Login

russian armor

Soviet Commander Revamp 2021

26 Mar 2021, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 14:00 PMGeblobt

Can someone explain to me why the Kv-1 can survive 3 Pak43 shots?

well it technically has 1000hp, pak43 has a damage of 320.

The Kv-1 has 14 popcap and costs 420 mp and 145 fuel. Pretty similar to P4J. But it has the defensive stats of the P5 not the P4. Sure its gun is slightly weaker, but it can threaten medium tanks. Ofc its not on P5 lvl, but something like 450 mp/150 fuel and 15/16 (Panther has 18) popcap seems more reasonable.

I think it's price is fair. It's not so stong as to warrant a price increase. It's defensive, it's job is to waste time of you opponent when they trying to kill it. It's damage output is ok and it's slow. Persing and Panthers are very good at what they do which is kill.
26 Mar 2021, 14:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Counterattack Tactics is really good in 2vs2. B4, Shocks, FMR and recon on top of the Kv-1. Its kinda hilarious. The only bad commander is Conscript support. And thats cause there are 3 dogshit abilities in it. Only the old Tiger ace could make this thing viable :).

The Kv-1 has 14 popcap and costs 420 mp and 145 fuel. Pretty similar to P4J. But it has the defensive stats of the P5 not the P4. Sure its gun is slightly weaker, but it can threaten medium tanks. Ofc its not on P5 lvl, but something like 450 mp/150 fuel and 15/16 (Panther has 18) popcap seems more reasonable.

Maybe I should try that one more often then. I have rarely seen people play it (well), but this obviously depends on game rank.

Regarding the changes: My point is to with with either EHP reduction OR population increase, not both at the same time which could screw the unit and associated commanders over.
The KV1 has great defensive stats but the worst all purpose gun they could find. That's why it has always been in a weird state.

Can someone explain to me why the Kv-1 can survive 3 Pak43 shots? I thought 20% dmg reduction means, that it gets 960 effective HP. But thats not how it is ingame. The classic tank destroyer like Panther, JP4 or Jackson does 160 dmg per penetration shot. 160*0,8=128. 128*6 is 768 though. Thats below 800HP. So the Kv-1 can survive 7 instead of 6 shots. Thats on par with Tiger, IS-2 or ISU. On top of that you get 2 bonus armor bulletins to push your armor next to 300. I didnt test it with vet 1 active, cause the result could scare the puplic.

Was this intended? I always thought it has 960 HP like Panther or Pershing.

Because it has 1000 effective HP, not 960. It survives with a slither of health
26 Mar 2021, 14:13 PM

Maybe I should try that one more often then. I have rarely seen people play it (well), but this obviously depends on game rank.

In 4v4 people tend to blob alot, B4's can absolutely wreck you if you do that. Just today I killd a p4 along with 3 gren squad. Was Hilarious.
26 Mar 2021, 14:15 PM

Who the F except hannibal and vipper and a couple other wehraboos thinks the KV1 is too strong?

Show of hands please xD
26 Mar 2021, 14:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Who the F except hannibal and vipper and a couple other wehraboos thinks the KV1 is too strong?

Show of hands please xD

You'd be surprised if you read even only a couple of posts.
26 Mar 2021, 14:30 PM

I think it's price is fair. It's not so stong as to warrant a price increase. It's defensive, it's job is to waste time of you opponent when they trying to kill it. It's damage output is ok and it's slow. Persing and Panthers are very good at what they do which is kill.

Ok, but isnt this similar to the old churchill? That thing had a shit gun too. But it was so oppressive that its popcap got nerfed 2 times in a row and therefore has more than a panther now.
26 Mar 2021, 14:44 PM

Remove the damage reduction from KV1 and give it its health back, then remove hull down.

Show of hands please xD

Nice gaslighting.
26 Mar 2021, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 14:30 PMGeblobt

Ok, but isnt this similar to the old churchill? That thing had a shit gun too. But it was so oppressive that its popcap got nerfed 2 times in a row and therefore has more than a panther now.

Well, church's have better pen, and it had like 2x the hp(1.6x technically) and 5 man sections back then were simply OP.
26 Mar 2021, 15:57 PM

Show of hands please xD

Too quick to repair and come back after I swiss cheesed the thing with JP4 + Rak. Been discussed in another thread recently as well. Damage modifier might get reverted in exchange for increase to 1k hp.

I guess you could call me a wehraboo, but that sig beneath this post isn't for show.
26 Mar 2021, 21:31 PM

I guess you could call me a wehraboo, but that sig beneath this post isn't for show.

Isn't every signature for show? What other purpose would they serve lol
27 Mar 2021, 02:14 AM

Isn't every signature for show? What other purpose would they serve lol

I mean that it’s not made up or fake/memeing.
29 Mar 2021, 19:11 PM

Airborne Troops Tactics

General:
A Commander that needs to be looked.

Suggestion:

Weapons crate drop
The ability is a abomination that should simply be removed from the game. There is simply not salvaging. It comes way to early at CP 1, it is exploitable since it allows weapons or resources transfer across allies.

PLS scrap this ability. If one want to keep the SVT for conscripts make it anomral an upgrade at CP 2.

Ability could be replaced by an airdropped M-42 or Zis gun to promote T1 play or a smoke bomb plane.
Dhsk HMG Paradrop
Remove the vet 1 "sprint" ability HMg should not have access to this ability.

Make AP rounds the vet 1 ability add another bonus (DPS/Sight/...) to the ability

Lower the close DPS especially at vet 3 that is too high.

Airborne Rally Points
This points can become oppressive and promote blobbing.

Remove fuel cost. Restrict reinforcement usage for Guards Airbourne (GA) only.

Make the mini information a timed ability or replace with flare.

Move the GA vet 1 strafe to this building, they are not a command unit and should not have access to such an ability.

(maybe even add a timed defensive aura with a cost)

Airbourne Guards Troops
(note that unit Airbourne while the rest is of the abilities is Airborne) (and the name of the unit is Guards Airbourne)
A unit is deep identity crisis. It comes 1 CP later than Shock/Guards cost about the same (more MU for LMG upgrade), without bringing much else over shock and Guards.

Guards have about the same far DPS with added utility of AT and the fire superiority/tactical assault in no way make them better than shock troops.

On the other hand they can infiltrate but do not have camo like other unit of that type.

In sort they need a redesign.

Possible solution instead of trying to fit them in the same league as Shock/Guards balance them as a CP1 unit for a superior mainline infatry in T2 builds.

Reduce cost to 280-300 (possibly making build able or call-in) with good defensive vet bonuses (if there is a need for better scaling allow a single DP upgrade that can fire on the move at T4). Coming with grenades, AT snares.

Or redesign them as 5 men infiltration unit with camo.

IL-2 Anti-Tank Rocket Run
The ability is still not a good place.

One could try one of the following make it cheap reliable but causing far less damage so that it can only contribute in killing vehicles instead of doing the majority of the damage. (75-100 mu for around 200 damage+temporary weapon disable sight disable)
or
Make the ability come with 2+2 different weapon two rocket rocket launcher firing at fixed location requiring player to aim and 2 "homing" with in the designated area for around 400 total damage.

Then the planes could arrive faster making the ability usable even without the ram combo.
29 Mar 2021, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 19:11 PMVipper
nerf everything!

How come every single idea for "revamp" of allied unit or commanders involve nerfing it to the ground?
With already extremely rich assumption there is anything wrong with that particular commander in the first place.

Its not.

Weapon crates provide additional team synergy, YOU hate the ability, its not "abomination" in any way and there are multiple abilities across multiple factions that work in similar fashion.

There is nothing wrong with dshk, but you're now 4th year on your crusade to remove it from the game.

Airborne rally points are not better or worse then any other forward retreat point, you're nitpicking and exaggerating here.

Airborne guards have no identity crisis, they are potent AI LMG squad, which soviets do not have otherwise.
They DO have higher AI DPS then regular guards and have other AI focused perks over them. Not understanding the units very clear role does not mean it does not have one and your suggestions is "elite conscripts". We already have defensive oriented squad in game, it does not require doctrine and fulfills its job just fine.

But I do give you one point for the last one, rocket run was overnerfed, it deserves a buff or cost reduction.
29 Mar 2021, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2021, 06:33 AMSpoof
Let other factions steal or equip SVTs from Soviet Airborne.

I don't know if it's actually possible though, can non-Soviet units equip SVTs?

It is possible by editing .abp files to give each infantry squad the weapon animation. It would be nice if other factions could use it as well though on some units it would probably be a nerf.
29 Mar 2021, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2021, 06:33 AMSpoof
Let other factions steal or equip SVTs from Soviet Airborne.

I don't know if it's actually possible though, can non-Soviet units equip SVTs?

By other factions you mean which factions exactly?
Because no non soviet combat infantry has weapons or weapon upgrade where SVT would be better option.
In almost every single case of non soviet infantry, SVT would nerf stock DPS or lock possibility of much better native weapon upgrade.
29 Mar 2021, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 20:51 PMKatitof

By other factions you mean which factions exactly?
Because no non soviet combat infantry has weapons or weapon upgrade where SVT would be better option.
In almost every single case of non soviet infantry, SVT would nerf stock DPS or lock possibility of much better native weapon upgrade.

All other factions. Can't the crates give PPShs too?

Anyway, it's a lot of work so I don't expect anything anyway.
29 Mar 2021, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 20:00 PMKatitof

"nerf everything!"

quotation mark are used to transfer exactly what someone else has written. That is not what I have written. Pls make correct use of quotation marks or do not use them at all.

How come every single idea for "revamp" of allied unit or commanders involve nerfing it to the ground?

That is simply false.

With already extremely rich assumption there is anything wrong with that particular commander in the first place.

Its not.

You are entitled to your opinion and your opinion is respected.

Weapon crates provide additional team synergy, YOU hate the ability, its not "abomination" in any way and there are multiple abilities across multiple factions that work in similar fashion.

Yes that is correct it my opinion that the ability is a abomination and I have explained why.

There is nothing wrong with dshk, but you're now 4th year on your crusade to remove it from the game.

Pls avoid non constructive personal comments (for the 5 time).

Sprint need to be removed from Dhsk as it has been removed from other hmgs and that change will not removed the hmg from the game. The assumption that removing sprint will somehow removed Dhsk from the game is simply unsupported.

Airborne rally points are not better or worse then any other forward retreat point, you're nitpicking and exaggerating here.

I am not "nitpicking and exaggerating" (pls avoid personal comment) even top players who's opinion you respect and you even recommend it to others described it as very strong.

Airborne guards have no identity crisis, they are potent AI LMG squad, which soviets do not have otherwise.

Normal Guards are potent LMG squad.

They DO have higher AI DPS then regular guards and have other AI focused perks over them.

They might but they are not more cost efficient than Guards, they have zero AT and come a CP later.

Not understanding the units very clear role does not mean it does not have one and your suggestions is "elite conscripts". We already have defensive oriented squad in game, it does not require doctrine and fulfills its job just fine.

Pls do avoid non constructive personal comments.

But I do give you one point for the last one, rocket run was overnerfed, it deserves a buff or cost reduction.

You can keep your point, I am not interested in collecting points.
29 Mar 2021, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 19:11 PMVipper
Airborne Troops Tactics

Airborne Rally Points
This points can become oppressive and promote blobbing.

Remove fuel cost. Restrict reinforcement usage for Guards Airbourne (GA) only.

Make the mini information a timed ability or replace with flare.

Move the GA vet 1 strafe to this building, they are not a command unit and should not have access to such an ability.

Players will Blob regardless if they have Rally Points or not. That is like saying OKW Forward HQ should be removed because it promotes blobbing. Now say for the sake of argument we did remove Reinforcement usage and only applied it for Airborne Guards. The Build would still have the Forward Retreat Point which means you could park a Half Track next to it to reinforce all units (Basically requiring 2 units like the Major/Ambulance) and wouldn't really change anything. You could also put the Retreat Point Near a British Forward HQ or Ambulance and achieve the same thing. Not really a good argument here. Its like you are calling for nerfs for the sake of nerfs. Keep in mind that when you look at a commander as a whole you have to look at the entire commander and how it balances out vs other Commanders. You want to create Viable player choices.

By adding nerfs like these you would be pushing people into picking limited set commanders where everyone picks the same thing rather than have real player choice. I use this commander occasionally simply for the Quality of Life the Rally Point Provides. If said Quality of Life is no longer available then I would hands down go ISU 152 or a Commander with Mark Target every game.
29 Mar 2021, 22:19 PM

Players will Blob regardless if they have Rally Points or not.

Yes but a rally point with AOE healing medic kit make blobing easier and even promotes it.

That is like saying OKW Forward HQ should be removed because it promotes blobbing.

OKW FRP is far more expensive and aggressive placing of medic truck in not very viable.

Now say for the sake of argument we did remove Reinforcement usage and only applied it for Airborne Guards. The Build would still have the Forward Retreat Point which means you could park a Half Track next to it to reinforce all units (Basically requiring 2 units like the Major/Ambulance) and wouldn't really change anything. You could also put the Retreat Point Near a British Forward HQ or Ambulance and achieve the same thing. Not really a good argument here.

Large mod will always have issues.

Its like you are calling for nerfs for the sake of nerfs. Keep in mind that when you look at a commander as a whole you have to look at the entire commander and how it balances out vs other Commanders. You want to create Viable player choices.

Not really because I suggested removing the fuel price. That would make the rally player closer to USF beacons that also reinforce only Paras.

By adding nerfs like these you would be pushing people into picking limited set commanders where everyone picks the same thing rather than have real player choice. I use this commander occasionally simply for the Quality of Life the Rally Point Provides. If said Quality of Life is no longer available then I would hands down go ISU 152 or a Commander with Mark Target every game.

The commander is mostly used for the SVT and Rocket strafe as far as I know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★