Login

russian armor

KV1

12 Mar 2021, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 21:53 PMPip

You being snarky gave me the impression I was being misunderstood.

Okay well felt like you were kind of explaining the obvious, my bad

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 21:53 PMPip

Its ostensibly a "support" unit, so despite the cost/size, I don't think its too unreasonable to consider it for Shared Vet... especially if any changes did reduce its lethality.

Yeah that's all well and good, but if the unit only needs a slight adjustment then changing it that much seems like an unnecessary risk. Just get rid of the damage reduction in exchange for health and see where it's at
Pip
12 Mar 2021, 22:17 PM

Yeah that's all well and good, but if the unit only needs a slight adjustment then changing it that much seems like an unnecessary risk. Just get rid of the damage reduction in exchange for health and see where it's at

Oh, sure, I'm mostly just theorising in case its decided the unit might want more in-depth changes. The HP/DR readjustment is probably enough.
13 Mar 2021, 00:56 AM

Yea let's link Performance to vet! Hey conscripts who just got their vet nerfed and an ability put in place to help scale, how does that work!

Imagine paying 360mp and getting conscripts, but if they vet up they don't suck? But also you get conscripts.... Yes I'll TOTALLY get the 360m ones...

To MY point. If both factions are balanced with their armour at a different place, say, one factions base around has a value of 75, which is balanced within its own faction,, and another faction has their armor valued at 125 with in the faction but then a tank that costs 100 will yield different results for both factions. For one its an improvement and the other its a cheaper option. As long as the factions are balanced so that the 75 and the 125 work against each other, then the 100 meaning more to one faction than the other works because the originals are balanced against each other. What 145fuel means in relation to a tank means different things to ost and soviet, for the example above....
13 Mar 2021, 08:42 AM

Yea let's link Performance to vet! Hey conscripts who just got their vet nerfed and an ability put in place to help scale, how does that work!

Imagine paying 360mp and getting conscripts, but if they vet up they don't suck? But also you get conscripts.... Yes I'll TOTALLY get the 360m ones...

To MY point. If both factions are balanced with their armour at a different place, say, one factions base around has a value of 75, which is balanced within its own faction,, and another faction has their armor valued at 125 with in the faction but then a tank that costs 100 will yield different results for both factions. For one its an improvement and the other its a cheaper option. As long as the factions are balanced so that the 75 and the 125 work against each other, then the 100 meaning more to one faction than the other works because the originals are balanced against each other. What 145fuel means in relation to a tank means different things to ost and soviet, for the example above....

You argument actually supports my point.

Soviet faction is designed to with inferior tank and a very cost efficient TD the SU-85, because one is not meant to fight the PzIV using the T-34/76 but the TDs. Ostheer are designed to have an advantage in armor.

For 40 manpower and 5 fuel Soviet get a KV-1 which is far superior to Panzer IV J.

If one does not want to reduce the shock value one could add a CP restriction to delay the vehicle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Germany 827
Russian Federation 25
Netherlands 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L