Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
9 Jan 2021, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

And then you invisi my posts.

Know what? I can do better things with my life than hang around this cesspit of a forum.

We all have my friend. I suggest reading the site rules, so that moderators don't need to spend their time of reading and invising. Otherwise, have fun.
9 Jan 2021, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2021, 07:20 AMvgfgff

combine with Its HP / speed make Brummbar has too much survivability and firepower.

The Brummbär is meant to be survivable because of the lack of turret. If you have a skilled opponent, it is very hard to kill it, unless you manage to set up a trap. Less skilled ones will often run it into too many AT units.

Overall I think it is in an okay spot right now. Previously it had 240 armor and was deemed too weak in survivability. I think balance team is going for a middle ground here. The only thing I find obnoxious is that it is really hard to snare, simply because running at it is damn dangerous.

Bouncing three shots in a row is quite rare as Vipper said. I am not sure though if this is the correct metric. It's quite fair to assume that you have at least 2 AT units on the field that can fire twice on the approach. I think the better question is 'how likely is it for these 4 shots to pen at least twice'. At this point the Brummbar usually retreats.

EDIT:
So chances to pen X times out of four shots in live/preview is:
0-1 (accumulated): 6,2%/4,5%
2: 23,2%/20%
3-4 (acc): 70,5%/75,5%

Now this attack will happen multiple times in a game (let's say 4 for the sake of it).
Beating all of them back has a chance of 77%/83% if your opponent retreats after two pens and 25%/32% if he retreats after three pens.

Additionally, all this neglects misses, so to make it short: I think you have a decent chance of encountering this somewhat regularly in the game. But on the other hand, the Brummbar cannot overextend too far because of a lacking turret.
I'd say let's see what the patch brings.
9 Jan 2021, 11:53 AM

The Brummbär is meant to be survivable because of the lack of turret. If you have a skilled opponent, it is very hard to kill it, unless you manage to set up a trap. Less skilled ones will often run it into too many AT units.

Overall I think it is in an okay spot right now. Previously it had 240 armor and was deemed too weak in survivability. I think balance team is going for a middle ground here. The only thing I find obnoxious is that it is really hard to snare, simply because running at it is damn dangerous.

Bouncing three shots in a row is quite rare as Vipper said. I am not sure though if this is the correct metric. It's quite fair to assume that you have at least 2 AT units on the field that can fire twice on the approach. I think the better question is 'how likely is it for these 4 shots to pen at least twice'. At this point the Brummbar usually retreats.

EDIT:

Now this attack will happen multiple times in a game (let's say 4 for the sake of it).
Beating all of them back has a chance of 77%/83% if your opponent retreats after two pens and 25%/32% if he retreats after three pens.

Additionally, all this neglects misses, so to make it short: I think you have a decent chance of encountering this somewhat regularly in the game. But on the other hand, the Brummbar cannot overextend too far because of a lacking turret.

It's so cumbersome and clunky though and it's accuracy , range and tracking are piss poor. I for what am shocked they have reduced armor. The Brumbbar is underperforming right now along with the Stug E which hasn't been touched at all despite being the worst unit in the game.
9 Jan 2021, 12:20 PM

It's so cumbersome and clunky though and it's accuracy , range and tracking are piss poor. I for what am shocked they have reduced armor. The Brumbbar is underperforming right now along with the Stug E which hasn't been touched at all despite being the worst unit in the game.

Bad artisan will always blame the tools, regardless how perfect they are.
The only thing to be shocked about here is the fact that someone can actually fail at using brummbar with its gun stats.

Had allies had a unit like that as stock, there would be no end to you posting about removing it from the game completely.
9 Jan 2021, 12:26 PM

EDIT:

250 is ok or put 260 back and decrease speed, acc rate.

Brummbar are stock that act like doc unit. currently It perform much better than KV-2 (I've tested).

Its Speed make some medium and most TD can't catch it .They can run and kite team weapon then just retreat to safe zone with its reliable frontal armor and HP that enough to take 5-6 shot from TD. (kill strum or king tiger are easier than this)
compare with other AI unit. Let me start at KV2 because they're in same type.
-KV2 are doc unit that come with inaccurate shot specially on moving, low speed, long reload time, forever turret rotation rate(rotate a itself is faster) and expensive with very late arrived time.

other AI tank that use flame thrower not able to kite infantry or team weapon like brummbar/KV2.so I will not compare it here.

9 Jan 2021, 12:33 PM

Bad artisan will always blame the tools, regardless how perfect they are.
The only thing to be shocked about here is the fact that someone can actually fail at using brummbar with its gun stats.

Had allies had a unit like that as stock, there would be no end to you posting about removing it from the game completely.

The Brummbar is far from a perfect unit... if you want a perfect unit I suggest you look at the SU152 and the Comet. You know units with NO weaknesses.

Now back to the Brummbar , the Ostwind is a far better choice 90% of the time and it's cheaper. The Brummbar is far to micro intensive to able to utilize the gun properly along with it's pitiful range and slow rate of fire. It's auto fire is an absolute mess.

You can scream bad artisan as much as you like but facts are facts and let's not also forget your laughable play time in CoH 2 :)

What of the Stug E ? How does everyone find this unit ? I vote it as the worst unit in the game right now.
9 Jan 2021, 12:40 PM

The Brummbar is far from a perfect unit... if you want a perfect unit I suggest you look at the SU152 and the Comet. You know units with NO weaknesses.

I'm 100% convenienced you would fail with both of them just as badly if not worse.

Now back to the Brummbar , the Ostwind is a far better choice 90% of the time and it's cheaper. The Brummbar is far to micro intensive to able to utilize the gun properly along with it's pitiful range and slow rate of fire. It's auto fire is an absolute mess.

If AoE unit with virtually zero scatter is too hard for you to use, then use the other one if its nets you better result.

You can scream bad artisan as much as you like but facts are facts and let's not also forget your laughable play time in CoH 2 :)

Said a player with 2000 rank and single faction played exclusively, struggling for 40% win ratio in 4v4.

The only fact here is you have no idea how to play and are blaming own powerful units for that.
I can't even imagine how bad someone who fails with brummbar must be.
9 Jan 2021, 12:44 PM

Comet can't 1vs1 panther that is it weakpoint. go try it
ISU-152 is Doctrinal and have very bad maneuverability / slow fire rate. need a lot of support unit behind them or it get flanked and gone.

9 Jan 2021, 12:49 PM

What of the Stug E ? How does everyone find this unit ? I vote it as the worst unit in the game right now.

9 Jan 2021, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I disagree. The range is very good for such a strong cannon. Tracking and accuracy do literally not matter if you micro it properly.
9 Jan 2021, 13:28 PM

I disagree. The range is very good for such a strong cannon. Tracking and accuracy do literally not matter if you micro it properly.

StuG E... good and sh*tty at same time. It still overperforms hard versus world-buildings and sucks versus all other things... give it same gun as Scot and you see how good it could be xD (or see how Scot still overperforms lol)

Brummbär nerf while Sherman bulldoozer 105mm still overperforms? World of irony.
9 Jan 2021, 13:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

StuG E... good and sh*tty at same time. It still overperforms hard versus world-buildings and sucks versus all other things... give it same gun as Scot and you see how good it could be xD (or see how Scot still overperforms lol)

Brummbär nerf while Sherman bulldoozer 105mm still overperforms? World of irony.

I was referring to the Brummbar, I just did not specify.

Hard to tell if the Bulldozer really overperforms because I never see it in the game, which might be due to the doctrine though (and the fact that I did not have an awful lot of time for playing recently).
9 Jan 2021, 13:55 PM

Hard to tell if the Bulldozer really overperforms because I never see it in the game, which might be due to the doctrine though (and the fact that I did not have an awful lot of time for playing recently).

For what it is, it overperforms. Forcing smaller quads + turret. But making it worse it becomes useless, because normal sherman HE is AI shredder too. AEF has here a wirred line-up problem.

And back to Germans, I still think, it would be better to make Brummbär a doc-unit instead of StuG E.

StuG E can fix the line-up to fill the lack of Panzer3 as German light-medium.
9 Jan 2021, 14:04 PM

Bulldozer is super strong and with a turret , I would certainly take it over the Brummbar if I had the choice.
9 Jan 2021, 14:30 PM

Bulldozer is super strong and with a turret , I would certainly take it over the Brummbar if I had the choice.

It has much lower AOE . lower HP/armor ,lower speed than brumbar
4 shot from AT . Bulldozer will gone .
9 Jan 2021, 14:33 PM

For what it is, it overperforms. Forcing smaller quads + turret. But making it worse it becomes useless, because normal sherman HE is AI shredder too. AEF has here a wirred line-up problem.

And back to Germans, I still think, it would be better to make Brummbär a doc-unit instead of StuG E.

StuG E can fix the line-up to fill the lack of Panzer3 as German light-medium.

Agreed as .
Brumbar should be a doctrinal unit while it capability are same as KV2.

StuG E are cheaper. faster and better arrived time. and they're not too strong like Brumbar when it combined with other AT unit(I mean as stock unit).

Bulldozer are suck when I met it on axis side just faust + AT or PZIV(that arrived faster) = done.
Honestly even sherman with HE are better.
9 Jan 2021, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2021, 14:30 PMvgfgff

It has much lower AOE . lower HP/armor ,lower speed than brumbar
4 shot from AT . Bulldozer will gone .

It actually has same 720 hp as brumm and recieves extra hp with veterancy.
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS