Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] UKF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (42)down
22 Dec 2020, 17:20 PM

Indirect fire being one of UKF's gaps isn't a huge issue to me. If you really need rocket artillery the Land Mattress doctrine is there, but otherwise the base artillery does the job just fine for attacking static positions. You can always sneak a sniper close to the position if you can't approach with a Pyro Section, which is even easier to use with the smoke drop.

Sneak your sniper to the Howitzer. Man you are good ;-)

The problem with the base artillery is the red smoke. You want to thin out a defensive position? This only works for flak emplacements, bunkers and OKW trucks. The team weapons, tanks and infantry already withdrawed a little bit to get some space between them and the shells (unless opponent is afk of course).

So it is more of an area denial if you use it versus mobile defensive positions.

Always playing that one landmattress doc? No, thanks. That is exactly the point I don't want at any faction.
22 Dec 2020, 17:30 PM

Sneak your sniper to the Howitzer. Man you are good ;-)

If the sniper can get in and make it back alive then this guy must be something else, i mean a whole difference lever from us.
22 Dec 2020, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 16:55 PMVipper

Only if the faction is not designed to have superior unit exactly because it has gaps in roster. If you want USF to have the same tools as Ostheer then riflemen should be toned down to grenadier level, Stuart to 222 level and so on...

And sherman get buffed to P4 level and Jackson buffed to panther level and Scott buffed to Sturmpanzer level? Why does Ost get superior lategame units and a complete roster?
22 Dec 2020, 17:42 PM

And sherman get buffed to P4 level and Jackson buffed to panther level and Scott buffed to Sturmpanzer level? Why does Ost get superior lategame units and a complete roster?

Because of faction design.

Either one goes Age of empires II style and all factions get the same things
or
one goes for faction that are different each with strengths and weakness

This is matter of design and not a matter of balance

To put simply a faction can have 2 units only available and be still be OP.
22 Dec 2020, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 17:42 PMVipper

This is matter of design and not a matter of balance

Why I'm winning more games in 3vs3 and 4vs4 with OKW than with UKF? It is a balance issue in game modes where the lategame is overproportional represented.

2vs2 is the most balanced team mode in Coh2. Early and midgame do exist to a much larger percentage.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 17:42 PMVipper
To put simply a faction can have 2 units only available and be still be OP.

Noone questions that. But since UKF isn't OP there is no reason for a blind spot.
22 Dec 2020, 17:56 PM

Ostheer mobile mortars are great too in addition (fire rate and accuracy), something UKF is missing completely with the exception of one commander.

Doesn't the Tactical Support Regiment have an air drop that contains an M1 Mortar as well?
22 Dec 2020, 18:00 PM

Doesn't the Tactical Support Regiment have an air drop that contains an M1 Mortar as well?

I'm not sure. Wasn't it a Vickers and AT-Gun? I really don't know, the commander is just too bad to play. Either way when I get a mortar at 4 CPs it is way too late.
22 Dec 2020, 19:40 PM

I'm not sure. Wasn't it a Vickers and AT-Gun? I really don't know, the commander is just too bad to play. Either way when I get a mortar at 4 CPs it is way too late.

It's a mortar and an AT-gun at 2 CP. It's one of the better 1v1 Brit commanders after Royal Artillery and Commandos.
22 Dec 2020, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 19:40 PMsuora

It's a mortar and an AT-gun at 2 CP. It's one of the better 1v1 Brit commanders after Royal Artillery and Commandos.

Thanks for correcting, seems it got a change at some point then. The Forward Observation Post is still somehow weird. Artillery cover was completely op but got fixed. I never knew how to play this commander the right way. If I want an early mobile mortar I always go for Land Lease, because there you have it as a T0 call-in
22 Dec 2020, 19:53 PM

2 CP is kinda late for an initial mortar.
22 Dec 2020, 20:14 PM

V4 changes

UKF

Royal Engineers
Royal Engineers are being moved to the HQ to encourage different builds from the British, help provide map control over the more expensive Infantry Section, and provide a cheaper supporting unit. A number of their abilities and construction options are being pushed back to avoid having a significant impact in the early game.
- Now trained in the HQ rather than the Platoon Command Post
- Destroy Cover, Heat Grenade, and Forward Assembly require Platoon Command Post

Medics
Given the changes to Royal Engineers and the timing of most healing options for other factions, Medics are being moved into the Platoon Command Post.
- Now trained at the Platoon Command Post rather than the HQ

Universal Carrier
The Universal Carrier is receiving a slight nerf by adding a fuel cost to the unit. Its effectiveness in the early game warrants a slight delay to British teching.
- Fuel cost to 5
22 Dec 2020, 20:24 PM

Looks good, anyone up for testing early RE builds?

Do RE win many engagements?
22 Dec 2020, 20:40 PM

Looks good, anyone up for testing early RE builds?

Do RE win many engagements?

if memory serves they are basicly better ost pios in combat but much better with vet. the combination of global bolster, getting a snare (for free) and being able to double up on piats if you want to for only 210mp... we might be seeing march deployment but with decent enough scaling. the only reason we may not see this is because tommies are god tier.
22 Dec 2020, 20:48 PM

if memory serves they are basicly better ost pios in combat but much better with vet. the combination of global bolster, getting a snare (for free) and being able to double up on piats if you want to for only 210mp... we might be seeing march deployment but with decent enough scaling. the only reason we may not see this is because tommies are god tier.

Wow they have weird veterancy at vet 1. High combat stats... in cover. So they have to rush enemy cover and shoot them feom it, due to their non-existent range.
22 Dec 2020, 20:55 PM

Wow they have weird veterancy at vet 1. High combat stats... in cover. So they have to rush enemy cover and shoot them feom it, due to their non-existent range.

with their cost, scaling and base stats it could be a problem, even pios are decent if they close in the early game or against team weapons so sappers will be even better at it.
a cost increase until command post is built may be needed to keep the slow but strong brits from out spamming all the other factions
22 Dec 2020, 21:01 PM

with their cost, scaling and base stats it could be a problem, even pios are decent if they close in the early game or against team weapons so sappers will be even better at it.
a cost increase until command post is built may be needed to keep the slow but strong brits from out spamming all the other factions

No one really ever sees 4 man Ro.E, last i checked they got slapped around. It'll be interesting to test.
22 Dec 2020, 21:13 PM

V4 changes

At this point might as well just make UKF start with Royal Engineers.
22 Dec 2020, 21:53 PM

No one really ever sees 4 man Ro.E, last i checked they got slapped around. It'll be interesting to test.

sturms start getting slapped around as the game goes on as well. i have not tested yet, but i can see sappers being made minutes sooner may be problematic is all im saying. like i said, they are basically ost pios, but can get an extra man, have better vet, get weapon racks, get a snare.... early game victories can snowball and units that scale well are prone to being abused.

not saying its definitely going to happen, but its something we should keep a keen eye on.
22 Dec 2020, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 21:13 PMSpoof

At this point might as well just make UKF start with Royal Engineers.

That would probably be the single biggest nerf in the patch. I'm going to have to say no.
22 Dec 2020, 22:02 PM

Replacing Infantry Sections with Sappers would be a clear nerf. What are you people smoking? What is even the point of building Sappers before having T1 up? Spamming Sections gives almost the same map control but much more combat power.
PAGES (42)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS