Login

russian armor

Pak 43 shooting through elevations/houses

9 Nov 2020, 11:39 AM

Wouldn't this be a better option?

I guess one could test but I think pak43 is underused already so I see little reason to go through the trouble.

Also, what kind of clear obstacle do Sappers have?

Clear obstacles that small explosive they have. Also available doctrinal to assault engineers and Pioneer via upgrade.
9 Nov 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 11:39 AMVipper

I guess one could test but I think pak43 is underused already so I see little reason to go through the trouble.

Clear obstacles that small explosive they have. Also available doctrinal to assault engineers and Pioneer via upgrade.

I'd agree it's underused in 1v1 and 2v2 due to the nature of those mods. However, from my experience (3v3), pak43 is used in pretty much every game. Of course, it's my problem that I only play random teams so coordination is not the main deal in those games. I mean, last 4 games my teammates left after losing one squad: "gg, we lost, you suck" and then disconnect...some top 20 3v3 players no less. All in all, giving pak43 better survivability/clearing blockers would be more "normal" than have it shoot through buildings on it's own.
9 Nov 2020, 13:11 PM

I'd agree it's underused in 1v1 and 2v2 due to the nature of those mods. However, from my experience (3v3), pak43 is used in pretty much every game. Of course, it's my problem that I only play random teams so coordination is not the main deal in those games. I mean, last 4 games my teammates left after losing one squad: "gg, we lost, you suck" and then disconnect...some top 20 3v3 players no less. All in all, giving pak43 better survivability/clearing blockers would be more "normal" than have it shoot through buildings on it's own.

I have not seen so many pak43 in 3vs3, maybe it more map deepened?

Suggest you try priest. It completely counter the pak43.
9 Nov 2020, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 13:11 PMVipper

I have not seen so many pak43 in 3vs3, maybe it more map deepened?

Suggest you try priest. It completely counter the pak43.

Yes. It's heavily map dependent. As I have said, on some maps Pak43 is pointless and easy to counter. On maps with lots of buildings and sightblockers that are more "lane-y", pak43 can be cancerous to play against. Hence the "Not UP nor OP"
9 Nov 2020, 16:58 PM

I prefer scuddle pak ability to, crew destroys the gun retreat the base then can rebuild pak cheaper kind of ability ( crew cannot cap points) to shooting over houses etc. With this alternative brace can keep vet crew alive but ofc it needs penetration shoot ability after spending mun anyway or will be utter useless without it....
9 Nov 2020, 17:00 PM

a bunch of crap

you didn't read my post, if you use tacmap bug you can easily snipe any support weapons since they all have 20 size, also SU have 60 vision, if you use 2 SU85's you have a very good chance of sniping a pak before it can fire twice.
9 Nov 2020, 17:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

you didn't read my post, if you use tacmap bug you can easily snipe any support weapons since they all have 20 size, also SU have 60 vision, if you use 2 SU85's you have a very good chance of sniping a pak before it can fire twice.

Are you seriously suggesting to use tank destroyers against an ATG?
9 Nov 2020, 18:10 PM

Just ignore him like I have. I considered reporting him but naaaah. Ignore.
9 Nov 2020, 18:24 PM

17 pounder can brace but is also a meme emplacement.

Do not underestimate 17p. It's very good, powerfull AT when you know where and when to build it. 1 or 2 shots of it can decide of entire engament and fate of the entire game.
9 Nov 2020, 18:52 PM

yes, support guns are vehicles and TDs are anti-vehicles units, what is so hard to grasp?

Just ignore him like I have. I considered reporting him but naaaah. Ignore.

this is why the current balance is fucked up, too many mouthbreathers on the forum giving their opinion...
one can't read and the other is a rank 5000 who made a giant post to look smart and gets his feefees hurt the moment someone tries to actually help him.

https://streamable.com/bli19n

here, one click and pak is down
9 Nov 2020, 18:57 PM

yes, support guns are vehicles and TDs are anti-vehicles units, what is so hard to grasp?

Play the game and try to kill ATG with a TD.
Hell, use 6 TDs vs 1 ATG and tell us the results.
Maybe you will grasp something hard in the process.

Tho, might be a different result for pak43 due to different target size and lack of weapon kill protection actual ATGs have.
9 Nov 2020, 18:58 PM

I just did, with video proof lmao
9 Nov 2020, 19:01 PM

I just did, with video proof lmao

Yeah, checked it out after posting, its targeting priority umm issue?
With regular ATGs, its the crew that is being targeted, not the gun.
Reverse seems to be the case for pak43.
9 Nov 2020, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 18:24 PMStark

Do not underestimate 17p. It's very good, powerfull AT when you know where and when to build it. 1 or 2 shots of it can decide of entire engament and fate of the entire game.

Oh I take it extremely seriously. It's come close to ending a game a few times when I was Axis. But against decent ppl it only has the surprise factor and dies rather easily to ISG, infantry, AT guns or even Ele/Jagdtiger duelling it out. Not to mention call-ins after Brace is gone.....
9 Nov 2020, 19:14 PM

Yeah, checked it out after posting, its targeting priority umm issue?
With regular ATGs, its the crew that is being targeted, not the gun.
Reverse seems to be the case for pak43.

nope, this happens with any support weapons, test yourself, get a sniper and shoot at a MG using the tacmap, the sniper will shoot at the mg and won't kill anyone, this is a bug and relic probably knew about this, this is why support weapons are invincible when they are crewed because if they weren't you could just snipe anything using tanks or ATGs.

you can still do that but the gun will have 0.1% health when it get decrewed. I guess relic never bothered fixing since it requires a little bit of micro to pull it off.
9 Nov 2020, 19:41 PM

nope, this happens with any support weapons, test yourself, get a sniper and shoot at a MG using the tacmap, the sniper will shoot at the mg and won't kill anyone, this is a bug and relic probably knew about this, this is why support weapons are invincible when they are crewed because if they weren't you could just snipe anything using tanks or ATGs.

you can still do that but the gun will have 0.1% health when it get decrewed. I guess relic never bothered fixing since it requires a little bit of micro to pull it off.

Omg in cheat mod I tried and yes if u use tactical map to attack u can literally shoot to weapon itself but its not decrewed when its decrewed by other inf etc then it has 1 pixel health ...
9 Nov 2020, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It has already been acknowledge by the community and tournament creators as an abuse in a "mechanic" (it's listed in all the latest tournament rules).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w8FH7HtM-7CYh54xrK2WQnXeBNuN7E05tYGOD3CQy3U/edit#heading=h.yf2ptvtw94x5

Pip
9 Nov 2020, 20:26 PM

It has already been acknowledge by the community and tournament creators as an abuse in a "mechanic" (it's listed in all the latest tournament rules).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w8FH7HtM-7CYh54xrK2WQnXeBNuN7E05tYGOD3CQy3U/edit#heading=h.yf2ptvtw94x5

"a possible game feature"

I do have to be honest, I'm not really sure how they could come to that conclusion.
9 Nov 2020, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 20:26 PMPip

I do have to be honest, I'm not really sure how they could come to that conclusion.

Not good, there can be abuses in many different ways. need a fix fast ....
9 Nov 2020, 20:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2020, 20:26 PMPip

I can see it go both ways.

If you check the list, it also mentions other mechanics such as locating enemies through things happening in the fog of war. Window crushing, fences getting destroy, sound, xp kickers etc. Depending on who you ask, ghosting can be fine.

Some people consider blocking retreat path with other infantry or vehicles abusing. Same with pushing.

No one bats an eye if you attack ground to luck yourself and get a scatter hit outside the range of the weapon or try to shoot through a sight blocker like a building.

If the enemy doesn't know to press stop, you can make vehicles phase through each other.

What's consider a skill, mechanic or knowledge to be ok is entirely dependant on what the community believes to be fine.

I'm talking based on experience in SC2, WC3, AoE, FPS and fighting games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment