Login

russian armor

Abandon

PAGES (12)down
28 Jan 2021, 19:22 PM

Why exist Abandon in CoH? It is 100%RNG and destroy the game in 1vs1/2vs2. In Teamgames can this still exist, but please remove this shit in 1vs1.
28 Jan 2021, 19:53 PM

I think it should at least have a fuel cost for the one recrewing it. There's a mechanic like that in the Ardennes Assault campaign.
28 Jan 2021, 20:08 PM

I think it should at least have a fuel cost for the one recrewing it.

This is the best I've ever seen that involves keeping abandon in the game. I wouldn't mind it just being removed but I could get behind this as well
28 Jan 2021, 20:11 PM

i like abandon, brings some emotions into games
28 Jan 2021, 20:15 PM

90% of the time its not even possible to recover abandoned vehicle anyway, unless you were just roflstomped off the field, in which case, you're losing anyway.
28 Jan 2021, 20:35 PM

I'm convinced the chance of an abandon is directly proportional to how close to your opponents base you are.
28 Jan 2021, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 20:15 PMKatitof
90% of the time its not even possible to recover abandoned vehicle anyway, unless you were just roflstomped off the field, in which case, you're losing anyway.

I think the biggest problem with Abandoned is, its diificult to see. And in a long Game or a Push its problematic.
Pip
28 Jan 2021, 20:40 PM

Abandon, much like MGC, is a terrible mechanic that has little reason to exist. Removing them both would do nothing but improve the game.
28 Jan 2021, 21:21 PM

I don't mind abandon.

J/k remove that cancer from coh2.
29 Jan 2021, 01:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 20:40 PMPip
Abandon, much like MGC, is a terrible mechanic that has little reason to exist. Removing them both would do nothing but improve the game.

Play sc2 or some other shit then
29 Jan 2021, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 19:22 PMMakros
Why exist Abandon in CoH? It is 100%RNG and destroy the game in 1vs1/2vs2. In Teamgames can this still exist, but please remove this shit in 1vs1.

Because coh2 is a creative game of possibilities

Besides the balance team already pander to your type by making abandoned a long repair time, so you must be doing something wrong in 1v1
Pip
29 Jan 2021, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2021, 01:19 AMmrgame2

Play sc2 or some other shit then

Non sequitur.
29 Jan 2021, 02:55 AM

Well, then you know why COH2 got kicked out from E-sport
29 Jan 2021, 02:56 AM

Yeah, punishing player for being aggressive, lol.
29 Jan 2021, 03:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2021, 02:55 AMPorygon
Well, then you know why COH2 got kicked out from E-sport

that's a good thing though
esports is cancer to those who play games for fun

just saying some may feel pride by association with big branding of esports but not me, my enjoyment will not grow with esports 'quality' branding

i value games with creativity options freedom originality, memes even
29 Jan 2021, 03:42 AM

Another whining: oh my god, I don't like this so much, I am so gentle. Delete it.
Damn it, this is a great mechanic that makes the game more interesting and richer. And if people complain about such things, it's no more surprising that games are becoming more and more primitive.
29 Jan 2021, 03:46 AM

Another whining: oh my god, I don't like this so much, I am so gentle. Delete it.
Damn it, this is a great mechanic that makes the game more interesting and richer. And if people complain about such things, it's no more surprising that games are becoming more and more primitive.

yes perfect agreement
primitive sterile narrowed focused money focused.
29 Jan 2021, 03:52 AM

though if coh3 can reach esports branding and still retain it's creative options and meme design, all the better.

that's what relic should strive for. expanding the scope of possibilities in a match and not attempting to strip things and dumb down for 'perfect' balance to join esports money
29 Jan 2021, 05:11 AM

Praise Katitof!
29 Jan 2021, 12:02 PM

Okay, this is going to be long so...

tl;dr version:
The vehicle abandon mechanism is unfair and punishes good plays, it should be either removed or reworked.

TED talk version:

I will try to be as logical and reasonable as possible here, therefore I will share my wonderful experience with it and post the pros and cons to see both sides of it :)

Cons:
1.) Do not reward player's good play
So my enemy microed pretty hard and lost quite a few grenadier models but he finally was able to fraust my UC. However it was abandoned and I was able to repair it up and recrewed it. It happens multiple times in different games.

(2v2) my Churchill tank was abandoned in a big fight but it was covered in its own smoke, enemy assault wave then died down, I took the opportunity to repair it back up with heavy sappers' quick repair. My enemies committed to a big push and they got almost nothing.

2.) Punish aggressive play unnecessarily
(This is an experience from my friend in 1v1) 2 su76s and a t34/76 rushed into enemy base, although he killed the king tiger, one of his su76 and t34 were abandoned and reused by his enemy. This mechanic imo makes tank play very static in this game, players only willing to camp their tanks in their own territory most of the time and why bother doing all the fancy moves, flanking into enemy territory when such a risk exists? This mechanic is just a big splash of cold water to the face telling you to fuck off.

3.) It simply does not feel gardening fair, why do I have to put an extra shot to secure the kill that I shouldve achieved??

(2v2) I tried to kill a p2 abandoned right next to an okw HQ, his kubel died and smoke from its wreckage blocked direct LOS, I then lost two 6 pounders to finish off that pesky LV because somehow they couldnt shoot it and flak HQ killed them both.

(1v1) I lost almost everything just to abandon a tiger tank in my opponent's backline, he didnt even have to spend anything to attack me later with a full health fat tiger and I gardening died. We would still be even if he had to remake the tiger with resources.

(2v2) I dived an elefant with a comet and cromwell plus coordinated barrage, both tanks died and I only managed to decrew it. It is recrewed by the other okw opponent. The wehrmacht remade elefant and we had to fight two gardening elefants at the same time in late game and I don't think anyone can win as allies at this point

(1v1) my firefly shot down a puma (yes it took a shot as powerful as a 17 pounder at half health) but it was abandoned in the walls behind Lost Glider, I then lost the game due to double puma sniping my pudding in a very meat-grinding battle.

Pros:
1.) ayy lmao tank abandon go boom
very funny mechanic lol , makes the game "interesting" omegalul

seriously up to this point if you still think this mechanic is fine, you are either a troll or you need to go see a doctor

Rant/Personal feeling:
This is gardening bullpudding and I remember every single bloody moment of it. Yea it happens rarely but it still happen from time to time, and that they often have serious impact in those games.
I feel so gardening frustrated when it happens, do I waste 30 mins into each game just to be screwed over by this bullpudding?

This "feature" is just as annoying as plane crash and I hope it is removed/rework asap
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS