Login

russian armor

Remove "Close the pocket" Arty ability

1 Jan 2021, 20:37 PM

Your text..

In the last 5 Minutes of the game the global orbital arty strikes begin. Man what a bullshit ability (in teamgames).
1 Jan 2021, 20:54 PM

No
1 Jan 2021, 21:19 PM
1 Jan 2021, 21:20 PM

Inb4 axis players come in to say its hard to pull off despite having abilities that instantly de-cap points in 2 clicks.
1 Jan 2021, 21:29 PM

Yeah it should have been changed a long time ago. The whole commander is designed to only work against poorly organized random teams.
1 Jan 2021, 21:31 PM

A well coordinated team can close the pocket on some games. Storms coming out of ambient buildings with shrecks can easily decap behind enemy lines. Stuka also decaps. But again, that takes a great deal of coordination to pull off. It is an "I win" ability if pulled off though.
2 Jan 2021, 02:20 AM

2 Jan 2021, 14:50 PM

This is really just an issue for redball/whiteball express against a premade team.

If I see one person on the axis team with that commander equipped I get caches on those two points asap and destroy any houses on our side of the map/booby trap them.

A lot of CTP players will become obsessed with pulling it off to the extent that they stop playing properly. They end up throwing units away to destroy those caches.
2 Jan 2021, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 14:50 PMGrim
This is really just an issue for redball/whiteball express against a premade team.

If I see one person on the axis team with that commander equipped I get caches on those two points asap and destroy any houses on our side of the map/booby trap them.

A lot of CTP players will become obsessed with pulling it off to the extent that they stop playing properly. They end up throwing units away to destroy those caches.

You must be an axis player if dare make such a post.
2 Jan 2021, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Balance wise is fine, design wise is horrible. If we consider that the game patch outs cheese out of the game.

It's the same issue we had with Urban defense HQ in smaller modes on specific maps, with specific respawn positions.
Pip
2 Jan 2021, 18:54 PM

Balance wise is fine, design wise is horrible. If we consider that the game patch outs cheese out of the game.

It's the same issue we had with Urban defense HQ in smaller modes on specific maps, with specific respawn positions.

Suggested rework:

When the ability is used, disconnected points automatically begin to neutralise themselves/cap themselves for the Axis and/or provide full vision within themselves for the axis (Through mass flares).

Still very strong, but doesn't immediately result in your opponent's army evaporating.
2 Jan 2021, 20:43 PM

I really don't get how this ability still has any defenders. The entire commander is one big gimmick and it has no place in the game

It's not a balance issue it's a gameplay one. The ability is not consistent with the direction the patches have taken on removing cheese
Vaz
2 Jan 2021, 21:20 PM

It's pure cheese. I've tried a lot to stop ctp attempts. Even putting fighting positions on vulnerable points. Stuka + ctp, at least 1 teamate is going to bail, game thrown. CTP is trash, even if your are a well organized premade team, it is extremely difficult to prevent a ctp. The best I've been able to do is quickly recap the point so only a little arty drops. I don't know if it's even possible to balance. Get rid of it and throw in a tiger.
2 Jan 2021, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 21:20 PMVaz
It's pure cheese. I've tried a lot to stop ctp attempts. Even putting fighting positions on vulnerable points. Stuka + ctp, at least 1 teamate is going to bail, game thrown. CTP is trash, even if your are a well organized premade team, it is extremely difficult to prevent a ctp. The best I've been able to do is quickly recap the point so only a little arty drops. I don't know if it's even possible to balance. Get rid of it and throw in a tiger.

Really depends on the map. Redball is a horrible map all around. Don't know who designed it but somebody that likes using the heaviest vehicles and arty it seems, and hates flanks. There it's easy to CTP. Large, open maps it's downright impossible. Steppes, General Mud, and the likes come to mind. But redball it's all too easy
Vaz
3 Jan 2021, 00:09 AM

Really depends on the map. Redball is a horrible map all around. Don't know who designed it but somebody that likes using the heaviest vehicles and arty it seems, and hates flanks. There it's easy to CTP. Large, open maps it's downright impossible. Steppes, General Mud, and the likes come to mind. But redball it's all too easy

I haven't seen steppes cheesed hard yet. General Mud I think I had a game ender on. Not frequent. The thing that sucks is that coh2 is a lot more fun with maps that have a cut off point, which is the exact mechanic that ctp takes the fun out of.
3 Jan 2021, 06:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 21:20 PMVaz

so its easier to pull off a "ctp" than to prevent one?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★