Login

russian armor

Winter 2021 Balance Patch - Discussion

2 Mar 2021, 15:03 PM

Nice idea, we just don't have that kind of technology yet :).Joking aside that is really a nice idea would just remove the heavy engine one, which for a heavy tank migth as well be dead for the speed it moves, and also use the same formula for the t34 itself, say if it rams and still mantains above 75% hp the t34 gets only a stun while a low health one just gets killed for the rodina.

Aye, I was trying to think of an alternative for HED but I really wanted each tier to have something. Although HED wouldn't be awful at 25% since it would effectively be tossing a tank at an already "dead" tank to ensure no RNG shenanigans (I had a JT escape with a sliver of health because of bounces even after being rammed and maybe I'm salty)

The ability should work simply without any conditions. Either the ability works, or throw it away. There is no need to invent complications where they are unnecessary.

Working dynamically is still working. It would ensure risk and reliability instead of simply RNG and/ frustration due to unpredictable or underwhelming (over overwhelming for that matter) results. It's effectily a compromise between the way it was and the way it is now allowing it to be used to good effect at the right time without outright invalidating anything too slow to get out of dodge

2 Mar 2021, 15:14 PM

Working dynamically is still working. It would ensure risk and reliability instead of simply RNG and/ frustration due to unpredictable or underwhelming (over overwhelming for that matter) results. It's effectily a compromise between the way it was and the way it is now allowing it to be used to good effect at the right time without outright invalidating anything too slow to get out of dodge

You can also make the PaK-40 stunning projectile according to your answer. Or for example DP-27 ability. He can only blind a tank with a critical hit when Venara is in Mercury. Not. The ability should work in a completely simple, straightforward and intuitive manner. No ifs or buts, no moon phases or stars. Just work.
2 Mar 2021, 15:42 PM

You can also make the PaK-40 stunning projectile according to your answer. Or for example DP-27 ability. He can only blind a tank with a critical hit when Venara is in Mercury. Not. The ability should work in a completely simple, straightforward and intuitive manner. No ifs or buts, no moon phases or stars. Just work.

well you don't practically sacrifice a PaK-40 each time you do a target weak point, while the t34 is dead most times even if you kill the the intended target, and i felt that ''thedarkarmadillo'' idea was indeed intuitive: you ram a full HP tiger, he gets away with just a slow and disabled main weapon for 5 seconds, you ram a diving tiger who has less than 50 % hp you get the engine critical and a good chance to kill it.

It would prevent the most shitty thing about the ram pre patch which was a fresh t34 would ram a fresh Heavy tank, penetrate get a engine damage and call in offmaps to kill said heavy tank.

Counter Intuitive things are things like the new battlegroup headquarters which have 3 techs, which 1 is needed to get your reinforcements and Weapons upgrades, vehicles and MG34, another is for medics and yet another to get a retreat point when before you would get the MG34,vehicles, reinforcements and weapons upgrades just by building it.

Another Counter Intuitive thing is the new ass gren Sprint or lack of it until tech 1, i mean really did they forget how to run???
2 Mar 2021, 15:44 PM

well a change would be making the t 34 not immobilized but simply engine damaged
2 Mar 2021, 15:55 PM

well you don't practically sacrifice a PaK-40 each time you do a target weak point, while the t34 is dead most times even if you kill the the intended target, and i felt that ''thedarkarmadillo'' idea was indeed intuitive: you ram a full HP tiger, he gets away with just a slow and disabled main weapon for 5 seconds, you ram a diving tiger who has less than 50 % hp you get the engine critical and a good chance to kill it.

It would prevent the most shitty thing about the ram pre patch which was a fresh t34 would ram a fresh Heavy tank, penetrate get a engine damage and call in offmaps to kill said heavy tank.

Counter Intuitive things are things like the new battlegroup headquarters which have 3 techs, which 1 is needed to get your reinforcements and Weapons upgrades, vehicles and MG34, another is for medics and yet another to get a retreat point when before you would get the MG34,vehicles, reinforcements and weapons upgrades just by building it.

Another Counter Intuitive thing is the new ass gren Sprint or lack of it until tech 1, i mean really did they forget how to run???

This has been discussed many times - an ability with a certain percentage threshold is nonsense. Therefore, it is simply impossible to create a unique ability "Ram", either it will work as it always did, or we will once again leave the "unique ability" which will simply be soft removed from the game. Stop kicking a dead horse, just tear it off and forget and finally make a normal ability for the T-34.
2 Mar 2021, 16:11 PM

This has been discussed many times - an ability with a certain percentage threshold is nonsense. Therefore, it is simply impossible to create a unique ability "Ram", either it will work as it always did, or we will once again leave the "unique ability" which will simply be soft removed from the game. Stop kicking a dead horse, just tear it off and forget and finally make a normal ability for the T-34.

So the snares are nonsense? since they need the tank to be below a percentage threshold to get the engine damaged, and no it's not impossible, unless it's impossible in the game code , and i am sure making the ram work based on the target Hp is possible, but yes i agree with you on just removing if it is going to stay like it's now and the t34 given a new ability. ''Soft removed'' as you say since it's very bad ATM, and this is from a mainly Axis player.
2 Mar 2021, 16:13 PM

hoenstly speaking if we where to make it realistic it would work like:

160 self damage and engine damaged or overload for t34 but deals 200 damage to enemy tank + turret stun for a while

and obvs both tank stunned for a few seconds

the 160 self damage would happen after the hit

and forgot to add it would always pen as it's not really penetrating the tank but using blunt damage, so the crew is shocked and the turret likely get misaligned
2 Mar 2021, 20:18 PM

It's more weird to see tank crew members in millitary car, which usually was operated by regular soldiers. Same goes for M3A1 and other light vehicles.
Tank crew model should be used only in medium and heavy vehicles, because they requires special training and seems logic there.

For Flak 38. It is OKW unit and should use OKW crew model (like HMG 34, RW 43 and others). iirc only pak 43 still uses ost models, but i would change them too on OKW alternative.

All above is my personal opinion.

Agree with obers remark, it should be adjusted.

P.S.S. Now M3A1 is my favorite unit, just becuase it looks more essential with soviet riflemen model. :wub:

I changed my mind, the Kubel looks beautiful with volks models and it is more logical as u said, but for the emplacements I am not sure tbh.
2 Mar 2021, 20:53 PM

yes, you COULD make the pak40 ability work in accordance with this suggestion. not entirely sure what your point is in this regard. there is no astrology involved, nor speculation. its as straightforward as can be- its effects are stronger the weaker the targeted enemy is.
its a matter of risk and reward and reliability. the ability serves a purpose but can easily (as we have seen) be too strong or too weak. tailoring the effect to the target isnt random and tanks taking damage is very much part of the game. having a greater effect on a weakened enemy is extremely straight forward, whats more there are already abilities in game that have health thresholds:
snare require a tanks health to be below 75%.
JLI/ pathfinder model snipes require a model below 70% and 40% respectively
penal to the last man scales with models lost (not quite the same as health, but instead entities, however the spirit is there)

having ram scale based on missing health improves player input on both ends, creating a more dynamic system for both players while keeping the spirit of the ability alive. best of all, it wouldn't be a dice roll. you would know what you are getting, and so would the enemy.
a player will unlikely throw away a t34 to ram a fresh enemy tank unless it serves some strategic advantage (buying time for an escape for example) as it would be better served after the enemy tank has taken damage

im not certain why this is hard for you to grasp, be it lack of will or understanding. its not complex, certainly less so than abilities in game like puma aimed shot that has different effects depending on target, or blitz having the same name but doing different things depending on the unit that its on, or the 17 other versions of "speed up" abilities across the factions with different costs, effects and durations with no way to inform the player. hell, this would honestly be one of the most straightforward things in the game as its simply cause and effect...

im certainly not under the impression that this is the absolute solution, but id preffer some real reason to not discuss it than "the stars"
4 Mar 2021, 17:16 PM

Yes, i used to just get 120mm, or pak howie, you just park it somewhere, and you win. And now i have to look at infantry and my indirect fire,i dont think i can manage that. My rank will go BRRRR

bruh so like what right do u havea to complain about that, you are MEANT to actually pay attention o your units and not just leave them there and win. Thats a lazy low skill players way out
Pip
4 Mar 2021, 17:19 PM

bruh so like what right do u havea to complain about that, you are MEANT to actually pay attention o your units and not just leave them there and win. Thats a lazy low skill players way out

Come on, sarcasm really isnt THAT hard to discern.
4 Mar 2021, 20:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 17:19 PMPip

Come on, sarcasm really isnt THAT hard to discern.

Sarcasm is really hard to understand through textual cues. Add that there are people who might really think in that way, tip it with language barriers and you have a hell of a cocktail combo.
Pip
4 Mar 2021, 20:13 PM

Sarcasm is really hard to understand through textual cues. Add that there are people who might really think in that way, tip it with language barriers and you have a hell of a cocktail combo.

Depends on the post, I think MasterX's in particular was really rather obviously sarcasm.

Admittedly language barriers likely do have an effect here, I have no experience there, being monolingual.
8 Mar 2021, 07:16 AM

I am in the process of making a thread on this but I am not a fan of the stuka napalm changes. I understand the reasoning behind them but its too overpowering in team games especially against UKF emplacements. It has not changed the meta for the better.
12 Mar 2021, 16:41 PM

I'm not much of actual stats. (just too noob). But I'm loving this new patch. I play all factions, and only OWK and brits feel kind of off. OWK feels underwhelming and brits are just too easy to play. Has anyone else noticed this too?
13 Mar 2021, 13:48 PM

I'm not much of actual stats. (just too noob). But I'm loving this new patch. I play all factions, and only OWK and brits feel kind of off. OWK feels underwhelming and brits are just too easy to play. Has anyone else noticed this too?

Brit is too easy vs OKW. It's hard for the OKW to counter good micro 1-tier and light vehicles with raketenwerfer accuracy because of its range.

OKW Mechanized Regiment HQ still always the go-to building, nothing changed. OKW is lame in 1v1.

I don't know if raketen is bugged but sometimes it doesn't really fire or like a panzerschreck reload times.
17 Mar 2021, 01:34 AM

One more thing, is raketeen garrisoned bugged? Even if it was set to prioritize vehicles it's still firing against infantry. Which is kinda lame. I guess I'll go back to OST until they fix raketeen and other OKW bugs.
20 Mar 2021, 14:28 PM

The smoke-recon in OKW is just nonsense to play against. There is no counter against it, it is cheap, and works in FOW. If you have AA, the plane crashes on the other side of the map in your territory.

Increasing the cost, or making it available for in-vision only territories.
20 Mar 2021, 17:59 PM

Friendly reminder that if you cant dismantle a mortar pit you should spend more time playing the game and less time complaining on the forums. Emplacements are and will forever remain garbage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak