Login

russian armor

Dream QoL changes for Coh2

Pip
24 Nov 2020, 16:42 PM

It's in my mod, so you can expect them to steal it, yes.

Yes, and the new balance team's first agenda item was to go to it and take all the work we've done. we're trying for a 4 faction release this week. After all, we're two people with full-time jobs against a team of 10 who, last I heard, are all unemployed. Our mod also encompasses far more changes then the next balance patch.

Another suggestion i was going to make for the Ambulance (But after looking at your previous posts it seems you have made the suggestion before) Was a hull-down ability for the vehicle when in a base sector, which would give it similar durability to the OST med bunker. I think this would be better than Sander's current suggestion of allowing a couple of members of the medic squad to escape a wreck. I'd rather have an ambulance than the medic squad itself.
24 Nov 2020, 20:37 PM

I highly encourage anyone who has QoL ideas to jump into Attribute Editor and try to make them work and if you succeed, report how you did it to the balance team. It's really not that complicated, especially if you have rudimentary coding knowledge (it's not necessary but helps you understand the process), it's just really timeconsuming to see what works and what doesn't, which is why I assume these additions often don't make it to a patch.

Here's how to get started: https://www.coh2.org/guides/26089/coh2-modding-getting-started-with-the-official-tools

Ideally we should compile a list of every QoL idea / bug that might be possible to implement / fix.

Better MG arc indicators. Too many times have a unit crawled out of the MG "Arc" and still were shot at by the enemy :(

Maybe possible? I think how the set up arc looks is in ui_setfacing, but the short time I spent trying to tweak it myself didn't do anything.

Vehicle wreck pathing change. Has the stuck on the enemy vehicle wreck killed your light vehicles before? Then you know what I'm talking about. I don't know what has to change but it would be a blessing to have that wreck not make a tank turn 360 degrees trying to path out of it.

You can allow certain wrecks to be crushed by light vehicles.

Dynamic in game range indicator. While a unit is selected and pressing a specific key, you could see the max range.

Possible, but don't think there's enough UI space left for it. Maybe if the ability is not displayed on the command bar, but as an icon on top of the unit portrait and that icon would tell you which button to press to reveal range.

In HQ, toggle option for auto reinforce.

Haven't tried it, but might not be impossible.

More of a fix than a QoL, but the Stuka/Mobile Arty/LeFH/ML-20(?) bug where the firing is cancelled (before shots are made) but it still starts the CD. Perhaps locking the (initial) animation in might be preferable to losing an outright firing as it's on CD either way, assuming the CD thing can't be practically fixed.....

Sounds like its fixable.

Fix the damn inf movement system. No more derpin on the spot. The very first priority when recievin a move order should be to GTFO of the spot where they currently are, and only after that should they try to reorganize the formation. Make nades dodgin great again

Squad behaviour like this is actually tweakable. For example how much range difference there has to be between the squad leader and other squad members, before the members get off their asses and catch up. Never tinkered with this, but it's likely you can make squads more responsive with some trial and error tweaking.

USF crews should not be automatically (i.e. without recievin an order) tryin to repair any other vehicle than their own

You may not be able to tell crews which vehicle to repair, but might be able to decrease the radius in which they 'search' for a vehicle to repair.
24 Nov 2020, 21:11 PM

I highly encourage anyone who has QoL ideas to jump into Attribute Editor and try to make them work and if you succeed, report how you did it to the balance team. It's really not that complicated, especially if you have rudimentary coding knowledge (it's not necessary but helps you understand the process), it's just really timeconsuming to see what works and what doesn't, which is why I assume these additions often don't make it to a patch.

Here's how to get started: https://www.coh2.org/guides/26089/coh2-modding-getting-started-with-the-official-tools

I actually did want to try this a few months ago, only to discover that the Flex SDX is no longer available. I don't trust third party sources for software, so it appears to be impossible.
24 Nov 2020, 21:45 PM

I actually did want to try this a few months ago, only to discover that the Flex SDX is no longer available. I don't trust third party sources for software, so it appears to be impossible.

I downloaded it from here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/SDK-DDK/Adobe-Flex-SDK.shtml

So I can vouch for it personally, softpedia is a trustworthy site.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Korea, Republic Of 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment