Login

russian armor

KV1

11 Mar 2021, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:36 AMPorygon

So you need an extra additonal Pak40, some additional screcks, just to counter a single KV1, feels balanced?

Try playing against it with a single Pak, some Grens and a P4 or even 2 P4, a usual unit combination of Ostheer in that timeslot. See how your P4 struggle.
Big cats do not arrived yet.

TBH, that tank can't do shit to big cats.

How in gods name does 2 p4 not deal with KV1. It's not like it's fast enough to not get flanked. I mean a single at gun/su85/Jackson won't hold upto a Panther either.
11 Mar 2021, 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's only strength is it's HP though, if you give it 800HP it's at the same durability level as a T-34-85 but without a decent gun.

800 HP is maybe indeed a bit too little, but as others already said, it has very good armor. A P4 cannot break through against it, 880 HP would ensure that you can't double snare it. At the time it comes out the only real counter is an ATG, so it will still be a decent addition for your mid game and the late game is all about synergy with the SU85 anyway.
11 Mar 2021, 13:07 PM

I absolutely love these forums. Some random most likely loses a game in his perception thanks to a singular unit, makes a thread about said unit and suddenly everyone remembers that unit is "problematic". What makes it funnier is the game just had a "balance" patch released but nobody remembered to address the supposed issue before the game got patched. Hilarious.
No, the KV-1 is fine. It's on the same level of useful as a Churchill which isn't much. You people should be concerned about actually bad units and abilities instead of this.
11 Mar 2021, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:07 PMTygrys
I absolutely love these forums. Some random most likely loses a game in his perception thanks to a singular unit, makes a thread about said unit and suddenly everyone remembers that unit is "problematic". What makes it funnier is the game just had a "balance" patch released but nobody remembered to address the supposed issue before the game got patched. Hilarious.
No, the KV-1 is fine. It's on the same level of useful as a Churchill which isn't much. You people should be concerned about actually bad units and abilities instead of this.

I like most the part, where things in preview are tweaked, balanced and agreed upon by everyone only to instantly become overpowered or problematic by the call of someone who uses end game efficiency % as balance metric.

If KV-1 requires any change, its to exchange rec dmg for raw hp now that CEs got better at repairing.
Anything else is your regular checklist whining in hope to trash another unit.
11 Mar 2021, 13:15 PM

KV-1 is sort of meta, churchill is not (comet is). So they are quite different in this regard. Kv-1 is also quite affordable and comes in a variety of pretty decent doctrines. But you are right about this thread being ironically late.

I can see why people are complaining tho, but some comments are so bonkers. E.g. mocking a sentence where Katitof said that t34-76 gun is weak smh. Sometimes I question if all players have the same version of the game.
11 Mar 2021, 13:27 PM

Between something that'll occasionally bounce a Panther, and something that'll usually penetrate a Panther, I think I'd have to go with the penetration.

You should not try to fight the most stock AT vehicle with a cheaper tank to begin with.
11 Mar 2021, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:27 PMVipper

You should not try to fight the most stock AT vehicle with a cheaper tank to begin with.

Why are you complaining that allied TDs deal so easily with P4s then all the damn time?
"Rules for thee but not for me"
11 Mar 2021, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:29 PMKatitof

Why are you complaining that allied TDs deal so easily with P4s then all the damn time?

Being hit and penetrate with a probability close to 100% when out-ranged by 20 dose not really qualify as fighting.
It more like target practice.

And since your math are bad:
1.000 HP that KV-1 has are more 640 HP that PzIV has.
A panther is 490/185 fuel is more than 350/130 that is a SU-85

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:29 PMKatitof

"Rules for thee but not for me"

You are projecting once more
11 Mar 2021, 13:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:33 PMVipper

Being hit and penetrate with a probability close to 100% when out-ranged by 20 dose not really qualify as fighting.
It more like target practice.

Let me guess - Elefant and Jagdtiger outranging and penetrating everything almost all the time and the Panther bouncing most shots, being able to brawl with Allied heavies and being highly mobile is fine though, right?
11 Mar 2021, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:37 PMTygrys

Let me guess - Elefant and Jagdtiger outranging and penetrating everything almost all the time and the Panther bouncing most shots, being able to brawl with Allied heavies and being highly mobile is fine though, right?

Pls do not guess when quoting.

If want respond to what you are quoting.

Else post whatever you like without quoting me.
11 Mar 2021, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:39 PMVipper

Pls do not guess and try to respond to what has been posted.

No, I figured you wouldn't respond with any arguments because you always back off when your ass backwards so called "logic" get's challenged. You only respond if it benefits you wonder weapons.
11 Mar 2021, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:33 PMVipper

And since your math are bad:
1.000 HP that KV-1 has are more 640 HP that PzIV has.
490/185 fuel is more than 400/145

Your math is bad also. :rolleyes:
11 Mar 2021, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 14:24 PMAradan

Your math is bad also. :rolleyes:

Not really.
Katitof made an analogy of Panther vs KV-1 and PzIV vs an allied TD.

490/185 is the price of the Panther and 400/145 is the price for an M36. I will edit original post and replace it with that of the SU-85 which is a Soviet unit.
11 Mar 2021, 14:31 PM

suddenly everyone remembers that unit is "problematic". What makes it funnier is the game just had a "balance" patch released but nobody remembered to address the supposed issue before the game got patched. Hilarious.

The KV-1's performance has been on most peoples' radar for much longer, ever since players started using it more and more during the past year. It has been pretty dominant in 2v2 games and automatch 1v1. But borderline overperforming doctrinal units were not part of the scope of the recent balance patch, which only focussed on the core armies and highly problematic meta doctrinal units/abilities. Next patch will be commander focussed, and the KV-1 will definitely need to be looked at because it's clear it needs a small adjustment to be a bit less cost effective.
11 Mar 2021, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 14:28 PMVipper

Not really.
Katitof made an analogy of Panther vs KV-1 and PzIV vs an allied TD.

490/185 is the price of the Panther and 400/145 is the price for an M36. You can replace it with that of the SU-85 which is cheaper if you like. But I will edit it for you so that is more clear.

In my country we have adage:
"add apples with pear"
11 Mar 2021, 14:51 PM

KV-1 is sort of meta, churchill is not (comet is). So they are quite different in this regard. Kv-1 is also quite affordable and comes in a variety of pretty decent doctrines.

Only in two - first with B4 and second one with guards and ppsh cons. I almost never saw Conscript support doctrine (3-rd doc with kv-1) in the game. Guard doc the most popular, kinda old-school like gurad motor and is-2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS