Login

russian armor

Pak 43 shooting through elevations/houses

Pip
9 Nov 2020, 20:59 PM

I can see it go both ways.

If you check the list, it also mentions other mechanics such as locating enemies through things happening in the fog of war. Window crushing, fences getting destroy, sound, xp kickers etc. Depending on who you ask, ghosting can be fine.

Some people consider blocking retreat path with other infantry or vehicles abusing. Same with pushing.

No one bats an eye if you attack ground to luck yourself and get a scatter hit outside the range of the weapon or try to shoot through a sight blocker like a building.

If the enemy doesn't know to press stop, you can make vehicles phase through each other.

What's consider a skill, mechanic or knowledge to be ok is entirely dependant on what the community believes to be fine.

I'm talking based on experience in SC2, WC3, AoE, FPS and fighting games.

To some degree, sure. At least personally I'd call all the "Fog Mechanics" (Barring perhaps sounds?) to clearly be bugs. I suppose it's up for interpretation.

9 Nov 2020, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 20:59 PMPip

To some degree, sure. At least personally I'd call all the "Fog Mechanics" (Barring perhaps sounds?) to clearly be bugs. I suppose it's up for interpretation.

I think sounds from fog are shouldn't be consider as a bug , listening field is part of the strategy , but maybe couldn't build mine on to enemy mine can be consider like that , player should do and lost units models with mun. Maybe sound can be adjust to proximity to ur units to origin of sound in the fog but I think feature should be stay...
9 Nov 2020, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 20:26 PMPip

"a possible game feature"

I do have to be honest, I'm not really sure how they could come to that conclusion.

Not good, there can be abuses in many different ways. need a fix fast ....

one of the reasons I stopped playing coh1 was because 88's just sniped ATGs like that, and since the invincible mechanic doesn't exist in coh1 the moment 88s were on the field you could kiss your AT goodbye.
atleast in the current game you can just repair the gun if the enemy manages to damage it, and like I said in a normal game it's hard to actually target something on tactical map since the icons are so big
9 Nov 2020, 22:18 PM

one of the reasons I stopped playing coh1 was because 88's just sniped ATGs like that, and since the invincible mechanic doesn't exist in coh1 the moment 88s were on the field you could kiss your AT goodbye.
atleast in the current game you can just repair the gun if the enemy manages to damage it, and like I said in a normal game it's hard to actually target something on tactical map since the icons are so big

I was playing since vanilla coh first came out and literally didn't realized this "mechanic" exist.
And yet they still kept this. What a lovely world.
9 Nov 2020, 22:29 PM
Donator 11

I think they should give the pak43 brace and remove auto-attack through obstacles. Allow both the 17ber and pak43 to always pierce obstacles, but make it require attack ground to do so

I agree with this message.
9 Nov 2020, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 20:59 PMPip

They are bugs, but bugs have historically been added as "mechanics" or features depending on whoever is in charge.

(Just trying to remove the negative connotation regarding the word).
10 Nov 2020, 00:09 AM

I prefer scuddle pak ability to, crew destroys the gun retreat the base then can rebuild pak cheaper kind of ability ( crew cannot cap points) to shooting over houses etc. With this alternative brace can keep vet crew alive but ofc it needs penetration shoot ability after spending mun anyway or will be utter useless without it....

I actually kinda like this idea. Sorta like a crew that "deploys" the gun at a cost and undeploys (scuttle) to move it
10 Nov 2020, 01:49 AM

pak43 is okay at where it is, at 40 fuel you end up winning even if you kill a t70 and scuttle the gun. (you gain part of mp and fuel back). just build a pak in a place that might surprise the enemy, kill one tank, scuttle and repeat somewhere else.
12 Nov 2020, 13:34 PM

Oh I take it extremely seriously. It's come close to ending a game a few times when I was Axis. But against decent ppl it only has the surprise factor and dies rather easily to ISG, infantry, AT guns or even Ele/Jagdtiger duelling it out. Not to mention call-ins after Brace is gone.....

It;s all depends on enemy build. It's pointless when axis spams leigs/mortars but sometimes happens that they have only 1 stuka and a lot of heavy/medium tanks. It can punish them heavily.

Help me win vs some top players and even killed elefant. People are too cocky when they have heavies on the field and they don't realize how much damage 1 or 2 shots of 17p can do to a vehicule.

But again, 17p has brace which can survive gustav barrage, stumtiger shot, leFH etc, when pak43 only counts on good placement behind sightblocker. Especially soviets has so many tools to kill or simply decrew that building it often ends with just loosing resources.

I would really prefer pak43 to not be decrew.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 744
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L