Login

russian armor

Radio-net: Working as intended?

11 Mar 2021, 21:25 PM

I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature ;-)

Radio-Net ability seems to behave somehow strange.

The ability guide states:

+10% reload speed per Allied vehicle in the aura.
+5% sight range per Allied vehicle in the aura.
These additional vehicles can be any allied unit, but at least one of them must be a VET 1 Sherman.
Range of aura - 35.

After testing it in Commander Cheat mode:

- it gives +10% reload only once
- it has to be a tank, other allied vehicles give no bonus to reload/sight
- the sight range is granted three times adding up to +15
- if a fourth tank drives into the 35 aura radius the ability springs to +20 sight for the glimpse of a second and returns to +15 after that, same for furher tanks that enter the aura range
- if you have more tanks in your aura range than three and one of it leaves the aura, your sight goes down to +10 although you have still three tanks or more left, this happens for every tank leaving until ypu have +0 sight (even if there are 3 tanks left)
- to get your vison bonus working again all tanks have to leave the area of the aura and then you have to enter with one, two or three tanks again

Seems to work like intended. Maybe change the text at the ability guide at least?
11 Mar 2021, 21:40 PM

I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature ;-)

Radio-Net ability seems to behave somehow strange.

The ability guide states:

+10% reload speed per Allied vehicle in the aura.
+5% sight range per Allied vehicle in the aura.
These additional vehicles can be any allied unit, but at least one of them must be a VET 1 Sherman.
Range of aura - 35.

After testing it in Commander Cheat mode:

- it gives +10% reload only once
- it has to be a tank, other allied vehicles give no bonus to reload/sight
- the sight range is granted three times adding up to +15
- if a fourth tank drives into the 35 aura radius the ability springs to +20 sight for the glimpse of a second and returns to +15 after that, same for furher tanks that enter the aura range
- if you have more tanks in your aura range than three and one of it leaves the aura, your sight goes down to +10 although you have still three tanks or more left, this happens for every tank leaving until ypu have +0 sight (even if there are 3 tanks left)
- to get your vison bonus working again all tanks have to leave the area of the aura and then you have to enter with one, two or three tanks again

Seems to work like intended. Maybe change the text at the ability guide at least?

It sounds like a bug per your description and it wouldnt surprise me if a lot of these aura type abilities were bugged to high heaven.

Veterancy bug for years unnoticed anyone? :snfPeter:
11 Mar 2021, 22:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It sounds like a bug per your description and it wouldnt surprise me if a lot of these aura type abilities were bugged to high heaven.

Veterancy bug for years unnoticed anyone? :snfPeter:

It wasn't for years but closer to 6/12 months. And it was mitigated by a game which was far more explosion friendly + weapon upgrades as initially only offensive vet was bugged.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 22:40 PM

It wasn't for years but closer to 6/12 months. And it was mitigated by a game which was far more explosion friendly + weapon upgrades as initially only offensive vet was bugged.

"only" offensive veterancy was bugged? How did THAT happen? Did the game not apply any accuracy/cooldown/damage bonuses for some reason?

Didn't the game used to have the "feature" that model losses would reduce your veterancy as well, or am I inventing that?
11 Mar 2021, 22:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 22:40 PMPip

"only" offensive veterancy was bugged? How did THAT happen? Did the game not apply any accuracy/cooldown/damage bonuses for some reason?

Didn't the game used to have the "feature" that model losses would reduce your veterancy as well, or am I inventing that?

The last part you are inventing it.

What happened was that vet bonuses were lost upon models dying. It didn't re-apply after reinforcement. But since offensive vet bonuses started to kick in late into the game, there were plenty of other factors which increased lethality.

You have to take into account we didn't have the same tools as we have now.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 22:58 PM

The last part you are inventing it.

What happened was that vet bonuses were lost upon models dying. It didn't re-apply after reinforcement. But since offensive vet bonuses started to kick in late into the game, there were plenty of other factors which increased lethality.

You have to take into account we didn't have the same tools as we have now.

Ahh, that was it. I'd seen people talk about it before, but they didn't precisely specify what they meant about "Veterancy loss on reinforcing". Thank you for clarifying, sounds like a very Lelic thing to have happened.

Hm, I wonder if it happens in CoH1 as well? CoH2 veterancy is ostensibly just "American" veterancy, after all. (Despite "simplifying" or "un-diversifying" the game a little bit, I think this veterancy standardisation was a really good idea. Kinda wish all factions had five levels of Vet, though.)
11 Mar 2021, 23:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 22:58 PMPip

Ahh, that was it. I'd seen people talk about it before, but they didn't precisely specify what they meant about "Veterancy loss on reinforcing". Thank you for clarifying, sounds like a very Lelic thing to have happened.

Hm, I wonder if it happens in CoH1 as well? CoH2 veterancy is ostensibly just "American" veterancy, after all. (Despite "simplifying" or "un-diversifying" the game a little bit, I think this veterancy standardisation was a really good idea. Kinda wish all factions had five levels of Vet, though.)

https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/493034

The game has historically had issues in regards to veterancy and aura effects.
What OP describes looks like a secondary effects of avoiding things to stack add infinitum.
MMX
12 Mar 2021, 04:00 AM

interesting find! i've always assumed the 10% reload would stack, making radio net a quite powerful vet1 passive. guess i was wrong.
in any case, the behavior described in the op sounds like it is indeed bugged for who knows how long already. i wonder if that extends to other passive auras as well...
12 Mar 2021, 04:30 AM

iirc there was a patch a couple of years ago which made the aura's reload speed buff able to be stacked indefinitely if you unload and load the vetted crew again and again, result in sherman had 300rpm auto cannon.

This limit is probrably for limiting the possibility of such bug happening again.
12 Mar 2021, 05:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 22:58 PMPip

Seems unlikely, it was introduced in a patch at some point when they were tweaking weapon profiles.
28 Feb 2022, 15:01 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/493034

The game has historically had issues in regards to veterancy and aura effects.
What OP describes looks like a secondary effects of avoiding things to stack add infinitum.

Oh god... this didn't happen with teamweapons... now I understand why arty spam existed.
28 Feb 2022, 15:03 PM

iirc there was a patch a couple of years ago which made the aura's reload speed buff able to be stacked indefinitely if you unload and load the vetted crew again and again, result in sherman had 300rpm auto cannon.

This limit is probrably for limiting the possibility of such bug happening again.

Please link a video. I've seen a vid of zooked up RE's suppressive firing bazookas before it was patched. Now I have to see this super sherman.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★