of the JP4 files from the AE and seeing if the behavior is different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★