Login

russian armor

Lelic tell me this is a bug pls

6 Mar 2021, 20:33 PM

https://imgur.com/a/PnWvXIv

Saturday 9pm (Europe) - Play during main time they said - you are gonna have better MM they said

Well am 1 year in game so the situation was always bad like that?

Am used to high ranked 49% winrate heroes but what kind of a joke is this?

(pls do not tell me to play 1v1 my life is too stressful for doing so)
6 Mar 2021, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 20:33 PMXARDAS

Saturday 9pm (Europe) - Play during main time they said - you are gonna have better MM they said

Well am 1 year in game so the situation was always bad like that?

Am used to high ranked 49% winrate heroes but what kind of a joke is this?

(pls do not tell me to play 1v1 my life is too stressful for doing so)

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106817/relics-legendary-team-game-matchups

4v4 artillery fest is stressful in its own way but I get what you mean, 1v1's not really to my taste either.
6 Mar 2021, 20:57 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106817/relics-legendary-team-game-matchups

4v4 artillery fest is stressful in its own way but I get what you mean, 1v1's not really to my taste either.

Well I dont have to face against arty spamm in high celo games (if RNG bless me and I get one) - specially when I have insta veto on arty maps like Hamburg etc. , static arties are easily counterable to be build in such a matches .... only really annoying piece of arty is probably CanceroOPe
6 Mar 2021, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 20:33 PMXARDAS

this is not an unfair match lmao. Just noob vs noob but totally possible to win
6 Mar 2021, 21:23 PM

this is not an unfair match lmao. Just noob vs noob but totally possible to win

I did not call that unfair ... I won that game by my own

BUT

Is this really gaming experience I want to have during main game playtime and a free week? - Well I guess its not .... :hansGG:
6 Mar 2021, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 21:23 PMXARDAS

I did not call that unfair ... I won that game by my own

BUT

Is this really gaming experience I want to have during main game playtime and a free week? - Well I guess its not .... :hansGG:

Then don't play random team games?

Average ELO checks out, so from matchmaking pov, its a fair game.
6 Mar 2021, 21:42 PM

Yea, they really need to address this issue. The "spread" on ranks in some games is absurd, and just results in an awful experience for everyone - high-rank players are bored due to playing against "easy" opponents or are frustrated by teammates who can't play at their level, and low-rank players are frustrated by playing against an (effectively) unbeatable opponent. No one wins here.

Yes, technically the "average ELO" works out, but it's just not a good experience.

I'd gladly trade an extra 5-10 minutes in queue if it means not playing with/against players 10+ levels below me, or playing with level 8 players against top 100s.

My take: Level 18, 19 and 20 should never match against players below level 16, and everyone else should be locked to a +/- 3 or 4 levels range when solo queuing.

For arranged teams, I'd suggest taking the average rank of the players, and then adding half the difference between that average and the highest teammate to it. This would at least somewhat compensate for the 'coordination bonus' arranged teams have.

For example: for a level 8, 12, 16 and 18 arranged team, the average rank is 13.5. The difference between 13.5 (avg) and 18 (top) is 4.5, meaning half is 2.25. The 2.25 'offset' added to the original rank of 13.5 means their "team rank" is really 15.75.

6 Mar 2021, 22:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You underestimate the amount of time it would require to get people of similar ranking to play together for a player pool this small.

Depending on how tight you are trying to go, we are talking about 30/60 mins queues. (Experience from playing in a small region in a MOBA, so add 2 more players into the equation, when they tried to tighten up the MM)

6 Mar 2021, 22:19 PM

Yea, they really need to address this issue. The "spread" on ranks in some games is absurd, and just results in an awful experience for everyone - high-rank players are bored due to playing against "easy" opponents or are frustrated by teammates who can't play at their level, and low-rank players are frustrated by playing against an (effectively) unbeatable opponent. No one wins here.

Yes, technically the "average ELO" works out, but it's just not a good experience.

I'd gladly trade an extra 5-10 minutes in queue if it means not playing with/against players 10+ levels below me, or playing with level 8 players against top 100s.

My take: Level 18, 19 and 20 should never match against players below level 16, and everyone else should be locked to a +/- 3 or 4 levels range when solo queuing.

For arranged teams, I'd suggest taking the average rank of the players, and then adding half the difference between that average and the highest teammate to it. This would at least somewhat compensate for the 'coordination bonus' arranged teams have.

For example: for a level 8, 12, 16 and 18 arranged team, the average rank is 13.5. The difference between 13.5 (avg) and 18 (top) is 4.5, meaning half is 2.25. The 2.25 'offset' added to the original rank of 13.5 means their "team rank" is really 15.75.

+++++++ 1 ♥ Finally someone with big brain who takes a care about single player Experience when everybody is bored/tilted and it doesnt even matter if u won or lost ....
6 Mar 2021, 22:20 PM

You underestimate the amount of time it would require to get people of similar ranking to play together for a player pool this small.

Depending on how tight you are trying to go, we are talking about 30/60 mins queues. (Experience from playing in a small region in a MOBA, so add 2 more players into the equation, when they tried to tighten up the MM)

Probably?

But do not tell me there was not a better player searching for a 10 mins during main playtime than player with rank 8000 :) :) :)
6 Mar 2021, 22:23 PM

Then don't play random team games?

Average ELO checks out, so from matchmaking pov, its a fair game.

Then don't play random team games? - WOW u are genius! you are 10/10 on point ....

Answer worthy of LONG2000 of the forum ... u are real legend bruh and now I know why ...
6 Mar 2021, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 22:23 PMXARDAS

Then don't play random team games? - WOW u are genius! you are 10/10 on point ....

Answer worthy of LONG2000 of the forum ... u are real legend bruh and now I know why ...

You are playing largest game mode in the game.
With random teams.
Knowing full well population is not large enough to support proper matchmaking.

You're literally yelling at sun for being bright during the day here and expect it to change if you yell long enough.
6 Mar 2021, 22:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 22:20 PMXARDAS
But do not tell me there was not a better player searching for a 10 mins during main playtime than player with rank 8000 :) :) :)

Probable not, if the match making wanted a balanced game MMR wise. You as the number 1 and that 8K rank are oddities.

The ones at the top and the complete bottom are the ones who takes the longest and are hardest to match up.

6 Mar 2021, 22:34 PM

Probable not, if the match making wanted a balanced game MMR wise. You as the number 1 and that 8K rank are oddities.

The ones at the top and the complete bottom are the ones who takes the longest and are hardest to match up.

Yeah I understand to your point but just imagine if in game like LoL for example would be players from Diamond or Master matched up with Bronze players .... how funny it would be for both sides? I hope there will be some similar raking system separated into groups and u will be matched only with/against players from certain group ...
6 Mar 2021, 23:06 PM
Benefactor 115

Automatching is a compromise of low waiting times vs perfect match ups.

Due to CoH2 not having a lot players, compared to other competitive titles, the low waiting times parameter takes priority over perfect match ups.

The issue can only be "fixed" if CoH2 gained a sudden increase in 4v4 players (we're talking 100s of thousands more).
6 Mar 2021, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 22:23 PMXARDAS

Yep, guy who doesn't play the game telling people how to play the game. Really magical armchair general stuff.

That being said 4v4 seems like a really bad mental exercise... tried them out for a couple hundred matches and I just can't justify the time
7 Mar 2021, 01:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2021, 22:34 PMXARDAS

Yeah I understand to your point but just imagine if in game like LoL for example would be players from Diamond or Master matched up with Bronze players .... how funny it would be for both sides? I hope there will be some similar raking system separated into groups and u will be matched only with/against players from certain group ...

You can't compare games which have millions of active players vs one which is on the 4 figures.

ALL games outside of the big ones suffer from Rainbow games.

7 Mar 2021, 15:17 PM

Wait. Do people take 4s seriously enough to check the elo of the players in the matches? Wtf
7 Mar 2021, 15:34 PM

To this day It baffles me that people play such big teamgames on their own. The only time I did something similiar was Duo-Queueing in LoL.

7 Mar 2021, 16:29 PM

If you dont want to experience less of this, just restart search every 1 minute, the longer you searching the bigger are odds of a shitty match up.

On the other hand, it wont save you from pre-made "smurfing". Especially in 4v4 and 3v3. You can still get rank 18-19 guys in a random pre-made having 11 team rank and being placed against lvl 11 guys respectively.

I honestly think that this team rank is the biggest, the most retarded and unfair mechanic relic introduced in coh2. Because its being abused like there is no tommorow. And with the amount of pre-made teams existing, because you can count pretty much every single pre-made ever created as a separate player, its slow in ranking up.

It means that it takes much longer to rank up and even the lvl 20 guys in a pre-made, who win game after game, still will take considerable amount of games before they reach ranks where they wont face lvl 15-16 guys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Peru 23
unknown 17
United Kingdom 211
Germany 40
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W