Login

russian armor

Maxim aoe suppression is too much

26 Feb 2021, 00:44 AM

All the time my infantry will be suppressed even if they aren´t even close to the squad getting suppressed.

I even had a no where nearby sniper get unstealthed cause of maxims aoe suppression.

Its just silly.
26 Feb 2021, 01:32 AM

All the time my infantry will be suppressed even if they aren´t even close to the squad getting suppressed.

I even had a no where nearby sniper get unstealthed cause of maxims aoe suppression.

Its just silly.
Are you high??? Maxim has the worst suppression mg in the game. If your units are close together even camo units and one unit gets suppressed the nearby units will get suppressed due to the Aoe supression
26 Feb 2021, 01:34 AM

I know right? Maxim AOE suppression is so strong, why should one machine gun stop my panzershrek groups from getting close to him? Can't even build sniper against maxim because like you said, sniper just gets suppressed.

Another problem with it is that it does way too much damage. It even beats MG-42's when OP 6 man conscripts already beat grenadiers. How am I supposed to compete against soviets when my MG-42 can't beat his maxim and my grenadiers can't beat his conscripts?
26 Feb 2021, 01:37 AM

I belive this post is 5 years late from the possible state of game it might have been the case.
26 Feb 2021, 01:41 AM

I know right? Maxim AOE suppression is so strong, why should one machine gun stop my panzershrek groups from getting close to him? Can't even build sniper against maxim because like you said, sniper just gets suppressed.

Another problem with it is that it does way too much damage. It even beats MG-42's when OP 6 man conscripts already beat grenadiers. How am I supposed to compete against soviets when my MG-42 can't beat his maxim and my grenadiers can't beat his conscripts?
Just L2p why would you even duel a maxim with your Mg42 Maxim squad has more models and the maxim mg has more DMG than suppression compare to your 4 man Mg42 model squad. I doubt that you micro properly your sniper. sniper can outrange team weapons
26 Feb 2021, 07:21 AM

Lol no it isn't
26 Feb 2021, 09:38 AM

LMAO
26 Feb 2021, 10:19 AM

Is this a troll thread?
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 12:36 PM

For whatever reason, the Maxim does apparently have a larger "AOE Suppression" radius than any other MG, at 15, rather than 13. (The DSHK is another exception, with only 10). No clue why this is the case.

The actual value for suppression is lower, though.
26 Feb 2021, 15:05 PM

as far as i remember, the maxim's aoe suppression was buff a while a go to make up for the lack of actual suppression. For short, it was intended to be like so.
26 Feb 2021, 17:57 PM

Is this a troll thread?

That would be my guess.

I wish I could salvage them as Ost. It's probably the only MG where I risk running through the arc because it doesn't reliably suppress. I usually just destroy or recrew with Pios and stick in a building, then leave it there until destroyed.

It would be interesting if someone posted the actual stats of this versus the MG42. I think the DPS, setup and breakdown times are about the same, but the suppression and width of arc are much worse. Also, getting more than one usually causes the other side to get a walking stuka or mortars, which limit the useful life.
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 17:57 PMGrumpy

That would be my guess.

I wish I could salvage them as Ost. It's probably the only MG where I risk running through the arc because it doesn't reliably suppress. I usually just destroy or recrew with Pios and stick in a building, then leave it there until destroyed.

It would be interesting if someone posted the actual stats of this versus the MG42. I think the DPS, setup and breakdown times are about the same, but the suppression and width of arc are much worse. Also, getting more than one usually causes the other side to get a walking stuka or mortars, which limit the useful life.

The statistics are all available here.

https://coh2.serealia.ca
26 Feb 2021, 19:07 PM

as far as i remember, the maxim's aoe suppression was buff a while a go to make up for the lack of actual suppression. For short, it was intended to be like so.

Exactly.

/Thread
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 19:11 PM

Exactly.

/Thread

I'm pretty sure that was the AOE suppression value, not the AOE suppression radius... and the suppression value is still lower than other MGs.
26 Feb 2021, 23:06 PM

maxim has an easier time suppressing the units its not shooting at than the ones it is. it truely is a fucked up unit...
4 Mar 2021, 23:59 PM

On some maps where you can´t flank, maxim is king.

You can´t even frontal assualt it cause it will suppress 3 volks even though they arent even near each other.

And thanks to our dear balance team, maxis just doenst die due to the new formation buff.

And if you wipe it, conscripts near it will just clean the rest of your volks, cause 7 man and recrew it again full, and taliho, the nightmare continute.

Great BIPPING job
5 Mar 2021, 00:43 AM

Oh get a life and stop complaining. You're either trolling (ergo, get a life) or severely deranged and biased (stop complaining).... or both, trolling and deranged.
5 Mar 2021, 01:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 18:09 PMPip

The statistics are all available here.

https://coh2.serealia.ca

I don't see things like the setup time there. It was the setup time that used to make the Maxim good, but that was nerfed to where it seems about the same as the MG42. The last time I used it, it seemed like the damage was about the same as the MG42, but the arc and suppression were much worse so that it took 3 maxims to do what 2 mg42's would do. It has the advantage of 2 extra models, but who buys a mg because it can take more damage?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 19
United Kingdom 44
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L