Login

russian armor

240 mm low damage output bug or on purpose?

6 Feb 2021, 11:39 AM

Hi there,

I was testing the 240 mm howitzer barrage from the USF armor company and I find the damage output really low for what it supposed to be.
I did it several times before recording (you can see the craters) and well it didn't even killed a model even when landing on top of it.

Bug or on purpose?

6 Feb 2021, 11:44 AM

Now do the same, but make units enemies.

There is plenty of dmg reductions for friendly units.
MMX
6 Feb 2021, 12:12 PM

this exactly. iirc friendly fire is usually only around 10% of the nominal damage. though ff multipliers are all over the place between factions, but that's another story.
6 Feb 2021, 12:38 PM

Ah lol, that was it...
6 Feb 2021, 17:46 PM

Even among arty barrages, the 240mm barrage feels like it has abnormally low friendly fire damage. Making it relatively safe to charge into the area you are barraging.

Still a crap ability though.
6 Feb 2021, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2021, 12:12 PMMMX
this exactly. iirc friendly fire is usually only around 10% of the nominal damage. though ff multipliers are all over the place between factions, but that's another story.

Meanwhile Railway Artillery has pretty close to 100% friendly fire damage lol.
Pip
6 Feb 2021, 18:12 PM

Any chance we can get all the friendly fire in the game normalised with the upcoming commander patch? I expect the prevailing wish would be to have them all normalised around one of the lower percentage values, though personally I'd prefer friendly fire for offmaps at least to be 100% to discourage broken arrowing your own guys, I'm not sure if this is something the Balans team would want to ever do. (Or even just your own personal troops, I expect being able to bomb your allies for 100% damage is far too abusable.)

Unrelated, but is there any chance for allied and enemy offmap calldown flares to have differing colours? It doesn't matter for (sight blocking)smoke, but if Allied and Enemy offmaps do different damage to your own troops, I imagine random teamgame players would like if your allies' offensive calldown flares were, say, blue. I imagine there's a lot of confusion when a player launches artillery on a position, only for his ally to hard retreat due to thinking it was the enemy's calldown.

Is this at all possible, or are calldown flares hardcoded somehow/not subject to team tints?
6 Feb 2021, 18:14 PM

Well, being devils advocate, Railway arty has also pretty much guaranteed 1st shot landing where you wanted it or very near, while 240mm lands all over the place.
Pip
6 Feb 2021, 18:16 PM

Well, being devils advocate, Railway arty has also pretty much guaranteed 1st shot landing where you wanted it or very near, while 240mm lands all over the place.

That's really no reason for it to be quite such an outlier in terms of friendly fire damage.
6 Feb 2021, 18:24 PM

240mm has a guaranteed single shell accuracy though I think. Everytime I've used it to kill an LEFH it worked.
6 Feb 2021, 18:38 PM

240mm has a guaranteed single shell accuracy though I think. Everytime I've used it to kill an LEFH it worked.

You literally have a vid in 1st post.
6 Feb 2021, 18:43 PM

You literally have a vid in 1st post.

I made my post before I watched the video so I tried to save face.
forgive me katitof :S
6 Feb 2021, 19:01 PM

For the record I tried it again with putting the units as enemy and its works better :).
I was trying on cheatmode each ability to put the commander back on my roaster.
Used it 3 times this afternoon but definitively lacking calliope in teamgame :{

Sherman 105 is nice because it is much more accurate than the regular sherman but has shorter range which make it much more vulnerable to pak wall.

240mm has been improved some years ago if I remember well but still to much RNG.
6 Feb 2021, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2021, 18:16 PMPip

That's really no reason for it to be quite such an outlier in terms of friendly fire damage.

Iirc sturmtiger will nuke friendly units but the AVRE won't as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 45
Germany 8
unknown 6
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L