Login

russian armor

The maxim thread

PAGES (13)down
31 Oct 2020, 12:39 PM

The maxim for its cost/performance/timing makes it the worst yet comparatively the most expensive hmg hands down. Giving it the vet2 bonus at vet0 would help. A hmg should suppress, and not having to wait until vet2 to become even just adequate.
31 Oct 2020, 13:00 PM

Buff Maxim’ arc, suppression, change formation. Basically all the changes in miragefla’s mod. Then add 15 secs build time to nerf Maxim spammers.
31 Oct 2020, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 12:37 PMgbem

terrible argument... units should be balanced from vet 0 on the get go... and if thats the case then the maxim`s vet 2 stats most likely needs to be brought to vet 0 plus a few extra

There was no argument just the observation that the performance issue of maxim are exaggerated

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 12:37 PMgbem

also sustained fire is a joke compared to API... the latter doubles DPS and allows it to take on armor while sustained fire allows a maxim to do the job of an MG42 without API....

Just because an ability A is superior to ability B that does not make ability B a Joke.

Sustained fire is very cost efficient ability that help maxim suppress unit faster.
31 Oct 2020, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 13:14 PMVipper

There was no argument just the observation that the performance issue of maxim are exaggerated

it isnt exaggerated at vet 0 however... it is the only MG that has no chance of suppressing 2 charging line infantry...

Just because an ability A is superior to ability B that does not make ability B a Joke.

Sustained fire is very cost efficient ability that help maxim suppress unit faster.

hence the term "a joke compared to"... sustained fire simply allows the machinegun to do its job while API allows the machinegun to function as a light anti tank gun...
31 Oct 2020, 13:42 PM

It's been 7 years and even when Relic devs were in charge, it couldn't be fixed.

On teleport: it can't be done. The maxims is like a pak in this case. Once the model carrying the weapon dies, the movement stops and one model has to go pick it up.

On priority: weapon crew already have differentiate priority from the gunner. The problem is targeting and formation. If your only viable option to shoot at is the gunner (if you come from max range or if it's the first thing you are able to see) then it doesn't matter all the changes you had already applied.

On transferring dmg: we WC3 now bois. I'm thinking hard right now, but i don't think we have the tools to do that.

The best it can be done is to put 2 models in front of the Maxim gunner.

Another option could be to give the gunner green cover always after the mg is setup (for all mgs) irrespective of where one sets it up (road exception if implementable). Could be tested, I guess.
31 Oct 2020, 13:49 PM

Another option could be to give the gunner green cover always after the mg is setup (for all mgs) irrespective of where one sets it up (road exception if implementable). Could be tested, I guess.

green cover MG42? fuck no...
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 13:56 PM

I recall squad size effecting being supressed. The bigger the squad the faster it gets suppressed. You used the maxim on a conscript squad right? Thats the reason why it the maxim supressed faster then expected imo.

I don't know if that's the case. I did the tests again this morning with Grenadiers and got the same result. Does anyone actually have any evidence of the current maxim actually taking 4.3 seconds to suppress in practice? I'd like to see some thorough documentation on this.
31 Oct 2020, 13:56 PM

Could be like one cover level higher for the gunner if implementable. Another solution could be increased sight range in the cone after the mg is setup to make sure it starts hitting earlier so that units can't just walk straight in its face. Lots of ideas there are - not just straight up dps/etc buffs.
31 Oct 2020, 15:30 PM

In the game maxim has 2 animation states, one with bipod and one without. In and our of cover respectively.

What can be done is, add it ability to deploy it always on bipod with firing arc matching in building firing arc, but increasing deploy and redeploy time.

But at the same time 6 men crew preventing maxim from having any sugnicant buffs, because in any scenario when player reacts in time, there is no way to decrew full HP maxim with 1 squads and without nades, if there is no deathloop.

While maxim is by far weakest MG when compared to other MGs, at the same time is hardest to decrew, at least untill mid\late game, aswell as merge ability allows you soft retreat it and nades are deadly only if models are bunched up togeather what is happening sugnificantly rarely when compared to other MGs. Aside from fast deloy\redeloy time this was pretty much the sole reason why maxim spam existed, since even if you made a mistake and let enemy flank you early on, you would still survive and retreat it.

Point is being to put maxim perfomance closer to being on pair with other MGs, would requare it survivability to be somewhat on pair with other MGs.
31 Oct 2020, 15:42 PM

But at the same time 6 men crew preventing maxim from having any sugnicant buffs, because in any scenario when player reacts in time, there is no way to decrew full HP maxim with 1 squads and without nades, if there is no deathloop.

What kind of extreme delusion is this? Not only can Axis squads easily deathloop the Maxim (Falls, Obers, Pgrens) but a single squad should absolutely not decrew a full HP MG without a grenade.

How can someone talk about the Maxim when people post such delusion that borders on straight up trolling just to promote their faction is beyond me.
31 Oct 2020, 15:50 PM

What kind of extreme delusion is this? Not only can Axis squads easily deathloop the Maxim (Falls, Obers, Pgrens) but a single squad should absolutely not decrew a full HP MG without a grenade.

How can someone talk about the Maxim when people post such delusion that borders on straight up trolling just to promote their faction is beyond me.

Really? Rifles\Tommies\Cons can decrew MG42\MG34 at close range, quite fast. Grens\Volks can decrew Vekers\50 cal quite fast. You should lower your alies bias and trolling level, to at least sound resonable.

Also funny how you give an excample of falls\Obersts\PGs, didnt know they are mainline inf awaible from the get go. You could have at least mention STs, which are more realistic.
31 Oct 2020, 15:50 PM

If you have to say that once an HMG vets up it's performance becomes sufficient to do its only job, then by no means can you say the performance issues are exaggerated...

Every thread on this forum will have some extreme people, but the maxim is pretty hard to be extreme about. It's price to performance compared to other MGs is inexcusable
31 Oct 2020, 15:53 PM

Really? Rifles\Tommies\Cons can decrew MG42\MG34 at close range, quite fast. Grens\Volks can decrew Vekers\50 cal quite fast. You should lower your alies bias and trolling level, to at least sound resonable.

So in your world deathlooping a retreating maxim is the same as flanking an mg42/34 and killing it at close range?

.50 cal also has a deathloop...
31 Oct 2020, 15:54 PM

So in your world deathlooping a retreating maxim is the same as flanking an mg42/34 and killing it at close range?

Do we agree that deathloop is a bug in a first place and it should have been fixed ages ago? Start from that.
31 Oct 2020, 15:55 PM

Do we agree that deathloop is a bug in a first place and it should have been fixed ages ago? Start from that.

Of course. That doesn't really change anything though, because it can't be removed so it's always going to be a factor
31 Oct 2020, 15:57 PM

Of course. That doesn't really change anything though, because it can't be removed so it's always going to be a factor

I belive it was proven that squad formation is related to this bug, it might not be completly fixable, but chances of it happening can be lowered quite significantly.
31 Oct 2020, 16:00 PM

I belive it was proven that squad formation is related to this bug, it might not be completly fixable, but chances of it happening can be lowered quite significantly.

You can't make the MG teleport, so they will always have to stop and pick it up if the carrier gets killed on retreat. They can mitigate it, but it is impossible to prevent the stopping entirely

The performance for its price isn't acceptable with or without the loop. The loop is just insult to injury

31 Oct 2020, 16:01 PM

it really isnt... however what can be changed is to treat any machinegun with the deathloop as 1 man smaller... i think the maxim should be 5 man then given the full MG42 treatment...
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 16:04 PM

Squad formation changes might certainly help, but it doesn't stop it from being killed on retreat. A previous suggestion someone made of somehow making the crew retreat as a blob to remedy it somewhat (which im unsure if is possible) merely means MGs will be far easier to grenade on retreat.

Honestly I wonder if going in the opposite direction might be better/easier than trying to fix the unfixable Deathloop. Introducting the deathloop to the Vickers and MG34/42 and 50 cal, and increasing their survivability to compensate (i.e, making them all fivemen). I suppose you can't really introduce a deathloop to these guns for the same reason you can't take it away from the Maxim or DShK though.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★
  • The British Forces flag 보드카 중대
  • Oberkommando West flag VonManteuffel
  • Ostheer flag Heartless Jäger
uploaded by XXxxHeartlessxxXX

Board Info

216 users are online: 8 members and 208 guests
DIRTY_FINISHER, OKSpitfire, amanitamuscariaomh, nigo, Hannibal, Crecer13, empirescurropt, alejandroschintu
9 posts in the last 24h
35 posts in the last week
89 posts in the last month
Registered members: 44642
Welcome our newest member, amanitamuscariaomh
Most online: 2043 users on 29 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM